What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/116

1       2       3              116      
117
       118              194       195       end

LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5091
Country: Canada

Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

Or something else in a RF type lens(the G45 is on my list btw).



JimBuchanan
Registered: Jan 11, 2006
Total Posts: 1451
Country: United States

LightShow wrote:
Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

Or something else in a RF type lens(the G45 is on my list btw).


Hey, are we talking M mount?



freaklikeme
Registered: Apr 08, 2005
Total Posts: 5820
Country: United States

LightShow wrote:
Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

Or something else in a RF type lens(the G45 is on my list btw).


Finding a Lux-M 50 for under a grand won't be easy, but it is possible. Easier to find would be a dual-range or vIII Cron for under a grand. Either would be good, but I have to say, the pre-ASPH Lux is so good wide open and a bit better at f/2 when compared to the Crons, I'd say it would be worth it to either seek out a bargain or pop for the extra if you just can't wait. You should also consider the 40 Rokkor/Cron. It's not a rock-solid hunk of brass and glass like the 50 Crons, but it's every bit the lens. If you're looking to widen up a bit more, the Canon LTM 35/2 is a great lens for the going rate, and it's surprisingly good close up. Any of these have character to spare.



rico
Registered: Jul 13, 2003
Total Posts: 3877
Country: United States

LightShow wrote:
Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

The recent Elmar 50 has thoroughly modern rendition, is sharp w/o, and fits your budget. I prefer lenses with moderate contrast, and own the classic Elmars M 50/2.8 and LTM 50/3.5 (both single coated). I also own the 'lux 50 in classic chrome finish, but it's well north of your budget these days. Get the Elmar.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

Mint Konica Hexanon macro 50/3.5 with extension tube - first Konica in my hoard -
and Oly Zuiko 35/2- latest "Made in Japan" version.

I had a look at the R Elmarit 60/2.8 ,but I was not pleased with it's condition.R to NEx adapter is just bought though.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

To get a flavour of what Konica IQ is I acquired Hexanons 24/2.8 and 50/1.7 as well.Waiting for the adapter to come



rsrsrs
Registered: May 14, 2008
Total Posts: 755
Country: Germany

CANON FD 55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C Aspherical
will hopeflully pick it up on monday.
i'm extremly curious how it performs on my nex7.

and one day on a fullformat nex.



abraxsis
Registered: Jan 24, 2013
Total Posts: 61
Country: United States

Ricoh Rikenon 55mm f/1.4 M42 mount.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5091
Country: Canada

freaklikeme wrote:
LightShow wrote:
Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

Or something else in a RF type lens(the G45 is on my list btw).


Finding a Lux-M 50 for under a grand won't be easy, but it is possible. Easier to find would be a dual-range or vIII Cron for under a grand. Either would be good, but I have to say, the pre-ASPH Lux is so good wide open and a bit better at f/2 when compared to the Crons, I'd say it would be worth it to either seek out a bargain or pop for the extra if you just can't wait. You should also consider the 40 Rokkor/Cron..
Had the 40 Rokkor didn't do anything for me, but am interested in the Cron. It's not a rock-solid hunk of brass and glass like the 50 Crons, but it's every bit the lens. If you're looking to widen up a bit more, the Canon LTM 35/2 is a great lens for the going rate, and it's surprisingly good close up. Any of these have character to spare. I have the all silver 35/2.8 Canon LTM, which could be all I need, looking for a 50, I'm also tempted to try one of the Topcor 50 RF's.



CVickery
Registered: May 14, 2004
Total Posts: 2623
Country: Canada

I couldn't resist Henry's blow out prices on the Ricoh GXR...so a GXR with P10 'lensor' and an A12 M mount arrived today.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1348
Country: Poland

Hexanon AR 35/2.8 to fill in the gap between 24/2.8 and 50/1.7/55/3.5 macro.



Lee Saxon
Registered: Jun 07, 2012
Total Posts: 938
Country: United States

Leica APO-Summicron-R 180/2



naturephoto1
Registered: Nov 09, 2005
Total Posts: 1700
Country: United States

Lee Saxon wrote:
Leica APO-Summicron-R 180/2


Lee,

Big, super performing and expensive lens. We want to see pictures or it didn't happen. Enjoy it. Look forward to seeing some photos taken with the lens in the Leica R thread.

Rich



timballic
Registered: May 21, 2011
Total Posts: 784
Country: United Kingdom


Just got myself a nice late Zuiko 28/2 and am looking forward to giving it a head to head with my Contax 28/2.8.
I got it for it's wide open bokeh performance which is very highly rated by some, rather than closed down much, where I expect the Contax to be "superior". It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)



maljo
Registered: Mar 01, 2003
Total Posts: 460
Country: United States

M.Ziuko 75 mm f1.8 - great lens!



maljo
Registered: Mar 01, 2003
Total Posts: 460
Country: United States

M.Ziuko 75 mm f1.8 - great lens!



XsigmaSD
Registered: Mar 15, 2006
Total Posts: 486
Country: United States

Interesting prices here...

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pho/3669655028.html

And who says cool stuff doesn't come up on CL?
Too bad I'm broke right now.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5091
Country: Canada

timballic wrote:
....It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)

Finger problems? I've used my 21/3,5 with a Coken GND filter kit without issue, though I do use step rings to get it to mount.



JohnJ
Registered: Jul 09, 2005
Total Posts: 2000
Country: Australia

timballic wrote:

Just got myself a nice late Zuiko 28/2 and am looking forward to giving it a head to head with my Contax 28/2.8.
I got it for it's wide open bokeh performance which is very highly rated by some, rather than closed down much, where I expect the Contax to be "superior". It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)


Nice, I think you'll be very happy with it. I am. I prefer to use the Zuiko 28/2 over the other 28's I have, including the Contax and Leica R 28's (E55), simply for the Zuikos wide open performance and bokeh. The Zuiko 28/3.5 is the 'better' Zuiko lens for stopped down performance, and to rub salt into the wound, at a 1/3 of the price!



timballic
Registered: May 21, 2011
Total Posts: 784
Country: United Kingdom

JohnJ wrote:
timballic wrote:

Just got myself a nice late Zuiko 28/2 and am looking forward to giving it a head to head with my Contax 28/2.8.
I got it for it's wide open bokeh performance which is very highly rated by some, rather than closed down much, where I expect the Contax to be "superior". It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)


Nice, I think you'll be very happy with it. I am. I prefer to use the Zuiko 28/2 over the other 28's I have, including the Contax and Leica R 28's (E55), simply for the Zuikos wide open performance and bokeh. The Zuiko 28/3.5 is the 'better' Zuiko lens for stopped down performance, and to rub salt into the wound, at a 1/3 of the price!



Thanks John, I'm looking forward to trying it out.



1       2       3              116      
117
       118              194       195       end