New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2019 · samyang lens station help

rwwright
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · samyang lens station help

bought a used samyang station to update my 24mf2.8. as instructed I downloaded the lens manager software and installed. so far in various combinations of what to hook up first and on 3 different computers with slightly different versions of windows 10. the software will not run.
anyone got any idea what this is. an email to samyang got the simple response to reinstall software. any other queries were not answered.

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:46 AM
liftedspirit
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · samyang lens station help

if you're getting that message on three different computers with the same software installed, I'd try re-downloading and installing the software. It could also be a driver, so try removing the particular driver for that, although I doubt that's the case based on the error. But in case it is, delete the device driver and then re-plug in and re-discover.

If those don't work, try downloading from a different computer.

If that still doesn't work - there may be something with their current version offered for download. (although I doubt it - they'd likely know they put out a faulty version by now) So potentially just wait for the next version.

Mar 13, 2019 at 08:59 PM
rwwright
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · samyang lens station help

the best I could find online is that it is referring to a executable c or c+ module that is several years old and shows to be on all the computers.
not sure that is what it really says though. the uninstall software gets the same error. will try deleting and reinstalling the driver.

thanks for the input

Mar 13, 2019 at 10:41 PM
nomenclature
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · samyang lens station help

I had the same problem. Here's how I solved it. Search your computer for a copy of the urlmon.dll, copy it and place the copy in the folder shown in path of the error message you posted above; i.e. C:users rwright AppData Local Temp SamyangOptics LensManager

Mar 14, 2019 at 07:45 AM
rwwright
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · samyang lens station help

I found about 10 copies of the file on my computer. I copied the one from system32 and everything worked just fine.

thank you so much. my 24f2.8 is now at firmware 3.0

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:15 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.