NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/540

1       2       3              540      
541
       542              697       698       end

uscmatt99
Registered: Jan 18, 2012
Total Posts: 324
Country: United States

I don't have much compared to what you've all posted, but here are a few while I was grabbing some coffee.

NEX-6 and ZM35/2.8



















plasticmotif
Registered: Sep 23, 2010
Total Posts: 833
Country: United States

Rokkor 58/1.2 @ 2.






Rokkor 58/1.2 @ 1.2.






Jim Schemel
Registered: Oct 18, 2006
Total Posts: 4797
Country: United States

Plasticmotif, you have magnolias blooming already....nice
Jim



joevain
Registered: Aug 29, 2012
Total Posts: 29
Country: United Kingdom

Jim, love all three but #2 is just brilliant, really nice image.
sebboh, the perspective in your last image is spectacular, big fan of your style.
uscmatt99, I think the ZM35/2.8 will be my next purchase, how are you finding it?
plasticmotif, creamy oof well done.



mnscott
Registered: Jul 03, 2005
Total Posts: 258
Country: United States

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with my wife's family at a sort-of-Irish pub. I had my NEX-7 in my coat pocket, and tried to capture some of the character(s) at the event.







mawz
Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Total Posts: 7517
Country: Canada


Lost Bloom by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, Nikkor 300/4.5 AI'd



VaughnA
Registered: Jul 14, 2011
Total Posts: 88
Country: United States

Scott, LOVE The pub shots. Number two is perfect!



Jacob D
Registered: Mar 30, 2009
Total Posts: 1757
Country: United States

Plasticmotif, love the colors in that second shot.



mnscott
Registered: Jul 03, 2005
Total Posts: 258
Country: United States

VaughnA wrote:
Scott, LOVE The pub shots. Number two is perfect!


Thanks VaughnA! Number two is my favorite also. Lots of characters in that shot. And one behind the camera, for that matter.



uscmatt99
Registered: Jan 18, 2012
Total Posts: 324
Country: United States

joevain wrote:
Jim, love all three but #2 is just brilliant, really nice image.
sebboh, the perspective in your last image is spectacular, big fan of your style.
uscmatt99, I think the ZM35/2.8 will be my next purchase, how are you finding it?
plasticmotif, creamy oof well done.



I like the C-Biogon, and have the CV 35/1.2 II that I also use with the NEX and Ricoh GXR. The ZM gets a little bit smeared at the edges and corners even stopped down at infinity, and I think that overall the CV is a better performer on the NEX-6 at the periphery stopped down. On the GXR the ZM is great out to the corners, so it seems to be at least in part a sensor issue. In the center the ZM is slightly technically better resolving throughout the range at the same apertures. The ZM retains more global contrast, and is much less susceptible to CA. The CV has a lot of bokeh green/magenta fringing that needs correction in Lightroom.

Ergonomically it's a pretty nice lens, very compact. I actually put 43-->46 and 46-->52 step up rings on it so I could use my CP filter and a Nikon pinch cap, and the rings function as a tiny rotective hood for the front element. Focus on my current copy is well damped. I had an issue develop after just over a year with the first copy of the lens, and Zeiss kindly replaced it with a new copy.

Ron Scheffler did a great comparison of 35mm lenses on an M9 to the Sony RX-1, you should check it out.



joevain
Registered: Aug 29, 2012
Total Posts: 29
Country: United Kingdom

uscmatt99 wrote:

I like the C-Biogon, and have the CV 35/1.2 II that I also use with the NEX and Ricoh GXR. The ZM gets a little bit smeared at the edges and corners even stopped down at infinity, and I think that overall the CV is a better performer on the NEX-6 at the periphery stopped down. On the GXR the ZM is great out to the corners, so it seems to be at least in part a sensor issue. In the center the ZM is slightly technically better resolving throughout the range at the same apertures. The ZM retains more global contrast, and is much less susceptible to CA. The CV has a lot of bokeh green/magenta fringing that needs correction in Lightroom.

Ergonomically it's a pretty nice lens, very compact. I actually put 43-->46 and 46-->52 step up rings on it so I could use my CP filter and a Nikon pinch cap, and the rings function as a tiny rotective hood for the front element. Focus on my current copy is well damped. I had an issue develop after just over a year with the first copy of the lens, and Zeiss kindly replaced it with a new copy.

Ron Scheffler did a great comparison of 35mm lenses on an M9 to the Sony RX-1, you should check it out.



Cheers for that mate, i'll take a look. I was looking at the CV35 1.2 but it looks long and heavy. I'm going to be backpacking later this year so I think the CV15 and the ZM35/2.8 might be the perfect combo?



philber
Registered: May 21, 2008
Total Posts: 7357
Country: France

+1 for the ZM 35. A very good lens indeed for its size, and not overly expensive by Zeiss standards. Very detailed, clean, and with nice colours, but you may have to boost contrast just a bit in post, which is easy and gives a first class result.



joevain
Registered: Aug 29, 2012
Total Posts: 29
Country: United Kingdom

philber wrote:
+1 for the ZM 35. A very good lens indeed for its size, and not overly expensive by Zeiss standards. Very detailed, clean, and with nice colours, but you may have to boost contrast just a bit in post, which is easy and gives a first class result.


cheers Phil

The Biogon T* 35mm f/2 ZM seems to be in the same price range as the 2.8

Some decent looking reviews for it here, interesting choice the 2 or the 2.8

http://www.subtleimages.net/leica-m-35mm-lens-sharpness-comparison-in-studio/
http://bjorn-utpott.squarespace.com/2011/11/23/through-the-fog-again.html



philber
Registered: May 21, 2008
Total Posts: 7357
Country: France

joevain wrote:

The Biogon T* 35mm f/2 ZM seems to be in the same price range as the 2.8

Some decent looking reviews for it here, interesting choice the 2 or the 2.8

http://www.subtleimages.net/leica-m-35mm-lens-sharpness-comparison-in-studio/
http://bjorn-utpott.squarespace.com/2011/11/23/through-the-fog-again.html


Joe, to the best of my knowledge, the f:2.0 is about 35% more expensive than the f:2.8, as based ont he Zeiss webshop. I've had both. The f:2.0 is larger and heavier, it is not as easygoing as the f:2.8. OTOH, it is faster, and, when used properly, can yield higher IQ.



Phillip Reeve
Registered: Sep 17, 2011
Total Posts: 1420
Country: Germany









mawz
Registered: Sep 11, 2005
Total Posts: 7517
Country: Canada


The Turret by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, ZA E 24/1.8



alan_m
Registered: Jun 21, 2012
Total Posts: 231
Country: N/A

Wow, too much great stuff to mention over the past week.

Just back from a weekend in Barcelona, too busy for sight-seeing but managed a quick look at the Maritime Museum. NEX-F3 + SEL1628:


Maritime Museum of Barcelona by specularist, on Flickr



philber
Registered: May 21, 2008
Total Posts: 7357
Country: France

Sensational view, Alan!



michael49
Registered: Jun 09, 2006
Total Posts: 5388
Country: United States

plasticmotif wrote:
...

Tokina 90.


Very nice.



michael49
Registered: Jun 09, 2006
Total Posts: 5388
Country: United States

sebboh wrote:
....

a few from the 35 lux pre-asph on my way to the supermarket yesterday:
...


Love the tones and colors here.



1       2       3              540      
541
       542              697       698       end