Provides support for SEL70200G
- Improves auto focus speed
- Adds functions including the "Focus hold button"
Reduces start-up time
- The start-up time has been reduced in cases when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off.
Improves image quality
Provides support for additional ”Play Memories Camera Apps” and additional features for previously supported apps.
-Provides support for "Liveview Grading" and "Smooth Reflection" applications.
-Provides support for the smooth automatic exposure feature in the "Time-lapse" application ver. 2.00 and later.
p.1 #3 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
Start up time is VERY slow,so need for shortening obvious.Improved IQ?Why not,but what does it mean exactly?What I really like them to do is to allow other than C2 buttons to magnify recored pictures.I hate it's placement.So inconvenient.
p.1 #4 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
There's a long list we all want to see for the firmware update . . . vibration issue, light leak, better auto ISO options, better bracketing options, etc.
We'll see if this is actually true and if so, we don't have long to find out.
p.1 #5 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
This is an official announcement from Sony. They list the enhancements for the A7 and A7r separately, and the list is identical for both. For me this implies the image quality improvement probably doesn't mean a shutter delay function on the A7r, since the A7 doesn't need it. I'm guessing it's for the JPEG engine. But maybe by chance it's an option for uncompressed raw.
p.1 #8 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
I kind of doubt we will see uncompressed raw with the firmware update but given the growing awareness, who knows.
Now, you can even see the areas affected by compression via RawDigger. You can open the Sony raw and still use this feature without buying the software btw.
p.1 #10 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
Tariq Gibran wrote:
Now, you can even see the areas affected by compression via RawDigger. You can open the Sony raw and still use this feature without buying the software btw.
p.1 #14 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
+4 for lossless raw. I would think they wouldn't do that, but maybe.
Sony doesn't have a good history of listening to customers, but then again, they are fixing the start up time and did admit the the light leak issue before getting sued (take note Nikon). So hopefully--I guess could have an improved jpg engine (also complaints) or turning off NR entirely (Sony does this on many models) when we select "NR off"
p.1 #15 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
Interesting I'm certainly looking forward to improved start up times. For the improved image quality I wonder if they're talking about JPG, RAW or Video? It seems like there are a few things they could tweak with there JPGs or Video to improve things, but like the rest of you I'd would like improved RAWs. I guess they could potentially be tweaking things a little with regards to Noise, or reduce the degree of compression they use in there "lossless" RAWs, or as alot of people wish offer a true 14bit lossless raw.
p.1 #18 · Sony A7 and A7R: New Firmware update on March 19th
"How hard can it be". In my day job (software development) that phrase is notorious
Not saying it won't happen, it's what I'd like to see too. I think what we actually want here is lossless compression, as opposed to the alternative of no compression at all.