Here are a few more. Still learning the camera and off camera flash. One thing I've noticed is how fast the AF is compared to my A7... especially in low light.
These are pics of my babysitter's daughter who is now a senior and didn't have any senior pics. I told them that I'd do my best, but I'm by no means a real photography. Just a guy with a new hobby. My PP is pretty attrocious as I don't quite have an eye for proper adjustments yet.
Just noticed the bridge looks very similar to the one in Don'tShoots shots on the previous page.
C&C always welcome and appreciated (even if harsh).
Was testing out my TC-16A and 300/2.8 AIS today in awful photography conditions. Not the greatest subject matter, but here are some pretty high ISO shots if anyone was curious
OK, here are some better eagle pictures with my D750 & TC-16A & 300/2.8 AIS combo. I apologize in advance for the number of pictures, but I had so many good ones it was hard culling into my favorites. These were my favorites of my favorites, of my favorites. Shot this morning in Homer, AK.
Drove 2 hours there and was getting kind of depressed because I couldn't find any eagles. Then I decided to head home. While driving the Homer Spit I looked over and saw an eagle on the beach. I had to crawl down these huge boulders and almost slipped several times. Finally on the beach, I was just hoping the eagle would not fly off as I approached. Nearer and nearer, I would stop and snap some pictures. Then I creeped closer and closer. The eagle was feeding on what I think is an octopus that washed ashore. I'm not a birder, but this was exhilerating. I just wanted a few good pictures. I've never done any wildlife photography and am pretty new to photography in general. I'm sure seasoned photographers know the feeling I'm talking about. It was like I had buckshot fever, hands were shaking and I had to calm my nerves to get some steady shots. Not sure why, but the adrenaline was coursing my veins. I'm sure these pics don't compare to real photographer's shots, but they were the best I had ever gotten. What a thrill folks! Knowing that my lens is archaic to some, I was thrilled with the results.
alaskandood wrote:
If this is too many shots, just let me know and I'll delete some of them. C&C always welcome and appreciated, advice gladly accepted!
My advice is not take so many shots that are extremely in focus and awesome so people like me don't want to upgrade! Sheesh!
alaskandood wrote:
Was testing out my TC-16A and 300/2.8 AIS today in awful photography conditions. Not the greatest subject matter, but here are some pretty high ISO shots if anyone was curious
I like and hate this picture at the same time. Can't seem to get it quite right. The first two were HDR, and this one isn't... but looks like it is. JWB_4963.jpg by justinwbroyles, on Flickr
I feel out of my element seeing some of the awesome photos everyone else has posted, but I got my Yongnuo flash today, so here's one that I took a few minutes after getting it. I am totally new to flash photography and still pretty new to photography in general.