NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/570

1       2       3              570      
       572              705       706       end

joevain
Total Posts: 30

Another from the BMW Museum in Munich. Well worth a visit if anyone is in the area.

Untitled by joevain, on Flickr

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1523

wfrank wrote:

I like it but it's not equivalent to a ZE 21/2.8 on an FF. The sharpest thing I've put on the NEX is the Contax G 21/2.8 - except that corners are beyond horrible - and the Voigt is nowhere near that. But it does what it does good. The size on a cam like the NEX 5N is unbeatable, a very neat combo. It's my first M-mount and l like the focusing thingy and it looks pretty cool on the cam if things like that counts :-)

Two more from a walk two hours ago. C&C welcome, overworked?

In general I really like the way you process your images.
These are extremly sharp processed, may be a little to much, but I like it.
Would love to see your settings.

Michiel

sculptormic

I thought this one was already processed a bit to sharp but now it looks it could use some more

sculptormic

Strange gathering.

hashaama
Total Posts: 310

Got my NEX-6 about a week ago, enjoying it so far specially being able to carry it with almost everywhere, only shot JPG's so far and only have 16-50 kit lens yet. Here are a couple I shot.

Cheers
Hash

1 - My son enjoying a sunny day

2 -

taran
Total Posts: 393

The rain room... 7 w/pentax 110 24

nyc 5.17.131390 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1438

Samyang 8 mm fish

JimParsons
Total Posts: 217

wfrank wrote:

I like it but it's not equivalent to a ZE 21/2.8 on an FF. The sharpest thing I've put on the NEX is the Contax G 21/2.8 - except that corners are beyond horrible - and the Voigt is nowhere near that. But it does what it does good. The size on a cam like the NEX 5N is unbeatable, a very neat combo. It's my first M-mount and l like the focusing thingy and it looks pretty cool on the cam if things like that counts :-)

Yeah, that's how it starts- you pick up a CV 15 and like it. Then you get a killer deal on a CV 21 and like that as well. Before you know it you have the 12/15/21/28/35 & 50 CV LTM lenses and find yourself wondering "how did I get here?"

ebookman
Total Posts: 713

Two images with one of my least used lenses the Contax G90. It really is a great lens.

photoomaha
Total Posts: 372

Shot this Saturday with the Nex 7 and 35mm 1.8 lens. I believe this was around f/2.8? Really have been enjoying this wedding season shooting all Nex. Much easier on my back!

wfrank
Total Posts: 2977

sculptormic wrote:
In general I really like the way you process your images.
These are extremly sharp processed, may be a little to much, but I like it.
Would love to see your settings.

Michiel

Thanks so much Michiel. I see what you mean now, in particular the 2nd is oversharpened. I often fail to see that when editing. For settings I use resize scripts found here at FM with a little tweaking. For the image itself I dont have any special flow, but add contrast in several levels plus some dodge & burn (not that much usually) + often a faint vignette. FWIW the goal is to get closer to my perception of the actual scene as I find images SOOC look flat in comparison.

ps. I dont find your image oversharpened :-)

wfrank
Total Posts: 2977

JimParsons wrote:
Yeah, that's how it starts- you pick up a CV 15 and like it. Then you get a killer deal on a CV 21 and like that as well. Before you know it you have the 12/15/21/28/35 & 50 CV LTM lenses and find yourself wondering "how did I get here?"

Heh. For a while more I am stuck with Zeiss in the FF DSLR swamp but who knows what happens next year :-)

ebookman
Total Posts: 713

sculptormic wrote:
Strange gathering.

Michiel, I really love the 3D you are getting in your street images. I am curious to know if the 3D is a very different result without the speedbooster. How would the 100mm picture be different than a 65-70mm lens without the speedbooster?

sculptormic

ebookman wrote:
sculptormic wrote:
Strange gathering.

Michiel, I really love the 3D you are getting in your street images. I am curious to know if the 3D is a very different result without the speedbooster. How would the 100mm picture be different than a 65-70mm lens without the speedbooster?

It is mainly the 100 Planar lens, I think. Nice lens for streetportraits. It is just so nice to use the lens in it's actual FL.
(almost)

sculptormic

These two older images I resized and sharpened the way Carsten explained in a Getdpi thread.

Is it to much?

Hazy weather.

sculptormic

And this one is from today in my garden in between the endless rain which is going on for days now.
Same processing.

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 5410

A few with 5N + Leica Tele-Elmar 135mm f/4.

Highfive
Total Posts: 81

So many stunning photos here, good job everyone.
One i took today.
Tokina 90mm AT X 2.5 Macro

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1570

shelt
Total Posts: 283

OK, I realize this isn't an artistic shot by any stretch, but I couldn't stop laughing when I came upon this scene in a Marin Headlands WW II gun emplacement tunnel -- Lascaux graffiti! (NEX-6 & Summilux 35 FLE)

1       2       3              570      
       572              705       706       end