What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/97

1       2       3              97      
       99              187       188       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 10297

naturephoto1 wrote:
Thanks. When I spoke to the Canon Reps at PhotoPlus they indicated that the neither the 5D MKIII nor the 6D had interchangeable screens. Maybe they are incorrect, but they indicated that I would need their Canon EOS-1D X to get a camera with interchange the screens. Maybe the 5D MKIII aand the 6D need to be shipped to Canon to change the screens. But, that does not give me much confidence if I would need to shim the screens for a non replaceable screen or the Canon Reps didn't know what they are talking about. But...

Rich

ah, yes. i had forgotten the latest canons have gotten rid of the user replaceable screens. the 5D and 5DII on the other hand do have user replaceable screens.

it really is to bad that nobody makes a reasonable sized FF camera other than leica.

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1580

sebboh wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:
Thanks. When I spoke to the Canon Reps at PhotoPlus they indicated that the neither the 5D MKIII nor the 6D had interchangeable screens. Maybe they are incorrect, but they indicated that I would need their Canon EOS-1D X to get a camera with interchange the screens. Maybe the 5D MKIII aand the 6D need to be shipped to Canon to change the screens. But, that does not give me much confidence if I would need to shim the screens for a non replaceable screen or the Canon Reps didn't know what they are talking about. But...

Rich

ah, yes. i had forgotten the latest canons have gotten rid of the user replaceable screens. the 5D and 5DII on the other hand do have user replaceable screens.

it really is to bad that nobody makes a reasonable sized FF camera other than leica.

Yes, it is too bad. I think that that is part of the reason that my Sales Rep has so heavily recommended either of the FujiFilm Cameras at the moment because of their performance and on sensor results. I think that both he and I are thinking that to use one of these cameras at least as a stop point for now and to get a FF body when they become available for a more affordable price than the Leica M with all of the extra parts that I would need. This could become a second body when I purchase a FF body. In the case of the FujiFilm X-E1 the camera is coming in at basically $1,000 for an APS C 16.3 megapixel camera without an aliasing filter. If I find it to be my preference over the FujiFilm X Pro1, I save a substantial amount of money for a current body and the only other parts that I would need for the time being would be the Novoflex Adapter and 2 extra batteries. This is part of what makes this option so inviting. And my initial handling of the camera at PhotoPlus was quite positive. By comparison to everything but the NEX cameras it was small. It also felt good in my hands, and the controls made sense more like a manual focus camera.

Rich

sebboh

naturephoto1 wrote:
Yes, it is too bad. I think that that is part of the reason that my Sales Rep has so heavily recommended either of the FujiFilm Cameras at the moment because of their performance and on sensor results. I think that both he and I are thinking that to use one of these cameras at least as a stop point for now and to get a FF body when they become available for a more affordable price than the Leica M with all of the extra parts that I would need. This could become a second body when I purchase a FF body. In the case of the FujiFilm X-E1 the camera is coming in at basically $1,000 for an APS C 16.3 megapixel camera without an aliasing filter. If I find it to be my preference over the FujiFilm X Pro1, I save a substantial amount of money for a current body and the only other parts that I would need for the time being would be the Novoflex Adapter and 2 extra batteries. This is part of what makes this option so inviting. And my initial handling of the camera at PhotoPlus was quite positive. By comparison to everything but the NEX cameras it was small. It also felt good in my hands, and the controls made sense more like a manual focus camera.

Rich

yeah, i would be very tempted by that fuji if i didn't already have a nex-7. as it is i'll either get an rx1 or wait for somebody to come out with a FF mirrorless.

zhangyue
Total Posts: 2715

sebboh wrote:
zhangyue wrote:
carstenw wrote:
It is not certain that the 35/1.4 will stay, but I will test it against my 35 Lux and decide which I like better.

Very interested in what you will find. Though 35lux is out of my price range, but who knows? Zeiss is just two big for my standard prime lens.

leitax the c/y 35/1.4. i believe it is smaller than either and pretty awesome, though not as good as the new Z* for landscape.

Will it fit Nikon? Leitax website seems no info for 35mm 1.4.

Carstenw, I absolutely love ZF.2, but the problem is the size. I can't find many samples of 35lux. I like your HDR series shots from it, but it is hard to judge performance from those, especially for WO/portrait. it looks like a very rare lens, as price suggested.

US 2nd price is approaching $3500. Crazy!

Edgars Kalnins
Total Posts: 708

I received Contax III with 5cm f1.5 Sonnar yesterday, both made in 1937! Will need to clean the aperture blades from oil and clean the camera a little bit, but quite happy already. Saw a Leica 28mm f2 sold for 1500 today, for a moment it seemed a reasonable amount of money - then I got back down on earth.

sebboh

zhangyue wrote:
sebboh wrote:
zhangyue wrote:
carstenw wrote:
It is not certain that the 35/1.4 will stay, but I will test it against my 35 Lux and decide which I like better.

Very interested in what you will find. Though 35lux is out of my price range, but who knows? Zeiss is just two big for my standard prime lens.

leitax the c/y 35/1.4. i believe it is smaller than either and pretty awesome, though not as good as the new Z* for landscape.

Carstenw, I absolutely love ZF.2, but the problem is the size. I can't find many samples of 35lux. I like your HDR series shots from it, but it is hard to judge performance from those, especially for WO/portrait. it looks like a very rare lens, as price suggested.

kinda you have to leitax it to m42 mount, get a really thin m42 to f-mount adapter, and then retune the lenses infinity focus. if it were me i would try just making the m42 to f-mount adapter into a new mount for the lens.

teraflame
Total Posts: 189

Where does one find decent deals on old lenses? Prices are so inflated on ebay.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15356

On eBay, with more patience Or on more local photo forums.

carstenw

zhangyue wrote:

I don't think the Contax 35/1.4 will fit a Nikon mount, but I haven't tried.

Once I get both, I will shoot with both over a period of time, including of course many shots without HDR.

$3500 does sound a bit crazy. Maybe I will sell mine in the States Here it is more like 1600 (a bit beat up) to 2200 (nearly new, like mine). I bumped the hood once, and so it is slightly out of round. Knowing Leica buyers I probably lost 200 Euro in that moment

lenticular11
Total Posts: 675

A Kiev 4 and Jupiter-8 (50/1.2) for US$45 + postage!

Haven't got it yet, but intending to put it to use as my first practical ranagefinder. I also have a FED1c but haven't yet tried loading it with film!

sebboh

lenticular11 wrote:

Haven't got it yet, but intending to put it to use as my first practical ranagefinder. I also have a FED1c but haven't yet tried loading it with film!

hope you won't be too disappointed to discover that the jupiter-8 is actually only a 50/2.

Kit Laughlin
Total Posts: 3520

Minolta Rokkor 50/1.4 (for the coming X-E1). I will be interested to see how focussing is on this body. I got a decent one from ebay, and I thought the price was OK ($78).

timballic
Total Posts: 768

Canon FD TS 35mm F3.5 on it's way to me, now I need to get that EdMika adapter to use it with!

carstenw

Well, the Zeiss ZF.2 35/1.4 is a keeper. Just waiting for that 85 now...

Edgars Kalnins
Total Posts: 708

lenticular11 wrote:

I have a box full of ussr cameras, have no strengths to go through them. Results I have seen are quite good - no wonder as they were copies of Zeiss and Leica. On the other hand, FED1 sounds interesting, must be really old!

carstenw

Found an interesting site about the FED1:

http://sovietcamera.110mb.com/fed1/

LightShow
Total Posts: 4995

ML 42-75/3.5-4.5 just thought I'd give it a whirl.

Also picked up a Gorillapod micro 800 tripod

http://www.pictureline.com/blog/joby-unveils-three-innovative-new-camera-tripods/

Peire
Total Posts: 1305

SMC Pentax M 100/4 Macro-so tiny and compact short tele.

Minolta MD Rokkor 50/3.5+ext.tube-I can not refuse any mint 50mm lens with close up facility .It is smaller and nicer than my Canon FD SSC 50/3.5 macro - also a great performer.

thrice
Total Posts: 3354

I purchased a camera built around an alt lens of mine, does that count?

The photo was kindly taken by the manufacturer, one mr Dean Jones.

lenticular11
Total Posts: 675

sebboh wrote:
lenticular11 wrote:

Haven't got it yet, but intending to put it to use as my first practical rangefinder. I also have a FED1c but haven't yet tried loading it with film!

hope you won't be too disappointed to discover that the jupiter-8 is actually only a 50/2.

Oops yes Derek, That was a typo actually - I had intended 50/2, thanks!

1       2       3              97      
       99              187       188       end