Contax N Digital Pictures Thread
/forum/topic/984891/1

3       end

Anden
Total Posts: 6605

carstenw wrote:
Anden wrote:
Maybe I was beeing hard on your photos but I am doing it because I think you have potential. Go closer and face your victims. If you have 15 minutes a day to shoot, concentrate on getting one good shot each day.

Sounds a little like "I am only beating you because I love you"

FWIW, I agree, Paul. I like your shots very much in general, but I think that with people, and possibly location, you would benefit from pushing yourself harder in some chosen direction. You appear to working within a comfort zone.

One can see it that way but still, kind words will not improve your work. It is always nice to get approval but to get further one must get negative comments as well. Given that Paul lives in one of the greatest cities in the world, knows how to use a camera and has gear that most dream of the possibilities are there for sure.

I always appreciate honesty and suggestions on improvements and I hope you do to Paul.

All the best

Andreas

Paul Yi
Total Posts: 5324

That is called 'tough love' .....

I don't think anyone feels happy when faced with criticism...
But, I do appreciate your intention....

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 9302

Beautiful colors!

DocsPics
Total Posts: 2823

Get a T shirt printed which says "I Photograph the Most Beautiful People in the World"

(Probably you will then have the opposite problem of people jumping in front of your camera )

Doc

Paul Yi

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 9302

Nice!!!!!

leemik
Total Posts: 58

I like your shots.. don't change them.. They are your own style.. Don't let anyone else try to impose their style on you.

Paul Yi

leemik wrote:
I like your shots.. don't change them.. They are your own style.. Don't let anyone else try to impose their style on you.

Thanks....
I'm too old to change anything...

AhamB
Total Posts: 5253

Look good, Paul. Question: didn't you have all your Contax N lenses converted by Conurus? How are you using them on your N digital then, or did you buy second copies of them? :o

Paul Yi

I've converted them, and sold them, and bought again....
Two of them are in Canada right now... 17-35 and 85.

I bought few more lenses for Contax N Digital as well....

3       end