Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              154              156              160       161       end
  

Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread

  
 
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #1 · p.155 #1 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


It just plucked a snail from the water…



© AGeoJO 2023

Snail kite

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS lens    600mm    f/4.0    1/2000s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jun 30, 2023 at 05:44 PM
ChrisMak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.155 #2 · p.155 #2 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


A quick question: how do you post images here by means of flickr BBC code, and avoid the images being shown at sizes above 100%? I use a 4K display, and I notice that images in this thread are shown at above 100% viewing unless one uses a very large image. Is there a way to constrain the frame to e.g. 2048px, and not show at larger zoom than 100%?


Jul 05, 2023 at 09:32 AM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #3 · p.155 #3 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


ChrisMak wrote:
A quick question: how do you post images here by means of flickr BBC code, and avoid the images being shown at sizes above 100%? I use a 4K display, and I notice that images in this thread are shown at above 100% viewing unless one uses a very large image. Is there a way to constrain the frame to e.g. 2048px, and not show at larger zoom than 100%?


Chris,
I post my images via the Upload feature on FM. But I remembered that there is a thread about how to do so using the method you described. You can check this out and see whether it works to your liking: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1369568/. I hope it works.


_______________________________________________


Multi-banded Aracari having an all-you-can-eat ripe aguacatilos…



© AGeoJO 2023

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/5.6    1/250s    3200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 05, 2023 at 08:29 PM
ChrisMak
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.155 #4 · p.155 #4 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


AGeoJO wrote:
Chris,
I post my images via the Upload feature on FM. But I remembered that there is a thread about how to do so using the method you described. You can check this out and see whether it works to your liking: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1369568/. I hope it works.

_______________________________________________

Multi-banded Aracari having an all-you-can-eat ripe aguacatilos…


Thanks! I will look into it.



Jul 06, 2023 at 06:09 AM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #5 · p.155 #5 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


Frame filling at MFD…



© AGeoJO 2023

Red fox; barely cropped

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS lens    600mm    f/4.0    1/250s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 08, 2023 at 08:40 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #6 · p.155 #6 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


From Ecuador - just got around to process the files…



© AGeoJO 2023

Wire-crested Thorntail

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/5.6    1/80s    320 ISO    0.0 EV  






Wire-crested Thorntail

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    3200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Jul 16, 2023 at 11:05 AM
Karmal
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #7 · p.155 #7 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


The King of the Masai Mara







Jul 30, 2023 at 05:22 AM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #8 · p.155 #8 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


.



© AGeoJO 2023

Mating bald eagles at Conowingo

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter lens    840mm    f/5.6    1/2000s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 13, 2023 at 05:51 PM
A. Winslow
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #9 · p.155 #9 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


I had my 600 f/4 for sale at B&S and withdrew to keep it. Thinking about it I couldn't
let it go. It's such a great lens. I find it a bit heavy at times to hand hold with my BIF
shooting. Do any of you use a monopod for BIF's. Any thoughts or suggestions to offer
with the situation is really appreciated. Thanks.



Aug 13, 2023 at 07:07 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #10 · p.155 #10 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


A. Winslow wrote:
I had my 600 f/4 for sale at B&S and withdrew to keep it. Thinking about it I couldn't
let it go. It's such a great lens. I find it a bit heavy at times to hand hold with my BIF
shooting. Do any of you use a monopod for BIF's. Any thoughts or suggestions to offer
with the situation is really appreciated. Thanks.


Hi Alan, although I can hold the setup for several seconds but I always prefer using some kind of support. I do use my tripod with gimbal head or a monopod also with a monopod gimbal head. From time to time, if I want to be more mobile, I use my own monopod pouch on a waist belt with harness. To a certain degree, it is similar to what flag bearers use to carry the flag during a parade. I can elaborate more later on but I will have to go off-line soon now…



Aug 13, 2023 at 07:57 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

A. Winslow
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #11 · p.155 #11 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


Thanks for your help. That sounds like a excellent setup and idea and would be really interested to hear about your monopod pouch. It definitely would help support the weight. I do have a tripod with a gimbal head and been researching a monopod to try.




Aug 13, 2023 at 10:03 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #12 · p.155 #12 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


A. Winslow wrote:
Thanks for your help. That sounds like a excellent setup and idea and would be really interested to hear about your monopod pouch. It definitely would help support the weight. I do have a tripod with a gimbal head and been researching a monopod to try.



Hi Alan, sorry for the delay but here is my camera support setup that I have been using quite a bit. I used the gear on my tripod quite a bit, too and less so on just regular monopod.

Depending on the shooting conditions, I put a "chicken-feet" monopod base and in that case, I use a lens pouch to fit that setup. If I use just the monopod end, then I use the pouch. Either or, it will be carried at the belt part of my belt/harness system, which is in my case a ThinkTank Steroid belt system. I used to do that with just a less sturdy belt system but I think the harness helps distribute the weight better over my shoulder and back rather than just on my hip in the case of just a belt.

The height of the monopod can be adjusted depending on your shooting level of course but I attached the strap of my monopod to a carabiner on the left shoulder harness. It is sturdy and it feels safe but I always put the regular lens strap on over my neck, just as a safeguard. I am not the youngest anymore but I can use this setup in the field for a few hours. And you are mobile, almost as mobile as handholding your lens/camera but without feeling the weight that much since it is distributed over a large area of strong muscles of your shoulders, back and hip. The good thing about using the "chicken-feet" under the monopod, you can put the setup on the ground and step on one of the feet to keep it semi stable, if you get tired.

BTW, you may want to check out the army surplus store near you to see whether they have something like that. Again, mostly for flag bearers during a parade.

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask any questions you may have,
Joshua







Aug 14, 2023 at 04:17 PM
A. Winslow
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #13 · p.155 #13 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


Joshua, thank you for taking the time to post and explain your system and method
for supporting the lens! It looks like a great solution and will look into putting together
a similar setup. I'm looking forward to using it. Here in SW Florida there isn't
much activity with the birds lately so will get it together meanwhile.
Where do you clip the pouch in? Where the the strap clips together?
Thank you again for your help!



Aug 14, 2023 at 07:44 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #14 · p.155 #14 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


A. Winslow wrote:
Joshua, thank you for taking the time to post and explain your system and method
for supporting the lens! It looks like a great solution and will look into putting together
a similar setup. I'm looking forward to using it. Here in SW Florida there isn't
much activity with the birds lately so will get it together meanwhile.
Where do you clip the pouch in? Where the the strap clips together?
Thank you again for your help!


Hi Alan,
Both the lens case and pouch have a loop on the back side. I attach either one through the buckle of the waist belt (with harness). Check out the image below.

Joshua



© AGeoJO 2023

Lens case on the left to accommodate the monopod with chicken feet replacement and pouch on the right for just the monopod foot




Aug 15, 2023 at 10:15 AM
A. Winslow
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #15 · p.155 #15 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


Excellent. Thank you for explaining and looks to be what I need! Will work getting a similar system together. Ordered the monopod and foot stand today and researching a harness.


Aug 15, 2023 at 01:00 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #16 · p.155 #16 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


A. Winslow wrote:
Excellent. Thank you for explaining and looks to be what I need! Will work getting a similar system together. Ordered the monopod and foot stand today and researching a harness.


Don’t forget to also get a monopod gimbal head, Alan. Mine is a Wimberley but you can get a similar one from Leofoto, as well. I used a regular monopod head before. It worked okay but you have to tighten it each time you change position. With the gimbal head you can move around easier and the gear is ready to be used pretty much all the time.



________________________________________________________



Just processed today… FYI, those bright-colored spots are rain drops.



© AGeoJO 2023

Pretty long-tailed sylph from Ecuador…

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS lens    600mm    f/4.0    1/4000s    2500 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 15, 2023 at 06:29 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #17 · p.155 #17 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


One of the smallest birds around - when it was flying around, I thought it was a largish bee…



© AGeoJO 2023

Rufous-crowned Tody-flycatcher

  ILCE-1    FE 600mm F4 GM OSS lens    600mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    2500 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 21, 2023 at 10:51 AM
speedmaster20d
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #18 · p.155 #18 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


giant moon at 1200mm




  ILCE-1    Sony FE 600 mm F4 GM OSS (SEL600F40GM) + 2X Teleconverter (SEL20TC) lens    1200mm    f/8.0    1/1000s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 30, 2023 at 11:43 PM
cambyses
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #19 · p.155 #19 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread







  ILCE-1    Sony FE 600mm F4 GM OSS (SEL600F40GM) lens    600mm    f/4.0    1/2500s    3200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 31, 2023 at 01:42 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.155 #20 · p.155 #20 · Sony FE 600mm f/4 GM Image Thread


bump!


Oct 15, 2023 at 03:57 PM
1       2       3              154              156              160       161       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              154              156              160       161       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.