NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/538

1       2       3              538      
539
       540              715       716       end

alwang
Registered: Sep 02, 2011
Total Posts: 1124
Country: United States

wfrank wrote:
Not the best flower shot in the world, nor the best flower or bokeh lens, the Voigtländer 15/4.5. But given the usual sloppy handheld shooting technique I embrace the crop turned out impressive. NEX 5N.



The near corners look pretty sharp in that shot too. I'm going to try to do a comparison this week between the CV15 and the Samyang 14/2.8 mounted on NEX. I'm curious whether the Samyang will give me anything to justify the massive size difference.



wfrank
Registered: Feb 09, 2011
Total Posts: 3217
Country: Sweden

alwang wrote:
The near corners look pretty sharp in that shot too. I'm going to try to do a comparison this week between the CV15 and the Samyang 14/2.8 mounted on NEX. I'm curious whether the Samyang will give me anything to justify the massive size difference.


From my experience the Samyang is superb on the Canon 5D2. But bad far corners on a FF. Put on the NEX I fail to get the same crystal pixel sharpness that the FF gives, but the edge sharpness is better simply because of the crop sensor size. But it has the speed the Voigt lacks, and in particular on FF it can do pleasing short DOF things that the Voigt doesnt come close to - but that advantage wont make me put the Samyang on the NEX as I have the Voigt now. Would be interesting to see your conclusions on the subject :-)

- - -

That bald eagle impresses Phillip. Very nice makes me think about getting something longer though I know I have trouble focusing the NEX even with a nice Jena 135.


Phillip Reeve wrote:
wfrank wrote:
Not the best flower shot in the world, nor the best flower or bokeh lens, the Voigtländer 15/4.5. But given the usual sloppy handheld shooting technique I embrace the crop turned out impressive. NEX 5N.

so, how do you like it so far?


I like it but it's not equivalent to a ZE 21/2.8 on an FF. The sharpest thing I've put on the NEX is the Contax G 21/2.8 - except that corners are beyond horrible - and the Voigt is nowhere near that. But it does what it does good. The size on a cam like the NEX 5N is unbeatable, a very neat combo. It's my first M-mount and l like the focusing thingy and it looks pretty cool on the cam if things like that counts :-)

Two more from a walk two hours ago. C&C welcome, overworked?

DSC02546 1280 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr

And a local motif I've tried with various lenses before:

DSC02538 1280 by Wilhelm Frank - Stockholm, on Flickr



sebboh
Registered: Nov 02, 2009
Total Posts: 12609
Country: United States

sweet birds phillip! any idea how the 200/4 compares to the earlier 200/3.5?

a show with the g28:




ISO1600
Registered: Jul 06, 2005
Total Posts: 5093
Country: United States


_DSC0835 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr


_DSC0816 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr


_DSC0822 by Chris.jpg, on Flickr

SOOC JPEG



alwang
Registered: Sep 02, 2011
Total Posts: 1124
Country: United States

Sony 35/1.8:


eden by alwang, on Flickr


hello there by alwang, on Flickr


ford tough by alwang, on Flickr



Phillip Reeve
Registered: Sep 17, 2011
Total Posts: 2278
Country: Germany

sebboh wrote:
sweet birds phillip! any idea how the 200/4 compares to the earlier 200/3.5?

I had one and liked it, but it was too bulky for my taste.
Optically i didn't compare them myself.

From what i read in a german Minolta forum the 3.5 seems to be a little weaker @f/3.5 than the 4 @f/4, stopped down they are quite similar. The 3.5 also has a longer focus throw.



ebookman
Registered: Jul 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1356
Country: United States

A few shots with Nex 5n and the G90 and CV15



joevain
Registered: Aug 29, 2012
Total Posts: 30
Country: United Kingdom

Alwang - Love the shot with the Jupiter-3, amazing.
Phil - Stunning set, those bird shots are incredible.
Seb - I can always tell without looking at the author which shots belong to you, love the fence shot.
Wfrank - Love the motif.



joevain
Registered: Aug 29, 2012
Total Posts: 30
Country: United Kingdom


Another from the BMW Museum in Munich. Well worth a visit if anyone is in the area.


Untitled by joevain, on Flickr



sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 2585
Country: Netherlands

wfrank wrote:

I like it but it's not equivalent to a ZE 21/2.8 on an FF. The sharpest thing I've put on the NEX is the Contax G 21/2.8 - except that corners are beyond horrible - and the Voigt is nowhere near that. But it does what it does good. The size on a cam like the NEX 5N is unbeatable, a very neat combo. It's my first M-mount and l like the focusing thingy and it looks pretty cool on the cam if things like that counts :-)

Two more from a walk two hours ago. C&C welcome, overworked?



In general I really like the way you process your images.
These are extremly sharp processed, may be a little to much, but I like it.
Would love to see your settings.

Michiel



sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 2585
Country: Netherlands

I thought this one was already processed a bit to sharp but now it looks it could use some more







sculptormic
Registered: Feb 05, 2012
Total Posts: 2585
Country: Netherlands

Strange gathering.







hashaama
Registered: Oct 13, 2008
Total Posts: 324
Country: United Kingdom

Got my NEX-6 about a week ago, enjoying it so far specially being able to carry it with almost everywhere, only shot JPG's so far and only have 16-50 kit lens yet. Here are a couple I shot.

Cheers
Hash

1 - My son enjoying a sunny day







2 -







taran
Registered: Mar 02, 2012
Total Posts: 824
Country: United States

The rain room... 7 w/pentax 110 24


nyc 5.17.131390 by artistwithlight, on Flickr



joanlvh
Registered: Oct 19, 2008
Total Posts: 1750
Country: United States

Samyang 8 mm fish



JimParsons
Registered: Jul 06, 2003
Total Posts: 217
Country: United States

wfrank wrote:


I like it but it's not equivalent to a ZE 21/2.8 on an FF. The sharpest thing I've put on the NEX is the Contax G 21/2.8 - except that corners are beyond horrible - and the Voigt is nowhere near that. But it does what it does good. The size on a cam like the NEX 5N is unbeatable, a very neat combo. It's my first M-mount and l like the focusing thingy and it looks pretty cool on the cam if things like that counts :-)



Yeah, that's how it starts- you pick up a CV 15 and like it. Then you get a killer deal on a CV 21 and like that as well. Before you know it you have the 12/15/21/28/35 & 50 CV LTM lenses and find yourself wondering "how did I get here?"



ebookman
Registered: Jul 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1356
Country: United States

Two images with one of my least used lenses the Contax G90. It really is a great lens.



photoomaha
Registered: Feb 14, 2005
Total Posts: 499
Country: United States

Shot this Saturday with the Nex 7 and 35mm 1.8 lens. I believe this was around f/2.8? Really have been enjoying this wedding season shooting all Nex. Much easier on my back!



wfrank
Registered: Feb 09, 2011
Total Posts: 3217
Country: Sweden

sculptormic wrote:
In general I really like the way you process your images.
These are extremly sharp processed, may be a little to much, but I like it.
Would love to see your settings.

Michiel


Thanks so much Michiel. I see what you mean now, in particular the 2nd is oversharpened. I often fail to see that when editing. For settings I use resize scripts found here at FM with a little tweaking. For the image itself I dont have any special flow, but add contrast in several levels plus some dodge & burn (not that much usually) + often a faint vignette. FWIW the goal is to get closer to my perception of the actual scene as I find images SOOC look flat in comparison.

ps. I dont find your image oversharpened :-)



wfrank
Registered: Feb 09, 2011
Total Posts: 3217
Country: Sweden

JimParsons wrote:
Yeah, that's how it starts- you pick up a CV 15 and like it. Then you get a killer deal on a CV 21 and like that as well. Before you know it you have the 12/15/21/28/35 & 50 CV LTM lenses and find yourself wondering "how did I get here?"


Heh. For a while more I am stuck with Zeiss in the FF DSLR swamp but who knows what happens next year :-)



1       2       3              538      
539
       540              715       716       end