NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/525

1       2       3              525      
       527              715       716       end

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

These are experimental shots using the Fotodiox Macro Focusing Helicoid Adapter with the Zeiss C Biogen 2.8/35 lens in macro mode. The aperture was between F8 and 11 and the Macro was set at maximum magnification.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 2585

ebookman, I like what I see from your C-Biogon 35. So crisp. I think I like it even better then the the Biogon 35/2. And smaller too. A gem, I think.

ebookman

sculptormic wrote:
ebookman, I like what I see from your C-Biogon 35. So crisp. I think I like it even better then the the Biogon 35/2. And smaller too. A gem, I think.

Thanks for your comment. I feel the same way. The size is ideal and the lens is incredibly sharp. It really shows what it can do in macro mode. The difficulty in these shots with the macro adapter is, of course, critical focus. I can't really be sure of critical focus until PP. I might solve the problem with a little patience using a tripod and the magnified view which is almost impossible for me to use hand-held.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 2278

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Yet another great page. Despite all the criticism, I've seen plenty of good shots from the SEL3035 macro!

Vivitar (Komine, MD mount) 28/2 Close Focus:

Currach, Cork Harbour by specularist, on Flickr

Currachs, Cork Harbour by specularist, on Flickr

Currach, Cork Harbour by specularist, on Flickr

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1579

Indeed, nice macro shots Phillip!

joakim
Total Posts: 2155

Two more from Rome, the last one at ISO 3200 and I am quite impressed with what the NEX 6 delivers at that ISO.

nicoimages
Total Posts: 341

outstanding images from everyone on this (557) page - spring has FINALLY arrived in London

CV15mm NEX6

Sigma 19mm

Tamron 90mm SP Di

Tamron 90mm SP Di

alwang
Total Posts: 1124

Yet more CV15: it's been pretty hard to take this lens off my camera lately.

bloom focus by alwang, on Flickr

ebookman

Nex 5N with Fotodiox Macro Focusing Helicoid Adapter and Zeiss C Biogen 2.8/35

philber
Total Posts: 9313

ebookman, your lovely shots with the C-Biogon remind me of how much I loved that lens. It having been stolen from me, and based on the very positive opinion of some learned members here, I bought the larger f:2.0 sibling. I have never however developped the sort of love for it that I had for the C-Biogon. It may just be the better lens, speed aside. And you make a powerful case for it!

Phillip Reeve

philber
Total Posts: 9313

Joakim, your last 2 pictures from Rome are just what I'd liek to be able to do -but can't! Well done!
Phillip, your flower pics from this page as well as from the previous one ar yet more examples of fine reevian quality. Great stuff!

ebookman

Phillip, the back lighting on the wet foliage is impressive.

partitura
Total Posts: 385

Yeah, Phillip, the lighting on those is really magnificent - particularly the third one.

tranhtn
Total Posts: 54

a friend asked me to do a few product shots for her business merchandise

nex5n, cheapo nikkor 50/1.8 af-d, basic extension tubes, lightpainted with a small led torch

Phillip Reeve

philber wrote:
Phillip, your flower pics from this page as well as from the previous one are yet more examples of fine reevian quality. Great stuff!

reevian, i like that , too bad reeve isn't my real surname

thanks @ebookman and partitura

alwang
Total Posts: 1124

Hi Phillip, if I recall correctly, didn't you used to have some sort of Rokkor long macro? How would you compare them for these sort of shots?

Phillip Reeve

alwang wrote:
Hi Phillip, if I recall correctly, didn't you used to have some sort of Rokkor long macro? How would you compare them for these sort of shots?

i have got a Minolta MD 100/4 Macro

MF operation with the E 30/3.5 is a pain in the a**, you have to turn the focus ring forever to get anywere and the camera magnifies the image automatically which is ok for finetuning but annoying most of the time.
IQ is great for macro use, lots of contrast, nice colors and bokeh (-onion rings). Corners are lousy when shooting landscapes even @f/9.

I find it much easier to get sharp flower images with the 30/3.5 because of the shorter focal length plus i like to have some background in the image.

So i prefer to focus with the Minolta and could use it for insects and landscapes while the 30/3.5 is great for flower stuff.

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Beautiful shots Phillip. The specular highlights in the first are a bit wierd - typically oval towards the edges, but some are round and others hexagonal-ish in the center? Did you somehow combine two shots or something or is the SEL3035 aperture not quite round wide open? But no offence intended, it's a gorgeous shot regardless!

A few from last year I just found lying around, old NEX-5 + Olympus OM 50/1.8:

Motorbike by specularist, on Flickr

Blossom by specularist, on Flickr

Leaves by specularist, on Flickr

Flower by specularist, on Flickr

1       2       3              525      
       527              715       716       end