NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/541

1       2       3              541      
       543              715       716       end

shelt
Total Posts: 376

Just received my "faux Hawkes" M->NEX adapter. $35 and seems to work very well (except for a tiny wobble...). Here's the Lux 35 FLE focused at ~5" at f/2:

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

Nex 5n with Minolta Zoom MD 35-70mm, my current "walk around" lens. These pictures might need a little explanation. I was taking a lunchtime walk around town near my office and I noticed what I call the "sweater tree" in front of a nearby yarn shop had become a favorite perch for one of the local squirrels. This guy was totally happy and not about to move.

taran
Total Posts: 824

shelt wrote:
Just received my "faux Hawkes" M->NEX adapter. $35 and seems to work very well (except for a tiny wobble...). Here's the Lux 35 FLE focused at ~5" at f/2:

I would consider this reproduction/close focus ability a bargain. Thats a pleasant shot for sure. Thanks for sharing your experience.

philber
Total Posts: 9313

Nice, ebookman!
Shelt, I agree with you the helicoid adapter is a very good idea. Since I recived my Hawke's, I hardly use my Leica R 60 Makro Elmarit any more, even though it is a stellar macro lens. Instead I use either my Summilux 50 M or Elmar 24 M, depending on the look I want.

sebboh
Total Posts: 12605

50 lux pre-asph:

photoomaha
Total Posts: 498

First image, Nex 7 and Sigma 19mm 2.8. Second shot is Nex 7 and Sony 35mm 1.8.

srhphoto
Total Posts: 153

The iconic boathouse on the shores of Ullswater in the UK's Lake District.

Ullswater Boathouse by srhphoto, on Flickr

Sony NEX-7 + Canon 28mm f2.8 nFD.

Cheers,

Simon.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 2271

sebboh

beautiful phillip, i love the first and last! when did you get the sigmarit 19mm?

here's one more from the g28 wide open:

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 2271

sebboh wrote:
beautiful phillip, i love the first and last! when did you get the sigmarit 19mm?

thanks :-), i got it last Friday, bought it for 75 Euros from Amazon.
It would be great if it had less field curvature, but that's the only deficit i found so far.

When will you post your final G28 modification? Got a 55/1.7 ages ago for that purpose but i didn't understand how you would control the aperture.

sebboh

Phillip Reeve wrote:
sebboh wrote:

thanks :-), i got it last Friday, bought it for 75 Euros from Amazon.
It would be great if it had less field curvature, but that's the only deficit i found so far.

When will you post your final G28 modification? Got a 55/1.7 ages ago for that purpose but i didn't understand how you would control the aperture.

yeah, the sigma is shockingly good. i wish i could say the samples i've seen from the sony pancake looked as good.

i posted on how i linked the aperture last night: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1159122/5#11579229

sculptormic
Total Posts: 2581

More rape seed compo's. (Others in the Sigma DP2m thread)

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1750

beautiful fields, beautiful colors, thanks

H.Lux
Total Posts: 511

I've been out with the C/Y 28/2.8 today. The combo fits with some effort into the pocket of my jacket.

All @f5.6-8

A good combination, as I find.

Enjoy

Stefan

secondclaw
Total Posts: 382

My old cactus blooming again. This time I had a chance to try NEX-7, CV 35mm f2.8 lens, and Hawks Helicoid. I do like how the bokeh came out. I think these were shot at f/4 or so, much closer than MFD, with the helicoid in max open position.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4931

Stefan - nice work with the C/y 28 and 7 combo.Great clarity to your shots.
-Jim

uhoh7
Total Posts: 4214

leica 90/2.8 teleelmarit

nikon 180 ais ED w/turbo @ 2.8

same lens w/o LT

sebboh

one from my morning walk with the g28:

philber
Total Posts: 9313

Michiel, I really dig your first shot. If you don't mind my intruding, I wonder whether there is not another one hidden inside it, with the lone tree bisecting the top green and yellow only, treated almost as an abstract. And without the dark streak on the top left.
Nice set, Stefan! It is so cool when you can get just one person set against the backdrop of the Paul-Löbbe Haus, as you did in your third shot.
Secondclaw, I too like your cactus. Amazing what the Hawk's will let you do with lenses that obviously were never designed for anything like that.
Sebboh, uhoh7, Srhphoto, photoomaha, nice work!
Philip, did you have to come back (yeah, I know, you never really left) and amaze me all over again?

sculptormic
Total Posts: 2581

Stefan, nice set on Berlin! The C/Y on the NEX is a loveley combination!

Thanks Philipe, but now you ask to much of me, climbing fences etc...

View over Dieppe.

1       2       3              541      
       543              715       716       end