Total Posts: 217

Highfive wrote:
Some i have taken the last few days. Sony CZ 24mm

That's a fabulous shot.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1523

ebookman
Total Posts: 694

Phillip -- I admire all your work but I think this is what I like best, this meticulous attention to controlling deep shadows and back light.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4813

taran wrote:
Skink.

nyc 5.13.131129 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

Just curious which nex body did you take this with?
-Jim

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1523

thanks @ebookman

second batch from this evening:

taran
Total Posts: 381

Jim Schemel wrote:
-Jim

Sorry, when I'm on the road my Photomechanic strips the exif, gotta fix that. This is NEX 7 ISO 3200 1/640 +1.3 EXP comp. handheld.

lumis beans
Total Posts: 214

taran wrote:
Jim Schemel wrote:
-Jim

Sorry, when I'm on the road my Photomechanic strips the exif, gotta fix that. This is NEX 7 ISO 3200 1/640 +1.3 EXP comp. handheld.

It's an interesting effect. My NEX 6 did something similar at a certain angle with the sun. Shows off dust really nicely!

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1159

H.Lux
Total Posts: 425

Took my NEX-7 out today with three lenses. Strangely I got no good pic with the Oly 21/2, although I loved the 21/3.5 with the 5DII. First four are with the Contax G 45/2 @ f5.6-8 and the others with the Summilux-M 75 @ f2.

Summilux-M 75@f2

Enjoy

Stefan

ISO1600
Total Posts: 4466

Finally got a lens/adaptors today.

Fotasy/RainbowImaging 35/1.7 lol. $26 shipped via eBay.

_DSC0484 - Edited by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

_DSC0406 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

_DSC0475 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

All NEX-6.

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5792

Since I've posted enough pictures of her in this forum to make her an honorary member, I feel like I should let you know that my dog had gone into surgery today for an intestinal issue and didn't make it through. She was fifteen, fairly old for a large dog who lived life at top speed until a couple of years ago when arthritis caught up with her. I couldn't imagine a better, sweeter, more entertaining companion to have had over the past thirteen years, and I miss her like crazy.

The five pieces of wisdom my dog wanted to impart upon the world in her passing.

1. Make your peace with cats to promote social harmony if you have to, but never, ever, ever trust a cat. One minute they're your best buddy. The next minute, they're peeing on your bed.

2. If you find yourself imprisoned, escape. Do whatever you have to do, but you must escape.

3. Squirrels. The older you get, the less they matter.

4. You can sniff and lick at the same time if you're willing to stick your nose in it and your tongue is long enough to lick your nose.

5. Walks are great. Being outside is great. Walking outside is the best. You should try it. Take a dog with you. They'll show you how it's done.

And one last photo, G45 wide open on the 7.

contrelamontre
Total Posts: 24

Brad: Such a nice and heartwarming post and picture of your wonderful buddy. I really, really feel with you.

joevain
Total Posts: 30

freaklikeme, I love that portrait, I hope you canvas it?

I took this handheld while on a buisness trip to Munich, ISO3200!!!!! at f5.8 (i think??) NEX6+CV15mm.

5 by joe_vain, on Flickr

joevain
Total Posts: 30

Here is a few more, same trip/lens with a more respectable ISO

15 by joe_vain, on Flickr

Untitled by joe_vain, on Flickr

14 by joe_vain, on Flickr

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

freaklikeme wrote:
Since I've posted enough pictures of her in this forum to make her an honorary member, I feel like I should let you know that my dog had gone into surgery today for an intestinal issue and didn't make it through. She was fifteen, fairly old for a large dog who lived life at top speed until a couple of years ago when arthritis caught up with her. I couldn't imagine a better, sweeter, more entertaining companion to have had over the past thirteen years, and I miss her like crazy.

The five pieces of wisdom my dog wanted to impart upon the world in her passing.

1. Make your peace with cats to promote social harmony if you have to, but never, ever, ever trust a cat. One minute they're your best buddy. The next minute, they're peeing on your bed.

2. If you find yourself imprisoned, escape. Do whatever you have to do, but you must escape.

3. Squirrels. The older you get, the less they matter.

4. You can sniff and lick at the same time if you're willing to stick your nose in it and your tongue is long enough to lick your nose.

5. Walks are great. Being outside is great. Walking outside is the best. You should try it. Take a dog with you. They'll show you how it's done.

And one last photo, G45 wide open on the 7.

Brad, sorry to hear that. We lost a pet this year too, it sucks.

Good wisdom, and nice portrait.

ISO1600
Total Posts: 4466

Sorry to hear about your dog, that is always rough!

perost
Total Posts: 49

H.Lux, I find your fourth photo fascinating. There's a lot of interesting content in the photo to explore, without the photo becoming cluttered.

Here's a couple of photos from a walk I did today to try out my newest purchase, a zebra Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50/1.8 in M42 mount. I got it cheap since neither the aperture nor the "zoom" worked according to the seller, and the glass is very yellowed. I've fixed the focusing mechanism but haven't been able to fix the coupling between the aperture ring and the aperture yet, so I just set it to ~f/2.8 to try it out a bit. Seems like a nice little lens, and it focuses much closer than my Contax Planar 50/1.7 too.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

my condolences brad.

seems like she lived a long full life.

excellent parting portrait.

ebookman
Total Posts: 694

perost -- I think I like that lens just the way it is. Very nice rendering.

Nex 5n with Leica Elmar 50mm f/2.8

1       2       3              568      
       570              702       703       end