Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4931

A few from a recent trip to NYC
-Jim

NEX 7 / Vivitar 13

NEX 7 / Photex T/S

uscmatt99
Total Posts: 552

Some photos from the Phoenix Zoo. NEX-6, Voigtlander 90/3.5 SL-II, all at f/3.5 or f/5.6

uscmatt99

alwang wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you very much Matt for the very important info. I will be getting the Voigtlander adapter since the dealer is just a couple of blocks from where I live. I hope my 35/2 will have less color shift than the 35/2.8 due to the less compact design, but I may be wrong on this one.

I'd definitely recommend getting one of the M adapters with a focusing helicoid, like the Hawk's adapter. The Hawk's is built quite well, and the improvement in MFD really opens up how you can use rangefinder lenses.

I got a Hawk's knock-off on ebay. It was around $35 USD, and the build is terrible. All thin aluminum, very loosey-goosey as the helicoid extends out to the point there was wobble. It was a springless friction mount, and I also made the mistake of rotating the lens the wrong way to get it off, such that the lens mount dug into the aluminum and scraped off the black paint. That said, it was really cool seeing what the ZM25/2.8 could do with close focus. The detail was ridiculous. I'm considering going all in and getting a Hawk's.

mawz
Total Posts: 9150

Private Property by Mawz, on Flickr
NEX-7, ZA E 24/1.8

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

uscmatt99 wrote:
alwang wrote:
edwardkaraa wrote:
Thank you very much Matt for the very important info. I will be getting the Voigtlander adapter since the dealer is just a couple of blocks from where I live. I hope my 35/2 will have less color shift than the 35/2.8 due to the less compact design, but I may be wrong on this one.

I'd definitely recommend getting one of the M adapters with a focusing helicoid, like the Hawk's adapter. The Hawk's is built quite well, and the improvement in MFD really opens up how you can use rangefinder lenses.

I got a Hawk's knock-off on ebay. It was around $35 USD, and the build is terrible. All thin aluminum, very loosey-goosey as the helicoid extends out to the point there was wobble. It was a springless friction mount, and I also made the mistake of rotating the lens the wrong way to get it off, such that the lens mount dug into the aluminum and scraped off the black paint. That said, it was really cool seeing what the ZM25/2.8 could do with close focus. The detail was ridiculous. I'm considering going all in and getting a Hawk's.

Matt, nice cacti. The Voigt 90 is a super sharp little lens. Was the adapater you got by any chance the "L.M.E." one? I have been doing some research on it and have heard some similar comments.

alwang
Total Posts: 1124

sebboh wrote:
g28:

This one cracks me up. My 20-month-old would be doing less studying and more gobbling.

ISO1600
Total Posts: 5097

Barker, that running dude shot is awesome!

uscmatt99

Jacob D wrote:
Matt, nice cacti. The Voigt 90 is a super sharp little lens. Was the adapater you got by any chance the "L.M.E." one? I have been doing some research on it and have heard some similar comments.

Thanks Jacob. The one I bought can be found on eBay searching by "NEX Leica helicoid", seller is cardany_chan. I'm much happier with the build of my Fotodiox Pro (non-helicoid). It works well with all of my lenses, and I can just about rely on the hard infinity stop at f/5.6. It does have a big release tab which bumps up against my finger, but at least the edges are smooth and polished.

taran
Total Posts: 824

Pentax 110 24mm:

delray 4.14.130666 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

delray 4.14.130769 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

ebookman
Total Posts: 1356

These shots were taken today with my 135mm F3.5 Zeiss Jena on a Nex 5n. I was never happy with this lens on a Sony SLT A77. Since I moved totally to NEX, I am slowly adding adapters and trying out some of my old lenses. I can't explain it but the lens seems sharper on the Nex.

Jgreene11
Total Posts: 216

Just posted a SLR magic 35mm T.14 for NEX mount if anyone is interested. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1205814

sculptormic
Total Posts: 2588

With the 100 Trioplan.

alwang
Total Posts: 1124

G28:

low tide by alwang, on Flickr

CV15:

root system by alwang, on Flickr

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1750

great images on this page, thanks

Nex 7 + canon FDN 35mm tilt and shift

CronoDL
Total Posts: 179

This one was taken with a NEX-5N and 16mm 2.8. I had no tripod, so I held it against the window. It took many tries to get one without too much camera shake and had decent trails of light.

I Miss Sunsets by DannyLamNYC, on Flickr

nicoimages
Total Posts: 341

crono & taran great images :-)

NEX6 with CV 15mm

uscmatt99

Nice images everyone. Michiel, awesome use of the Meyer Trioplan!

NEX-6, ZM35/2.8 C-Biogon at a train museum in Scottsdale AZ

sebboh
Total Posts: 12611

very nice looking shots of the old machine shop! i always have trouble controlling oof highlights in those situations.

here's a few from the g45:

xbarcelo
Total Posts: 661

I really like the first two, Derek!

1       2       3              522      
       524              684       685       end