What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/104

1       2       3              104      
105
       106              206       207       end

Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1413
Country: Poland

Today-excellent condition MC Rokkor 85/1.7 with geniune caps- blue fringing in contrast lighting visible even up to f8 (NEX5N),but unbeaten for portraits.I have 2 weeks to give it back if not satisfied-I don't think I will.

Canon FD SSC 400/4.5 has just arrived-mint,leather cased with genuine caps,for just 165 Euro shipped.
It has some LoCa and LCA with NEX 5N/7 in contrast lighting,but man,what a nice piece of solid,tidy alt glass!

The rest of the +/- 2kg shipment mentioned above is also acceptable - I think I'll keep Canon FDn 200/4 (small and compact,1,5m mfd compared to the 2,5m of my 200/4 SSC) and 24/2.8 FDn - smaller than my 24/2.8 SSC and optically on par.



parsons
Registered: Mar 29, 2004
Total Posts: 5354
Country: United Kingdom

just ordered the poor mans zeiss 21mm in the form of the Zuiko.
should be here this tiem next week, hopes it will be ok!
reasonable price 230 sterling, most on flebay going for 300 +

simon



helimat
Registered: Apr 06, 2008
Total Posts: 3749
Country: Canada

Peire wrote:
Today-excellent condition MC Rokkor 85/1.7 with geniune caps- blue fringing in contrast lighting visible even up to f8 (NEX5N),but unbeaten for portraits.I have 2 weeks to give it back if not satisfied-I don't think I will.


I think you will keep it, it is a great lens. One of my all-time favourites!



MIRANDA1
Registered: Jan 15, 2004
Total Posts: 95
Country: Canada

Christmas came early for me this year in the form of a Zeiss Distagon 15 ZE.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5206
Country: Canada

helimat wrote:
Peire wrote:
Today-excellent condition MC Rokkor 85/1.7 with geniune caps- blue fringing in contrast lighting visible even up to f8 (NEX5N),but unbeaten for portraits.I have 2 weeks to give it back if not satisfied-I don't think I will.


I think you will keep it, it is a great lens. One of my all-time favourites!


Mine is way sharp, and the fringing from high contrast subjects(which is common in fast lenses) is easy to fix.
Congrats.



Peire
Registered: Apr 27, 2010
Total Posts: 1413
Country: Poland

LightShow and helimat - the lens is very sharp in the way of Rokkor MC PG 50/1.4.And has creeeeeamy,smoooooth bokeh.It has just found a new home I think.

MIRANDA1 - Uuups!I had 15ZE in my hands about three weeks ago.State of the art in the WA World.Very sturdy and excellend IQ.I do not feel itch to buy it now but it is respectable lens.

parsons -21/3.5 Zuiko is very,very good.I use it anytime my Zeiss 21/2.8 seems too big or too heavy.It delivers again and again.Beautiful piece of engineernig in a solid tiny body.



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5206
Country: Canada

I agree, the 21/3.5 is a great lens, sharp and has great color, all in a super compact body, what more could you want?



parsons
Registered: Mar 29, 2004
Total Posts: 5354
Country: United Kingdom

LightShow wrote:
I agree, the 21/3.5 is a great lens, sharp and has great color, all in a super compact body, what more could you want?


sounds just what i am looking for. i love the 14-24 but there are times i dont like taking it along unless i know what i going for where as the 21mm will stay in bag all the time.

s



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5206
Country: Canada

It will end up in my bag for most trips, just be on the lookout for a multicoated version.(not G.Zuiko)



parsons
Registered: Mar 29, 2004
Total Posts: 5354
Country: United Kingdom

think mine is the MC, has a green tint on the elements not yellow



LightShow
Registered: Aug 03, 2009
Total Posts: 5206
Country: Canada

Zuiko and Zuiko MC vs. G.Zuiko are prob. the most reliable method to id an MC lens.



helimat
Registered: Apr 06, 2008
Total Posts: 3749
Country: Canada

I received a very minty Contax 28-85/3.3-4 a few days ago. It's a big solid unit! Please excuse the sub-par images, still in the 'testing' phase.


_MG_5068 by helimat, on Flickr


_MG_5014 by helimat, on Flickr


_MG_5052 by helimat, on Flickr

So far it seems sharp and Zeissy to me, although the sharpness drops off a little at 85mm wide open. Stopped down it cleans right up of course.



m-a-x
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 406
Country: Germany

This Canon 250mm F4 mirror lens is my latest purchase, and my latest camera mod.
Looks massive on the Nex. It can even be stopped down.
But the focal length is too long for my normal use, I am not sure if I will keep it.


Canon 250mm on NEX by meizzner, on Flickr


Canon 250mm on NEX by meizzner, on Flickr


Canon 250mm on NEX by meizzner, on Flickr


Canon 250mm on NEX by meizzner, on Flickr



carstenw
Registered: Dec 26, 2005
Total Posts: 16080
Country: Germany

Maybe sell it to a cop; it has doughnuts everywhere!



Photon-hunter
Registered: Sep 28, 2004
Total Posts: 506
Country: Spain

carstenw wrote:
Maybe sell it to a cop; it has doughnuts everywhere!


L O L



trenchmonkey
Registered: Oct 22, 2004
Total Posts: 35730
Country: United States

Picked up the Sigma (A) 35 f1.4 last week. Yum!!



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10764
Country: United States

m-a-x wrote:
This Canon 250mm F4 mirror lens is my latest purchase, and my latest camera mod.
Looks massive on the Nex. It can even be stopped down.
But the focal length is too long for my normal use, I am not sure if I will keep it.


cool!

I've never heard of that! that can't be the normal mounting distance?



jcolwell
Registered: Feb 10, 2005
Total Posts: 22034
Country: Canada

sebboh wrote:
m-a-x wrote:
This Canon 250mm F4 mirror lens is my latest purchase, and my latest camera mod.
Looks massive on the Nex. It can even be stopped down.
But the focal length is too long for my normal use, I am not sure if I will keep it.


cool!

I've never heard of that! that can't be the normal mounting distance?


It's a video lens.



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 10764
Country: United States

jcolwell wrote:
sebboh wrote:
m-a-x wrote:
This Canon 250mm F4 mirror lens is my latest purchase, and my latest camera mod.
Looks massive on the Nex. It can even be stopped down.
But the focal length is too long for my normal use, I am not sure if I will keep it.


cool!

I've never heard of that! that can't be the normal mounting distance?


It's a video lens.


for what format and mount? I don't know anything about canon video lenses.



m-a-x
Registered: Apr 27, 2009
Total Posts: 406
Country: Germany

Carsten, haha!
I like the donuts, at least for the moment ;-)

Sebboh: it is called "CL mount"



1       2       3              104      
105
       106              206       207       end