What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/112

1       2       3              112      
       114              187       188       end

Thatspeck
Total Posts: 742

Well I was going to mention my recently acquired Canon 85/1.9, it's about 62 this year but many generations younger than the Derogy Post some images with it when you can, please.

I finally gave up trying to find a reasonably priced 85/1.5, the 1.9 has the 20 bladed aperture as well and seems to be at least as sharp as the Contax 90G. It's amazing to me sometimes how little has changed...

This looks over-sharpened after whatever flickr did to it

100% crop

Brody LeBlanc
Total Posts: 1026

Got the Leica Summicron-R 35/2 E55 & the metabones SB on the way.

LightShow
Total Posts: 4995

AlexanderR wrote:
Nex-6 and 16-50, and summilux 50. love the Nexilux combo! e-lens is just for snapshots and video.

Nexilux, I like that, I also like Nexicron, Neximarit, not so much.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5659

Adorama had a user-condition Summilux-M 50 v1 for $799. I couldn't pass it up.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5659

LightShow wrote:
AlexanderR wrote:
Nex-6 and 16-50, and summilux 50. love the Nexilux combo! e-lens is just for snapshots and video.

Nexilux, I like that, I also like Nexicron, Neximarit, not so much.

Neximrit? Don't forget Nexisrit, Neximar, and Nexitelemar.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1866

Hi,

For the longer end of 4x5, a mint condition (with caps & retaining ring)) Wollensak 15 inch (381mm) f5.6 Raptar telephoto (mono-coated), in CLA'd Alphax. The max shutter speed is only 1/50th, so it will have to be a calm-day lens on the Linhof "Brick" and Technika monorail. Another NV pawn-shop find...

Regards,

Edd

Jman13
Total Posts: 10511

My newest:

hijazist
Total Posts: 2047

The Zeiss 100 f/2 Makro ZF & Zeiss 35 f/2 ZF. Though I am letting the 100 go cause I am not using that focal length much... Convince me otherwise cause I love it!

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20694

roboticspro wrote:
Hi,

For the longer end of 4x5, a mint condition (with caps & retaining ring)) Wollensak 15 inch (381mm) f5.6 Raptar telephoto (mono-coated), in CLA'd Alphax. The max shutter speed is only 1/50th, so it will have to be a calm-day lens on the Linhof "Brick" and Technika monorail. Another NV pawn-shop find...

Regards,

Edd

Hi Edd,

Looks sweet. It would be awesome on my Mamiya Auto Bellows N. With the N bellows and a DSLR, you're not limited by the in-lens shutter - put it on T and use the camera's shutter.

Jim

P.S. what's up with the white grip? I can't recall seeing one, before now.

Oh, wait! I know. It's a prop from the original Tron. How easily we forget.

JimBuchanan
Total Posts: 1448

roboticspro wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Edd

With all due respect to the Wollensak rig, and all the other lenses, I'm really drawn to the background bear!

JimBuchanan
Total Posts: 1448

A Millennium Nikon 50/1.4 in Nikon S mount:

Any ideas about how I can get this into a Leica M mount?

crazeazn
Total Posts: 1720

hijazist wrote:
The Zeiss 100 f/2 Makro ZF & Zeiss 35 f/2 ZF. Though I am letting the 100 go cause I am not using that focal length much... Convince me otherwise cause I love it!

saw your post on pixtus for trade

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 2356

Will this do the job Jim or does the adapter need to focus?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-RF-Nikon-S-Ranger-Lens-to-Leica-M-Adapter-M6-M8-M7-M9-Ricoh-GXR-Mount-A12-/330722688793?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item4d009bbf19

If so you need something like this I think which has a pretty high sticker shock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kipon-adapter-for-Contax-RF-Rangefinder-Mount-lens-to-Leica-M39-L39-camera-/110976307522?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item19d6b41142
I believe Amedeo was the original designer of this type.

If you search "RF adapter" in ebay lenses you should get a good selection.
Mike

VladiD
Total Posts: 982

Went a little alt-crazy lately. 203FE + 110/2 and Rolleiflex 2.8 FX. Now looking to add a 4x5 camera in the near future, just don't know where to start.

Peire
Total Posts: 1305

VladiD:Edd's Linhof Technika (shown above) is a very fine,well made and portable 4x5 "camera, that I can also recommend.

Last purchase:Rollei Planar HFT 35/2.8 (this time without flaws I believe - I had to return the previous one as it was faulty) and Sigma Apo Macro 180/5.6 in MD mount - very small and lightweight (320g) ,apo corrected (2 large ED glasses), tele macro lens with 1:2 RR ,for general use as well.I have one in Nikon AF mount already,but this MF is significantly smaller and lighter.The smallest apo macro 180mm lens ever! Ideal for my NEXes.Hope it will be fungus-free (the previous one with OM mount was infested).

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1661

I would be interested in how this compares, and differs from the latest Fuji 35/1.4.
Do you have both?

Jman13 wrote:
My newest:

carstenw
Total Posts: 15365

VladiD wrote:
Went a little alt-crazy lately. 203FE + 110/2 and Rolleiflex 2.8 FX. Now looking to add a 4x5 camera in the near future, just don't know where to start.

If you want portable and rugged German metal, get a Linhof Technika V or Master. If you don't need portability, then any number of Linhof or Sinar cameras will do the trick. If you want something portable, lighter and smaller, yet rigid, with a classically inspired design, get a Chamonix 45N2. If you want a real classic, with the compromises that entails, then look at some older American folders.

I have a V/Master hybrid and want to switch it for a Chamonix when I get around to it sometime. Both are great.

buggz2k
Total Posts: 1661

I LOVE my Sinar F2 rig!
Though, I would like to have a folding style system as well.

carstenw wrote:
VladiD wrote:

If you want portable and rugged German metal, get a Linhof Technika V or Master. If you don't need portability, then any number of Linhof or Sinar cameras will do the trick. If you want something portable, lighter and smaller, yet rigid, with a classically inspired design, get a Chamonix 45N2. If you want a real classic, with the compromises that entails, then look at some older American folders.

I have a V/Master hybrid and want to switch it for a Chamonix when I get around to it sometime. Both are great.

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1866

Good Morning!,

Carsten: I have had the Linhof gear since the 70's...classic German engineering to the max

Peire: Best of luck with the new lenses...

JimB: The "Bear" was taken by me on bow, up close and way too personal, while in my teens. Although I still target shoot (now just for fun), the game hunting for the past 20 years or so has only been with the camera.

JimC: Ah yes, Tron...effectively busted.... The black grip came out with the Technika V; mine is the lowly IV (The Brick).

I have a SMC 85mm f1.8 (M42) on the way today (UPS from Reno), and will post a photo later. Looking forward to using this classic on my Spotmatic and EOS (with adapter).

Regards,

Edd

Jman13
Total Posts: 10511

buggz2k wrote:
I would be interested in how this compares, and differs from the latest Fuji 35/1.4.
Do you have both?

I'm slightly confused...this is the 35/1.4.

1       2       3              112      
       114              187       188       end