NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/527

1       2       3              527      
       529              703       704       end

Dawud
Total Posts: 120

In November I bought a Nex 5N with the Sony discount. I was already a long time intrigued with these small little camera's and with this discount I just got it.
I really like to travel and take pictures, but I always found it annoying to bring my big camera with me.
So, over the last few years my travel setup went from a 5D + 24-105 to a 550D + 15-85. Because of winter time, I really didn't use the NEX and was challanged for my next trip what to bring: the canon, which I like or the nex, which I don't know, but the few shots I made didn't gave me confident. I went with the Nex.

Conclusion:
- I'm normally a jpg only guy, but I shoot raw with the nex because I don't like the OOC. The AWB of the canon is much better
- I really love the compact size and 0 weight.
- The lack of 50 buttons is not an issue for me. I shoot in A and only need to control my F and exposure. Sometimes I need to change the ISO, but that's rare
- The kitlens is ok I guess, but I'm used to better. Sony needs to make a very good standard zoom.
- Shooting without a viewfinder is (for me) slower and sometimes difficult with heavy sunshine
- I won't be selling my Canon gear just yet.

So here are some photo's of Cuba. (Upload to Flickr seems to changed my photo's :s)

Havana:

Dawud

Dawud

Trinidad:

Dawud

Dawud

Vinales:

Dawud

taran
Total Posts: 387

@Dawud, those images are awesome. Cuba is so close and yet so far for me, I can only hope I can capture it like you did if I go. Thanks for sharing.

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

Nice set Dawud. I really liked the bell tower in Trinidad and the interesting apartment building in Havana.

Sebboh's wide open shots with the Lux inspired me to take a few impromtu portraits with the Nokton 40. Here's one of them, wide open.

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Dawud, nice set(s); I love the cigar smoker. Did you know you can choose different Creative Settings for JPG (Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Sunset etc) plus within each you have Options for contrast/saturation/sharpness?

Canon FDn 35/2:

Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland by specularist, on Flickr

Nex Barker
Total Posts: 80

@ jacob d: wonderful picture. Like that Voigtländer-Look very much !

In Bloom

mawz
Total Posts: 8161

Little Pig by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, some Nikon-mount lens, not sure which.

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1388

Highfive, I too really like your picture of the pine limb with snow, I really appreciate this forum. I wanted to mention to you that the Voigt 15 is another great wide angle lens for the Nex. thanks

carstenw
Total Posts: 15874

Mawz, that is a great little pig shot! Why does it make me think of ginger snaps?

VaughnA
Total Posts: 88

Way out of my comfort zone. My normal motto is 'I don't do people' and my wife and I don't have kids. The last time I babysat a kid solo for more than 5 minutes was my little sister about 30 years ago. Tonight I took her daughter to the Girl Scouts 'Father Daughter Dance'. She's a single mom so Uncle Vaughn had to do. I had a smile the whole night watching her with her friends on the dance floor.

All with the Sigma 30, the best value of any lens I've bought.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

fantastic images on the last couple pages! i've been away for a few days and am just getting a chance to look at them all now.

a few more from the 35 lux:

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 5204

I'm liking these 35lux shots Derek. Which version do you own?

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

Gary Clennan wrote:
I'm liking these 35lux shots Derek. Which version do you own?

thanks! i don't own it, i borrowed brad's. i've almost convinced myself i don't want to buy one for myself... it's the pre-asph version, 319 are the first digits of the serial number. i've heard conflicting stories about whether there are actually different versions optically, but if there are it seems this would be the later version.

nicoimages
Total Posts: 147

CV 15mm Heliar wide open at f4.5

mawz

carstenw wrote:
Mawz, that is a great little pig shot! Why does it make me think of ginger snaps?

Thanks, and now that you mention it, the texture on the pig reminds me of ginger snaps as well.

mawz

The Fence by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, Tamron SP 90/2.5 Macro Adaptall-2

1       2       3              527      
       529              703       704       end