New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2014 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

DigMeTX
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

If you signed up with the law firm for this suit you might want to check the email that you used today.

Jul 31, 2014 at 03:09 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Why?

Jul 31, 2014 at 03:15 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Why create a thread with such little information and a provocative piece of info.

Hey guys I have the best story ever, you'll never believe it!! But I'm not telling, bye!

Reminds me of those desperate Facebook statuses fishing for people to ask questions haha.

Jul 31, 2014 at 03:36 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

I'd imagine you are getting a refund

Jul 31, 2014 at 03:42 PM
wiseguy010
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

The law firm took all the money and they are now having a holiday on the Bahamas.

Jul 31, 2014 at 04:05 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Class action law suits usually end with the lawyers getting a ton of money, and the "victims" getting basically nothing each. The company loses money, the lawyers get rich, and the people who are being represented get nothing. That's how they all work. Quite silly, actually. Anyone thinking they were "sticking it" to Nikon or going to get rich by joining that suit had no clue how these usually go down. All it likely accomplished was the further delay of the D400 due to reduced R&D funds

Jul 31, 2014 at 04:09 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Let me guess.. Nikon is countersuing everyone who sued them and now you have a court summons?

Jul 31, 2014 at 04:57 PM
xaradaisy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Can you provide more info or shed some light into it instead of leaving folks hanging?

Jul 31, 2014 at 05:16 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Nondisclosure is required and I'm not risking it. There's no reason to. I'm not fishing for questions because I have no answers. The purpose of the thread was to inform people who have a monetary interest but might miss the email. If you weren't involved then does it matter? If you were involved then you can go and check your email. Regards.

Jul 31, 2014 at 05:58 PM
brewercm
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

I believe they all got a $10.00 off coupon for a D610. That's usually how a class action suit ends up. I guess me and my D600 are out of luck and I'll just enjoy what I still think is a great camera.

Jul 31, 2014 at 07:54 PM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

brewercm wrote:
I believe they all got a $10.00 off coupon for a D610. That's usually how a class action suit ends up. I guess me and my D600 are out of luck and I'll just enjoy what I still think is a great camera.

Loving mine also even though I do have three oil/dust spots when shooting fog or blue skies at high aperture #. Will clean it and send in for a shutter replacement after a few thousand more actuations.
I once got $20 from a class action suit where I lost $5000 on a stock deal. It seems to me that Nikon has answered the complaint with the recall. So I doubt there would be much of a settlement if any.

Jul 31, 2014 at 08:17 PM
brewercm
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Didn't notice that was you DigMeTx. Now you have me curious.

Jul 31, 2014 at 08:38 PM
giopaolo

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

agree with MitchSC. considering there was already an advisory(recall) made by Nikon, it would appear that the lawsuit could be rendered moot.

non-disclosure on what? it's a global concern, the result is bound to get public..

Jul 31, 2014 at 08:41 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

If not for the lawsuit and all the momentum created on the forums/social media there wouldn't have been any advisories or recalls. You gotta give them that

Jul 31, 2014 at 08:45 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

CanadaMark wrote:
Class action law suits usually end with the lawyers getting a ton of money, and the "victims" getting basically nothing each.

I usually don't comment on topical lightning rods, but in this case that's exactly what happened to me. I said "sure, why not?" and sent off my form to join the class. A year and a half later I got a check for 43.

It kept me chuckling the rest of the day, I suppose that was so I wouldn't get the "frownies" thinking about what I'd been a party to, and likely enabled.

Gah.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:57 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Lawyers love class action suits, and why wouldn't they? They walk away with boatloads of $$ while individual class members get zilch. Look at all the $$ spent on TV ads where they're practically screaming "Contact us if you've ever taken or been injured by .....". Tort cases are adjudicated by lawyers using laws that were written by other lawyers, in front of judges who were (or are) lawyers. How awesome is that?

Aug 01, 2014 at 12:42 AM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

The system is imperfect, at best,but I received a substanialsettlement in a class action law suit against a major drug maker. Sure the attorneys got as much as I did but I wouldn't have gotten 1 cent on my own. There was conclusive evidence that the company was well aware of potential side effects and hid this information. Most corporations are going to do whateverthey can get away with if mean it generates higher profits. The attorneys are the same way.Therefore, I believe that increased regulation of both corporations and attorneys is very much needed in order to protect the average citizen. People should come before profits. I shoot Nikon. I even worked for the US distributor of Nikon in the 1970s, but I think they deserve to take a corporate enema for the way they treated folks before they were forced to make good.

Edited on Aug 01, 2014 at 02:25 PM · View previous versions

Aug 01, 2014 at 12:08 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

I'd rather have lawyers make money defending us than Nikon stealing our money and saying nothing is wrong.

Aug 01, 2014 at 12:57 PM
MitchSC
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

I agree that lawsuits are a necessary evil. Nikon was replacing shutters before the law suit but not publicized. I do believe it was due to the law suit that the recall was implemented. Even though I'm not a big fan of lawyers or law suits, I have to give them credit for this one.
Got to go, my steaming hot coffee is ready at the drive-thru..

Aug 01, 2014 at 01:28 PM
MazeRunner
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · D600 Class Action Law Suit

Gahh, maybe I should've kept my D600 and joined the lawsuit.

But if anyone wants to PM me on what the settlement was, I'll delete your PM right after.

Aug 01, 2014 at 01:50 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.