fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       369              371       end
  

Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread

  
 
Sharif Abdou
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #1 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


Highest subway station in the system, Smith-9th Street.

RX1r.3

[EDIT: It's actually the highest, not second highest.]





RX1r.3 :: ISO 100 : F4.0 : 1/3200 sec




Apr 18, 2026 at 06:49 AM
Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #2 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread



Sony DSC-RX1R 35mm F2.0 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Apr 18, 2026 at 08:29 AM
Donzo98
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.370 #3 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread









Apr 18, 2026 at 04:00 PM
Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #4 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread



Sony DSC-RX1R 35mm F2.0 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Apr 19, 2026 at 12:22 PM
Ronny Olsson
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #5 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread



Sony DSC-RX1R 35mm F2.0 by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr



Apr 19, 2026 at 12:31 PM
corposant
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.370 #6 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


Why, oh why, did I start looking at this thread. OG RX1 owner...


May 08, 2026 at 09:27 PM
Michel85
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #7 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


The RX1 images continue to amaze my, almost without exception the images here look very pleasing. I like them a lot.
I wonder if it is the camera/lens combination that is simply that good and has a bit of a "special look", or is it that only skillful serious photographers buy and use this speciality camera and in same hand with different camera/lens combo would give equally pleasing image.





May 12, 2026 at 12:31 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #8 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


The lens is special. (I think everyone in here also has other cameras, and make great shots with them too)


May 12, 2026 at 01:54 PM
aliahmadiphoto
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #9 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


A Walk in the Park by Ali Ahmadi, on Flickr


May 25, 2026 at 09:25 AM
aliahmadiphoto
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #10 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread










Champions Brooklyn Open by Ali Ahmadi, on Flickr



Jun 02, 2026 at 10:15 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Mike Elfner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #11 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


first outing with my new RX1Riii, what a wonderful litte gem with an outstanding lens ...


Sony DSC-RX1R 35mm F2.0 by Mike Elfner


Edited on Jun 05, 2026 at 08:26 AM · View previous versions



Jun 03, 2026 at 03:57 AM
Mike Elfner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #12 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread



Sony DSC-RX1R 35mm F2.0 by Mike Elfner



Jun 04, 2026 at 03:11 AM
Sharif Abdou
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #13 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


Took a friend out for a beer on his birthday. No, he's not a mafioso. Stop axin'.



© Sharif Abdou 2025





© Sharif Abdou 2025





© Sharif Abdou 2025




Jun 05, 2026 at 09:06 PM
Sharif Abdou
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #14 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


And a couple from a recent concert at Carnegie Hall.

These pictures and the ones above were with the RX1r.3. I think all were wide open.



© Sharif Abdou 2025





© Sharif Abdou 2025




Jun 05, 2026 at 09:08 PM
Mike Elfner
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #15 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread



Sony DSC-RX1R3 35mm F2.0 by Mike Elfner



Sony DSC-RX1R3 35mm F2.0 by Mike Elfner



Sony DSC-RX1R3 35mm F2.0 by Mike Elfner



Sony DSC-RX1R3 35mm F2.0 by Mike Elfner



Jul 22, 2026 at 05:03 AM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.370 #16 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


For fellow RX1iii owner: I tried all setting options on the camera and couldnt enable focus wide open and shoot stop down. Whenever I changed aperture on lens, iris stop down/up right away.

This is annoy for a few reasons, 1, you can't do hyer-focus to max depth of field in manual mode. Usually, I select Manu mode, back button focus and recompose for anything non human to maximize DOF or subject I want to be in the best focus (I don't want camera to decide in focus zone or transition) 2. For stop down AF tracking, less light enter to AF system, the focus will be slow and inaccurate. Early Z7/Z6 have this annoying limitation (focus aperture the same as shooting aperture before f5.6) but I believe they fixed in later mode with feature you can select.

I have used and bought RX1R3 almost 1 year and usually find this kind of stuff within week but due to limited time, I no longer shooting much and didnt digger deeper on this until I plan to take it as my only camera for upcoming business trip.

Any help, confirmation will welcome. I hope I missed something here though I have done some extensive research on this. Looks like either Sony didnt sell much this camera or most people doesn't care this feature.



Jul 22, 2026 at 10:01 AM
Jaree
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #17 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


Glacier National Park more than a decade ago. Views from the Highline Trail.

RX1R.






















Jul 22, 2026 at 10:24 AM
aliahmadiphoto
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #18 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


RX1R III

Pier I by Ali Ahmadi, on Flickr



Sep 02, 2026 at 09:18 PM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.370 #19 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread


zhangyue wrote:
For fellow RX1iii owner: I tried all setting options on the camera and couldnt enable focus wide open and shoot stop down. Whenever I changed aperture on lens, iris stop down/up right away.

This is annoy for a few reasons, 1, you can't do hyer-focus to max depth of field in manual mode. Usually, I select Manu mode, back button focus and recompose for anything non human to maximize DOF or subject I want to be in the best focus (I don't want camera to decide in focus zone or transition) 2. For stop down AF tracking, less light enter to
...Show more →

To answer my own question here. The only way to get RX1RIII to focus wide open is in AFC mode, it default to focus wide open. in both AFS or Manual focus (using back button to engage AF), it will using shooting aperture before f5.6, after f5.6, it will use f5.6 to focus and stop down shooting. Interesting enough, the first generation Nikon Z did the exact same thing here using f5.6. (I believe for both AFC and AFS)

Anyway, here are some images I take with RX1RIII during business trip last month to ChongQing in China. Majority images are taken during night given that is the only time I can get out and take some images. All hand hold, ISO range from 100 to 5000. IQ is good enough for my purposes. This is maybe 4th or 5th time I own and use RX1 series. I have used it for 3 trips since bought it after its introduction. It pretty much fix all relevant flaws I had with RX1 (AF and Battery life), it is a tool doing its duty well. But somehow, I never get the same love feeling as before for both output and UI. I think this is a lazy attempt from Sony and given what have they done here, (no complain about lens, mainly design and UI) It deserves its underwhelming market response.

I also have FUJI GFX100RF, I have to say Fuji did a much better job overall on pretty much everything but not the size and slightly slower equivalent lens speed. EVF is bigger and brighter, LCD feels higher quality. Control is fun to operate. Shooting experience is in another level. (but I hate FUJI shutter on this body, sloppy design)

For next generation, I am sure FUJI can fit IBIS by looking how much space between Lens element and sensor but RX1 most likely can't unless change the lens design or adding Z diemnntion. For Sony, they should pay more attention to their design if they want to be successful in this fixed lens camera business.

No matter what, it is a niche camera. For its niche target user case, it has no competition. This justifies purchasing for me.

RX1_CQ by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ32 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ29 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ28 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ27 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ23 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ19 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ14 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ13 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ5 by ZHNL, on Flickr

RX1_CQ4 by ZHNL, on Flickr




Sep 05, 2026 at 06:11 PM
dalegaspi
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.370 #20 · Sony RX1, RX1R, RX1R II and RX1R III Image Thread




zhangyue wrote:
To answer my own question here. The only way to get RX1RIII to focus wide open is in AFC mode, it default to focus wide open. in both AFS or Manual focus (using back button to engage AF), it will using shooting aperture before f5.6, after f5.6, it will use f5.6 to focus and stop down shooting. Interesting enough, the first generation Nikon Z did the exact same thing here using f5.6. (I believe for both AFC and AFS)

Anyway, here are some images I take with RX1RIII during business trip last month to ChongQing in China. Majority images are
...Show more →

doesn't the RX1 have the "Aperture Drive in AF" in its menu?



Sep 05, 2026 at 07:00 PM
1       2       3       …       369              371       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       369              371       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account