What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/95

1       2       3              95      
       97              192       193       end

dcjs
Total Posts: 395

sebboh wrote:I haven't made it to the machine shop to make the spacers yet, but I can post pictures of the lens disassembly if you'd like?

Sebboh,

I'd love to get a look at the disassembled lens (so far I've only found pics of the left-over parts but not the optics/aperture group itself) and maybe some measurements needed for transplanting it to the donor body. I've been playing with the idea of "frankensteining" a 45/2 or 28/2.8 (or, ultimately, both) for some time, and getting an idea of the necessary work in advance would be very nice.

Regards,

David

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

dcjs wrote:
sebboh wrote:I haven't made it to the machine shop to make the spacers yet, but I can post pictures of the lens disassembly if you'd like?

Sebboh,

I'd love to get a look at the disassembled lens (so far I've only found pics of the left-over parts but not the optics/aperture group itself) and maybe some measurements needed for transplanting it to the donor body. I've been playing with the idea of "frankensteining" a 45/2 or 28/2.8 (or, ultimately, both) for some time, and getting an idea of the necessary work in advance would be very nice.

Regards,

David

i'll post a how to with pics for disassembling the contax g 28/2.8 and rokkor 55/1.7 showing how the two can be mated. the 45/2 disassembly is pretty much the same.

it'll probably be over the weekend though, i'm rather busy today.

cavewalker
Total Posts: 317

Nokton 1,2/35 II

Nokton by Urmelchen, on Flickr

Nokton by Urmelchen, on Flickr

LightShow
Total Posts: 5078

sebboh wrote:
dcjs wrote:

Sebboh,

Regards,

David

i'll post a how to with pics for disassembling the contax g 28/2.8 and rokkor 55/1.7 showing how the two can be mated. the 45/2 disassembly is pretty much the same.

Anything you care to share will be greatly appreciated.
Are you using a lathe to turn a spacer or some other method?

Edgars Kalnins
Total Posts: 708

Sebboh, I will look forward to it too! Just won a sonnar 90/2.8 on ebay. I used to have it, but sold because I use wider lenses 95% of time.

ZoneV
Total Posts: 921

cavewalker wrote:
Nokton 1,2/35 II...

Nice :-)
But only for NEX and with aspherical elements -> not envy

Makten
Total Posts: 4044

Just got a Nikkor 55/1.2 AI. It seems way sharper wide open than the 50/1.2 and also better than the older 55/1.2 pre-AI. I guess they had to do some compromises when shortening the focal lenght, due to Nikons large flange-to-film distance. So this might be the best of the bunch, except for the Noct-Nikkor 58/1.2 of course.

Rack by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

sebboh

LightShow wrote:
sebboh wrote:
dcjs wrote:

Sebboh,

Regards,

David

Anything you care to share will be greatly appreciated.
Are you using a lathe to turn a spacer or some other method?

yes, a lathe to turn the spacers and probably a mill to precisely place the various screw holes.

i started a separate thread to show how i disassembled the lenses, and for any other guides people might want to add:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1159122/0

carstenw
Total Posts: 15828

Kingfishphoto wrote:
I did have a spanner wrench, so i used two small screwdrivers . I started from the rear removing each retaining ring and glass element. The rings were not real tight. The last final element didnt seem to have a slotted retaining ring- that glass i broke out. I never had to dissamble any part of the front or rear lens mount.
Cheers
Harry Palmer

Hmm, I am finally getting around to this, and mine appears to be different than yours. The rear element had a retaining ring, but after that there are no more visible retaining rings front or rear. I guess I will have to remove the bayonets and see what else I can find.

carstenw

I was wrong. The next element had a spacer ring which was not fastened, and with a bit of jiggling, it just fell out. Then there was another retaining ring, and then another spacer and another element which fell out. Now the only one which is left is the one at the very tip, and it looks like it should unscrew, but I don't have the right tool for this. I am considering ordering it...

The status quo:

Peire
Total Posts: 1344

Old Sigma Apo Macro 180/2.8 1:2 -1,35kg and 82mm filter thread.This beast is all manual (Contax/Y mount).Basing on my current experience with it's smaller sister Sigma Apo Macro 180/5.6,which is a very good lens,I think I should be pleased with it.

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21146

SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro [1:2]

carstenw

carstenw wrote:
I finally managed to find a Zeiss ZF.2 85/1.4 for a reasonable price, and I am impatiently awaiting it now.

It arrived, and is generally in really nice shape, but unfortunately there is a small scuff on the front element (and some sticky residue on the focus ring, which I can easily clean). I wrote a nice email to the seller, but since I got lucky on the price, his attitude is basically that I can send it back if I want. I had to wait a long time to get a decent price on one of these, so I am inclined to keep it, though. Sigh.

dcad10
Total Posts: 305

I haven't bought any new lenses in quite sometime, however I think I am getting the bug again. Of course at this time I have a NEX5 and A850, and am thinking about converting to only one system or the other. Its tough for me, because both systems have the pros and cons. I am leaning towards the NEX - with the eventual aim of purchasing a 5n, 6, or 7.

LightShow
Total Posts: 5078

jcolwell wrote:
SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro [1:2]

Interesting, I have not seen any images from this lens, so I'm looking forward to seeing some.

oldrattler
Total Posts: 5166

I recently acquire a Zeiss 35 - 2 & 50 - 2... Both are amazing lens...

Krosavcheg
Total Posts: 2715

Mamiya RZ67 ProIID + 50mm, 110mm and 180mm lenses.

Peire
Total Posts: 1344

Voigtlander Nokton 58/1.4 SL II-I'm curious how good (or bad ?) it is versus Z series Planars - 50/1.4 and 50/2 Makro,plus the rest of my 45-50-60mm stable.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1532

Sony 16-50 E, attached to a Nex-6, my 7 is sold and payed for the Camera + Lens

sebboh

Phillip Reeve wrote:
Sony 16-50 E, attached to a Nex-6, my 7 is sold and payed for the Camera + Lens

ah, i've been contemplating that myself. i really like the build and tri-nav of the 7 though (well the resolution too). would love to know what you think of the controls and how the sensor handles the cv 15 and g28.

1       2       3              95      
       97              192       193       end