Contax N Digital Pictures Thread
/forum/topic/984891/1

3       end

Paul Yi
Total Posts: 5300

Thank you all for the kind input....

I admit that I'm working with a comfort zone during street snap....

I had a bad experience, where a person came up to me and almost took my camera and through it on the ground....
Ever since that experience, I do not press the shutter if anyone shows a sign of discomfort being in my camera frame....

But, I guess I have to outgrow this stage

carstenw
Total Posts: 15962

Well, I don't think Anden or I are saying to just snap away without feeling for how people might react. You can still make eye contact or make the photo slowly to give people time to react first. If someone gets upset, always offer to show them and delete the shot, but if you have done part 1 right, you won't need to.

crazeazn
Total Posts: 1730

do what i do and pretend not to speak english and just smile like a tourist

Anden
Total Posts: 6514

carstenw wrote:
Anden wrote:
Maybe I was beeing hard on your photos but I am doing it because I think you have potential. Go closer and face your victims. If you have 15 minutes a day to shoot, concentrate on getting one good shot each day.

Sounds a little like "I am only beating you because I love you"

FWIW, I agree, Paul. I like your shots very much in general, but I think that with people, and possibly location, you would benefit from pushing yourself harder in some chosen direction. You appear to working within a comfort zone.

One can see it that way but still, kind words will not improve your work. It is always nice to get approval but to get further one must get negative comments as well. Given that Paul lives in one of the greatest cities in the world, knows how to use a camera and has gear that most dream of the possibilities are there for sure.

I always appreciate honesty and suggestions on improvements and I hope you do to Paul.

All the best

Andreas

Paul Yi

That is called 'tough love' .....

I don't think anyone feels happy when faced with criticism...
But, I do appreciate your intention....

grasmuc
Total Posts: 104

The Contax N Digital is a very nice cam. Of course the sensor is outdated regarding resolution and high ISO performance by todays measures. But at ISO 25-100 and using raw you can do fine pics. AF is working well, the N lens line is great and size, weight, ergonomics are outstanding. With the N50 or N24-85 the cam just fells right in the hand. I did not use it much, so I only can contribute one reasonable shot by N24-85 at 85 and open aperture.
BTW, the cam has one nice feature: It lack's AF micro-adjustment, but it offers focus bracketing which is quite useful.
Battery lifetime (considered to be painful short) is quite ok using four Sanyo or Apple AA eneloop cells.

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 7668

Beautiful colors!

Paul Yi

Few from N100 ....

Paul Yi

Few from this morning....

DocsPics
Total Posts: 2547

Get a T shirt printed which says "I Photograph the Most Beautiful People in the World"

(Probably you will then have the opposite problem of people jumping in front of your camera )

Doc

Paul Yi

grasmuc
Total Posts: 104

This weekend was wonderful weather in munich and bavaria, so i tested a bit the N 70-200 on my ND. Very nice, lightweight combi (ND + N50 + N24-85 + N70-200 fits into a rather small camerabag). Precise AF. I calibrated the colors with a colorchecker testshot and profile, very useful.
First I wanted to convert the lens to EOS, but I think I keep it in N mount:-)

edwardkaraa
Total Posts: 7668

Nice!!!!!

Paul Yi

From today with N24-85 ...

Paul Yi

With N100/2.8 ....

leemik
Total Posts: 51

I like your shots.. don't change them.. They are your own style.. Don't let anyone else try to impose their style on you.

Paul Yi

leemik wrote:
I like your shots.. don't change them.. They are your own style.. Don't let anyone else try to impose their style on you.

Thanks....
I'm too old to change anything...

Paul Yi

Few from yesterday ...

Paul Yi

I didn't forget CBL this time....

With N 17-35 ...

Paul Yi

Few more ...