Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2019 · Canadian Rockies

Gregg B.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canadian Rockies

Congratulations to Gregg B. for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 14 votes - View Previous Winners

So last week I was visiting Canada, driving highways 1 and 1a between Banff and Jasper national parks. Well, actually I was more around Banff only because access to Jasper was limited and the highway 93 was completely covered by the high snow, and northern part of the road was closed. During my staying the snow fall there was tremendous! It was heavily snowing day and night for a couple of days, non-stop! Even in the rented 4x4 SUV, with snow tires I had a hard time driving around. The car just didn't have enough clearance for such high snow! Also, the sky was completely clogged by the white never-ending cloud. I wanted to visit few spots near Jasper NP but that didn't happen. Maybe next winter. But, I did manage to take a few good shots close by Banff on just three days of good weather I had.
Here they are...

Edited on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:28 AM · View previous versions

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:07 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canadian Rockies

Gregg,
These are fantastic. I saw a few on IG but that didn't do it justice. Amazing work.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:10 AM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canadian Rockies

Beautifully captured. Well done
Harsha

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:17 AM
stanparker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canadian Rockies

You did great, beautiful photos for your efforts.

Jan 14, 2019 at 04:54 AM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canadian Rockies

set of images of Canadian Rocky is beautifully decorated. Wonderful and gorgeous in a word.

Jan 14, 2019 at 05:01 AM
silverfox9142

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canadian Rockies

Wow!

Jan 14, 2019 at 06:32 AM
GoldMark
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canadian Rockies

The last picture is really amazing.

Best regards

Bernhard

https://deramateurphotograph.de/

Jan 14, 2019 at 06:45 AM
erielake
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canadian Rockies

i really like that last one.....great shot

Jan 14, 2019 at 06:57 AM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canadian Rockies

Wow. Just wow. I don't know how you could have had better conditions. Bet it was pretty dang cold. I like them all. Can't pick one.

Jan 14, 2019 at 07:55 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canadian Rockies

This is where I want to be!
Canadian Rockies in the snow!
Beautiful, Greg!!

Kee

Jan 14, 2019 at 07:57 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canadian Rockies

Beautiful set of images Gregg. Makes me want to get in my car and head to the mountains! I really like the effect in the last image.

Jan 14, 2019 at 08:01 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canadian Rockies

Great images Gregg! Love #2!

Corey

Jan 14, 2019 at 08:40 AM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canadian Rockies

Great set, Greg! Each and every one of these is pleasure to view. What a trip!
Keith W.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:01 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canadian Rockies

You were rewarded with some very fine shots. The last one indicates how treacherous weather conditions must have been.

Jan 14, 2019 at 01:57 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canadian Rockies

dalite wrote:
You were rewarded with some very fine shots. The last one indicates how treacherous weather conditions must have been.

Yes. The weather was little disappointing but I still wanted to shoot something
I just drove aimlessly around the town, looking for possibilities, and on the trip from Banff to Minnewanka lake (just across the town) I saw this patch of trees with snow attached to them by the wind and heaving bombardment of snow form the side
I loved the look of the trees. I can't afford a crazy expensive telephoto lens from Nikon like the new 180-400mm f/4.0 so I got this new Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 and used it on this shot. It's a very, very sharp glass that costs a quarter of the price of the Nikon lens. I took 4 or 5 shots and stitched them into this pano (so this is a huge image of around 17000 pexel on a long edge).
I have no affiliation with Sigma company but if you want a good telephoto (not for hikes, of course), this is the second best glass you can get now.

Jan 14, 2019 at 03:00 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canadian Rockies

Excellent set! Your landscape work never disappoints.

Jan 14, 2019 at 03:37 PM
01Ryan10
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canadian Rockies

Awesome work Gregg. Did you happen to see Thomas Heaton, Nick Page, Gavin Hardcastle and others up there as well?

Jan 14, 2019 at 04:36 PM
rwolson
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canadian Rockies

Great series! The last photo's spectacular

Jan 14, 2019 at 05:10 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canadian Rockies

01Ryan10 wrote:
Awesome work Gregg. Did you happen to see Thomas Heaton, Nick Page, Gavin Hardcastle and others up there as well?

Maybe I did. I just don't know these guys so I have no idea how they look like, so I didn't recognize anyone. I did ran into Ian Plant (for those that know the guy). He was recording some video there.
Anyway, I absolutely love Canadian Rockies. I am every year (sometimes twice a year) guest there. Three are so many now dudes from New Zealand and Australia. I guess they love Rockies too. Lots of them pro photographers working part time in some bar or hotel. That was a bit shocker to me since (specially) Australia is quite the opposite weather-wise. But I met few nice Australians that know the Rockies inside-out! No, I didn't run into Crocodile Dundee.

Jan 14, 2019 at 07:27 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canadian Rockies

rwolson wrote:
Great series! The last photo's spectacular

You know funny you said that. I see here on this forum lots of you like this shot. I too love it, of course but other places people crave colors, this shot lacks. I kind of see pro photographers look at a completely different aspects of photography.
I'd love if someone order this shot. A huge print would look awesome. In a black frame......

Jan 14, 2019 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.