What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/129

1       2       3              129      
130
       131              202       203       end

LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5150
Country: Canada

Looks nice Paul.
I just picked up a like new FD chrome nose 135/3.5
A Nikkor AIs 24/2.8
And a well loved FD SSC 24/1.4 Aspherical, I think I'm going to have fun with this one.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1379
Country: Poland

dcjs wrote:
Peire wrote:Rollei HFT Tele Tessar 135/4.

Please share some images if you can. I've been interested in this lens, but have found few examples (some of them very promising).

I will,as soon as I get back home.



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5854
Country: United States

My Elmarit-R 35 arrived from Igor, who is the man.

Saw this on eBay: Minolta Maxxum APO 200/4 Macro. It's on my list of AF lenses I'd like to own if they weren't silly expensive (along with the 400/4.5 and 600/4). The 200 is far more difficult to come by than the other two, so when it pops up in great condition, they're priced like... well, like this one.



jcolwell
Registered: Feb 10, 2005
Total Posts: 21618
Country: Canada

freaklikeme wrote:
My Elmarit-R 35 arrived from Igor, who is the man.


Igor's Camera Exchange is one of my favourite places to buy stuff. He's a star in my Lens$db database.



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5854
Country: United States

jcolwell wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
My Elmarit-R 35 arrived from Igor, who is the man.


Igor's Camera Exchange is one of my favourite places to buy stuff. He's a star in my Lens$db database.


Oh, yeah. Every time I deal with him, I feel the need to promote him. I feel like he has the same values in lenses that I do, because I fully agree with his ratings and never feel like I've overpaid for a lens. KEH and Adorama can be a little hit and miss, but they're great about returns. B&H... if it's 9 or above, I know what I'm getting. Below that things seem too subjective and inconsistent, though, again, great about returns. Everyone one else I call first.



zhangyue
Registered: Jan 28, 2011
Total Posts: 2948
Country: United States

Rokkor 58mm 1.2 Canon mount



Kingfishphoto
Registered: Nov 26, 2005
Total Posts: 6866
Country: United States

Canon FDn 200 F2.8 IF lens. Using it on OM-D .
Harry Palmer



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1379
Country: Poland

Mint Canon FD SSC 55/1.2 (with mint Canon T90 body which I'm gonna sell)
Canon FDn 35/2,mint C/Y Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 MM.



lenticular11
Registered: Jul 16, 2011
Total Posts: 702
Country: Australia

Distagon 28/2.8 MMmmmm indeed



JimBuchanan
Registered: Jan 11, 2006
Total Posts: 1455
Country: United States

lenticular11 wrote:
Distagon 28/2.8 MMmmmm indeed


I guess I will have to give this lens another chance some day. The problem I have with it is all the talk about stopping it down to f/8 -f/11 for distance shots. And I think I remember curvature of field issues.

In contrast the R28 latest, was at optimum at f/4 - f5.6.



PhotoMaximum
Registered: Sep 10, 2008
Total Posts: 1042
Country: United States

Just arrived today: Tominon 114/4.5 in a Seiko shutter, all housed in a classic "professional" Polaroid 180 Land Camera...

PS: Hello Jim!



Gunzorro
Registered: Aug 28, 2010
Total Posts: 6774
Country: United States

I'm going to give another version of the Nikkor 35mm PC lens a spin. This time a 60s version, non-AI. Maybe have it next week with adapter for the EOS system. My last one was a newer AIS- vintage model (black knob) but I tried using on Nikon D7000 body and was less than pleased by the combo.



rico
Registered: Jul 13, 2003
Total Posts: 3896
Country: United States

JimBuchanan wrote:
lenticular11 wrote:
Distagon 28/2.8 MMmmmm indeed


I guess I will have to give this lens another chance some day. The problem I have with it is all the talk about stopping it down to f/8 -f/11 for distance shots. And I think I remember curvature of field issues.

Don't forget the lateral color. The D28/2.8 has enough faults to give it personality, and few enough to keep it on my Top 5 list. Special strengths: central sharpness, and great ergos (I usually focus by scale).



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1379
Country: Poland

rico wrote:
JimBuchanan wrote:
lenticular11 wrote:
Distagon 28/2.8 MMmmmm indeed


I guess I will have to give this lens another chance some day. The problem I have with it is all the talk about stopping it down to f/8 -f/11 for distance shots. And I think I remember curvature of field issues.

Don't forget the lateral color. The D28/2.8 has enough faults to give it personality, and few enough to keep it on my Top 5 list. Special strengths: central sharpness, and great ergos (I usually focus by scale).


D 28/2.8 MM C/Y is my favourite 28mm on the NEX5N.And yes,it has it's faults to give him personality that I like so much. .BTW - I never stop down to f11 on the cropper save macro shots.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1379
Country: Poland

dcjs wrote:
Peire wrote:Rollei HFT Tele Tessar 135/4.

Please share some images if you can. I've been interested in this lens, but have found few examples (some of them very promising).


There you are dcjs:

Rollei HFT Tele Tessar 135/4 made in Singapore is a solid,full metal lens with very good to excellent image quality .It easily matches 135/2.8 C/Y MM Sonnar that I've got,being smaller,lighter and much less expensive.

It is sharp wide opened across the frame with some,not problematic,Lo/CA and pretty neutral bokeh.

NEX5N at f4





NEX7 at f4






Object separation and Zeiss look available from f4 (NEX5N)






but more of it can be seen stopped down to f8 (NEX5N)






Despite mfd of 1.6m it is suitable for closeups shownig fine details very clearly with Zeiss look still there.

NEX7 at f5.6







NEX5N at f4







Hope this helps.






dcjs
Registered: Apr 21, 2010
Total Posts: 398
Country: Germany

Peire wrote:There you are dcjs: ...

Those images look very nice, thanks for posting. Of course sharpness is hard to judge at this size, but the overall look is just gorgeous. Perhaps the strongest "Sonnar signature" I've seen, and I think I like the images quite a lot better than what I've seen from the C/Y 135/2.8 I've owned.

Did you apply any vignetting correction? Illumination looks very even wide open, but again, hard to tell at the image size.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1379
Country: Poland

Thank you dcjs.

No.The lens does not show any vignetting in normal lighting/subjects.One may notice a very,very slight trace of it taking photographs of the sky wide opened.

Pictures are small but unsharp mask applied on the jpeg 800pix long was only 0,3/150.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1379
Country: Poland

Just bought OM Zuiko MC 28/2.



Visuals
Registered: Apr 17, 2006
Total Posts: 528
Country: United States

Zeiss 35mm f2


It comes attached to my Sony RX1 though :-)



sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 1481
Country: Netherlands

Visuals wrote:
Zeiss 35mm f2


It comes attached to my Sony RX1 though :-)



Now that is a very good lens, it has a lot of distortion, though

I just bought a Minolta MD Zoom Rokkor 75-200 mm 1:4.5 for 12.50
Always wanted to try it out. It is the one without Macro capability but this one is sharper at the longer end.
It is one of the zooms which has a Minolta optical design shared with Leitz.
Like the:
Minolta MD 35-70mm f3.5 macro
Minolta MD 70-210mm f4 macro
Minolta MD 75-200 f4.5



1       2       3              129      
130
       131              202       203       end