What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/106

1       2       3              106      
       108              186       187       end

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20566

Man! What's been chewing on your mouse?

p666 wrote:
Zeiss Flektagon 35mm 2.4

JimBuchanan
Total Posts: 1448

I finally got a 58mm Biotar. I'm thinking of sending the 3 exterior pieces out for black anodizing.

LightShow
Total Posts: 4965

Thatspeck wrote:
Lightshow was that an FL 35 F2.5? I had one for several years and loved it, great build quality, nice colors, and plenty sharp enough. Has to be one of the best values out there too, sometimes they go under 50 bucks.

Yeah I meant to type 35/2.5, Nice to know it's a good one, I paid $20.

Today I picked up a DKL mount Voigtlander Color Skopar 50/2.8
I also picked up a Canon RF 100/3.5 <EP> mark, with case, rear cap, and a 3 piece hood(Series VI 34mm) in mint cond. and it's surgically sharp.
Looks like this(not my pic)

The hood is really cool, looks like it comes apart to add filters into the middle, and a cap for when the hood is reversed and used as a lens cap, it's so cool...
Looks like this but without the set screw: (also not my pic)

EDIT:
added that I forgot to write that it has an <EP> mark.

Bifurcator
Total Posts: 9299

Cool!

I witnessed some images from this model in a thread about 7 or 8 months ago that were just terrible. But maybe the photog was n00b-ish. Post some sample images in a thread somewhere when you get the time. I would love to see what this lens is like in the hands of someone actually good, like yourself.

Thanks!

LightShow

Thanks for the kind words.
I shall try and post some tonight.
I seen some posts in a thread somewhere that convinced me it was worth a good look.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10198

freaklikeme wrote:
sebboh wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
I've got a Minolta MC 300/4.5 coming today. I'll be very interested to see how it does with the NEX-7 since it was less than a third the price of the CZ 300/4.

let me know what you think of it, i'm been meaning to try one and keep forgetting to bid on them.

Well, right now, I'll say, "Don't bother." It may just be this copy, but it's making the CZ look like a bargain. Everything I've shot from MFD to about 10M is so-so wide open, decent by f/8, but everything over 10M is so soft, I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with the lens. Maybe it's better on film? I'll send it to you if you want to try it out.

hmm, i've heard good things about the lens, but only from people who only shot them on film and had no real experience with anything that wasn't available in SR mount.

perhaps the internal focusing MD version is better? it has an extra element.

p666
Total Posts: 26

jcolwell wrote:
Man! What's been chewing on your mouse?

Either my cat, or the girlfriends fingernails, one or the other! some things are better up not close up

LightShow

Nex-7 & Canon RF 100/3.5 test pics:

roboticspro
Total Posts: 1862

LightShow (James),

The 100mm f3.5 is quite a sharp lens, and it has been in my inventory since the 70's. Much smaller/lighter than the 85mm f1.9 and the 100mm f2, so it makes for part of a nice travel kit with my Canon 7.

Regards,

Edd

LightShow

Nice shots, I was wondering if the aperture ring has click stops on yours, mine doesn't seem to, seems like the lube has dried and is preventing the detent system(spring and ball?) from working correctly, I'll prob do a relube on it just to be sure, it still works great for a 50+ year old lens.

roboticspro

Hi,

Thanks...those lenses teamed up with my 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.4 make a nice system for the Canon 7 and the NEX.

No, there are no click-detents on the 85mm nor the 100mm, just very fluid stepless moment. I suppose the video folks would love that .

Edd

LightShow

Good to know, was wondering since both my 35/2.8 & 50/1.8 from the same era do have detents.

srhphoto
Total Posts: 114

Most recent purchases have been a mint Canon 135mm f2.0 nFD and 100mm f2.8 SSC FD, but everything in the photo below has been acquired over the last 6 months or so.

Canon FD and nFD Lenses by srhphoto, on Flickr

Cheers,

Simon.

wayne seltzer
Total Posts: 4086

JimBuchanan wrote:
I finally got a 58mm Biotar. I'm thinking of sending the 3 exterior pieces out for black anodizing.

Congrats Jim!
What mount is that?
I need to shoot my 75 Biotar more!

roboticspro

Hi,

srhphoto wrote:
Most recent purchases have been a mint Canon 135mm f2.0 nFD and 100mm f2.8 SSC FD, but everything in the photo below has been acquired over the last 6 months or so.

Cheers,

Simon.

Very nice collection of the FD/FDn lenses, which I am a user of also. I will post some of my recent purchases next week...packing up for another assignment in NV for a bit.

Regards,

Edd

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1569

roboticspro wrote:
Hi,

srhphoto wrote:

Cheers,

Simon.

Very nice collection of the FD/FDn lenses, which I am a user of also. I will post some of my recent purchases next week...packing up for another assignment in NV for a bit.

Regards,

Edd

I haven't used the Canon FD system since I switched from an entire Canon system with 3 F series Canons including old F1, F1N, and A1 with half a dozen Canon FD and FDn lenses to a Leica R system in 1984.

Rich

roboticspro

naturephoto1 wrote:

I haven't used the Canon FD system since I switched from an entire Canon system with 3 F series Canons including old F1, F1N, and A1 with half a dozen Canon FD and FDn lenses to a Leica R system in 1984.

Rich

So...the point of your post is?

carstenw
Total Posts: 15290

Maybe that if you are willing to spend loads of money, you can find better lenses than the FD line Not really a big surprise to anyone I guess.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5615

sebboh wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
sebboh wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
I've got a Minolta MC 300/4.5 coming today. I'll be very interested to see how it does with the NEX-7 since it was less than a third the price of the CZ 300/4.

let me know what you think of it, i'm been meaning to try one and keep forgetting to bid on them.

Well, right now, I'll say, "Don't bother." It may just be this copy, but it's making the CZ look like a bargain. Everything I've shot from MFD to about 10M is so-so wide open, decent by f/8, but everything over 10M is so soft, I'm wondering if there isn't something wrong with the lens. Maybe it's better on film? I'll send it to you if you want to try it out.

hmm, i've heard good things about the lens, but only from people who only shot them on film and had no real experience with anything that wasn't available in SR mount.

perhaps the internal focusing MD version is better? it has an extra element.

I dropped it off with a local repair guy yesterday. Today I received an e-mail from him stating, "Wow, someone f****d this up good." He's got to dig a bit more to know for sure, but he does think it's fixable. Not quite the bargain it started out to be, but we'll see what the seller has to say once I get the estimate.

In the meantime, I found an AI 300/4.5 ED for a good price, so that's on the way. It's heavier than I wanted for the NEX, but since it can be used on both the a900 and NEX-7 and has a slightly better tripod mount than the Minolta, it may end up being the solution.

Peire
Total Posts: 1299

Zuiko 100/2.8 MC (again),Yashica 35/2.8 ML,Rollei Planar HFT 50/1.8 with the NEX-QBM adapter,Minolta MD 35-70/3.5 with macro (not Rokkor),Rokkor MD 50/1.7 55mm,Rokkor MD 135/3.5. 55mm.

I'm curious how will Rollei Planar 50/1.8 stand against Planar C/Y 50/1.7 - optical design is the same (7/6),but Rollei's front lens is flat,not convex.Will HFT coatings really match T* coatings quality?

I suppose Yashica ML 35/2.8 will be worse than C/Y Distagon 35/2.8 the same way as Yashica ML 28/2.8 is inferior compared to C/Y Distagon 28/2.8 (softer corners,poorer contrast).

Rokkor 135/3.5 55mm should be better wo than 135/2.8,but is it true it's crisper overall?We'll see.

35-70/3.5 MD Rokkor with no macro is very good for a zoom and I do not expect any major IQ differences compared to "plain" MD 35-70/3.5 macro.

1       2       3              106      
       108              186       187       end