What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
/forum/topic/982966/101

1       2       3              101      
       103              188       189       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 10437

wayne seltzer wrote:
sebboh wrote:
wayne seltzer wrote:
I have both versions both converted excellently by Jim.
Yes, the older version has one more element and is considered the better version.
I have not done side by side comparisons but I think the MC W is sharper wide open and has less vignetting with the larger front element.

what are you waiting for compare them!!!

or we can meet up and compare them. from my experience with other rokkors i would expect the 49mm version to have more vignetting and weaker corners but higher contrast and better closeup performance. wide open performance i don't have a guess.

Ok, I will try to post some comparison shots soon!

sweet!

ZoneV
Total Posts: 907

carstenw wrote:
.....The ring surrounding this actually comes off, but it was hella stiff, and I had to resort to using the two ring-removal tools with a pair of thick leather gloves and a surface I could push down on for leverage. Finally I got it off, and the last two lenses came out.

I have some of these macro teleconverters. I take the teleconverter lenses away, and use this for different lenses, for example as wideangle macro lens with a Carl Zeiss Jena 35mm f/2.8 or for a projection lens as helicoid.
And on every single of these macro converters the inner lens tube is extremely hard to screw out :-/

carstenw
Total Posts: 15562

Do you have any tricks for making it easier?

ZoneV
Total Posts: 907

Pure force at the moment.
I use a car-oil-filter tool (with a rubber band and grip) to get more power. And leather working gloves in case I slip off.

johnahill
Total Posts: 2492

A store near my workplace had a Mamiya 645 1000S with a 80/2.8C and A 120 macro for 199. I thought about it for a minute then stopped thinking and bought it

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 894

Pics or it didn't happen, John

johnahill

No pics of the gear yet, but here's one from this morning using the Mamiya 80mm on the mirex adapter

carstenw

Nice! Is that a shifting adapter?

R.Young
Total Posts: 958

Which shop was that? Any other bargains going?

johnahill

It's the tilt shift, but the pic above is a straight shot that's been cropped in post

Edgars Kalnins
Total Posts: 708

I think I saw that kit, but passed on. If it had 80/1.9 I would have taken - I have the 80/2.8. I am glad you are using the lens already!
I have just picked up 2 polaroids (95 and 900). Been thinking of doing the conversion to 4x5 one day. With my speed it will be after my retirement in 30 years!

naturephoto1
Total Posts: 1607

I have a Leica f4 80-200mm Vario Elmar on its way. I hope to have it later this week.

Rich

LightShow
Total Posts: 5017

Just picked up:
28/2.8 Elmarit II M 1976 according to
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/28mm_f/2.8_Elmarit_II
So far it's sharp with minimal color shift and no smearing(looking on camera).
Included with the lens is the funky hood, and a leather Olympus bag(and a bag for the Topcor below too)

And a Topcor R 13.5cm f3.5 preset(12 blade), it looked sharp, but may need a re-grease. Edit: I have cleaned and relubed the lens, she will be fun to use, although a bit on the long side for me.

The main page:
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/Main_Page

Lee Saxon

A weekend rental (gave my girlfriend a fashion shoot with a professional make-up artist for her birthday), not a purchase, but I thought you guys might enjoy this picture anyway.

Sony A99 + Sony-Zeiss 135mm f/1.8

LightShow
Total Posts: 5017

Cool gift.

carstenw

Great idea for a present Lee. But... this has to be said: it looks like 4 of those top 6 buttons are 3-year old girl size! A77 or A99?

Lee Saxon

A99.

Actually I agree, I couldn't push those buttons very well. Luckily they're ones you don't need often (well, maybe the backlight).

That lens, by the way, is unbelievable. Even wide open it's too sharp for portraits (even for my girlfriend who's only 22)! I'm going to have to soften in post.

Lee Saxon

Here's a sample from the shoot, if you're curious.

carstenw

Nice shot. I wish that lens would exist for Nikon.

CVickery
Total Posts: 2585

A couple of things that arrived recently.

1       2       3              101      
       103              188       189       end