NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/514

1       2       3              514      
       516              697       698       end

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

^ Great light on that first one!

I have a few stitched pano's from a Yosemite hike I did a few weeks ago. These were shot on a friend's NEX 5 with my CV 40/1.4. She gave me the jpeg's just recently. First stitch is about 100 mp. The second two are about 40-50 mp.

Last one, not a stitch

LightShow
Total Posts: 4916

I'm trying out a new host, http://www.ipernity.com and you can upload just about anything, pdf, mp3, xls...
(Flickr is too limiting with 200 pics as a limit)

A show n shine in AZ. (7 & OM 21/3.5)

The RAW conversion of a pic I posted before:
Another AZ sunset, at a Show n Shine.(7 & OM 21/3.5)

The SOOC shot I posted before:

The RAW conversion:
Arizona sunset(7 & Leica 28/2.8 Elmarit)

The SOOC shot I posted before:

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/266830/home/photo

joanlvh
Total Posts: 1283

jacob D, wow to stitched photos

Minolta 58mm wide open, this is interesting cuz it is as advertised, soft wide open with nice background.

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Nice shots Jacob & joanlvh!

Lightshow - I don't see a huge difference in the RAW conversions at these sizes, it seems like the subtle shadow-lightening could be made to the JPGs. But once you get hooked on RAW it's hard to give the control back to the camera!

I'm going to have to force myself to use something other than the Canon FDn 35/2, as I'm using nothing else since I got it. But before I do:

Enoki mushrooms by specularist, on Flickr

Spicy roast duck, Hoi-sin sauce, raw vegetables and home-made pancakes by specularist, on Flickr

Abbot's Alehouse, Cork, Ireland by specularist, on Flickr

Shandon Boat Club, Marina, Cork, Ireland by specularist, on Flickr

LightShow
Total Posts: 4916

alan_m wrote:
Nice shots Jacob & joanlvh!

Lightshow - I don't see a huge difference in the RAW conversions at these sizes, it seems like the subtle shadow-lightening could be made to the JPGs. But once you get hooked on RAW it's hard to give the control back to the camera!

I mainly wanted the shadows lifted vs. what the jpg's look like, it is nice to know I can get close to what I like sooc if I take my time with the settings, it really helps when the liveview simulation is accurate.

I'm going to have to force myself to use something other than the Canon FDn 35/2, as I'm using nothing else since I got it. But before I do:

I know what you mean, the SSC 24/2.8 was glued to my 7 for a long time, my Elmarit M 28 seems to be hogging the spotlight the most these days, and my OM's mostly rule the night.

taran
Total Posts: 360

Really liking those panos jacob.

Nikkor 400mm 3.5 Ai-s, C3...

Got a new cheap adapter for $10 on eBay, and it's a lot tighter than my old one, quite happy.

wak 1.29.133580 by artistwithlight, on Flickr
cattle, full mating

wak 1.29.133778 by artistwithlight, on Flickr
great egret, full mating

wak 1.29.133526 by artistwithlight, on Flickr
baby gbh

VaughnA
Total Posts: 88

Not a spectacular photo by any means but it blew me away. It was my first shot with a MF lens and adapter and I was shocked at how easy it is. Stopping down is easy since the viewfinder compensates and the peaking makes focus extremely easy. I normally shoot by moving focus points on my dslr and this is just as fast for focusing. This is from an old Pentax A28 2.8 lens borrowed from a friend.

Pawn shops will be visited this weekend...

My wife likes lizards... SOOC

mortyb
Total Posts: 1361

5n + Nikkor 105/2.5 Ais.

Jacob D

taran wrote:

wak 1.29.133526 by artistwithlight, on Flickr
baby gbh

Great capture, Taran!!

ebookman
Total Posts: 608

Playing with a Pepper Mill.

I know this is not art but it was an interesting test for me with a lens I seldom use.
I wanted to accomplish three goals in this experiment with a Nex 5n and a Minolta 58mm 1.2 lens.

1. get as close to the object as the lens would allow.
2. limit the focal depth to just the crank and the cap of the pepper grinder
3.shoot at an angle which would increase the blur, and hopefully the pop, in the upper half of the frame

The aperture setting required was f:/3.5. I like the precise control of the DOF and I like the results which might be applied to more interesting subjects if it ever stops raining here. I hope to use this lens more but it is like holding a brick on a little Nex 5n.

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4802

Ebookman,
I like the simplicity of your shot.I think it would look very nice isolated on a black background.
Jim

ebookman
Total Posts: 608

Jim

I actually thought of you when I looked through the viewfinder at this lonely object. I think you are on to something good. I was also thinking about using a black background but I wanted to see the the background gradation and get a sense of how the lens was functioning.

Ray Still
Total Posts: 8134

A couple of Leaf takeaways from today Nex 7 with Sony 30mm Macro Lens

Ray Still

Tarocco
Total Posts: 171

Great shots everyone! A couple with the G28:

sebboh
Total Posts: 10063

Jacob D wrote:
taran wrote:
baby gbh

Great capture, Taran!!

+1

i'd forgotten how ugly baby herons are.

one more heron with the leica R 350mm:

Jacob D

Aww, he's (or she's) not ugly, he's just got a lot of character! I really like the legs perspective with Mom's legs in the shot.

I was running in a quiet farmland area by my home a couple weeks ago and a huge GBH swooped right in front of me when I ran by. Somehow I think we surprised eachother, the bird started squaking at me like I ruined his morning or sumthin

Here's a set from the Lick Observatory shot with 5N. I used the 24/1.8 for most of these. A few were taken with the CV15.

Paul Yi
Total Posts: 5262

My brother asked me to buy Nex for him...

I have used nex-5N before, but I'd like to get him either Nex-6 or nex-7.

which is a better one....?
For a casual snaps and travel....

freaklikeme
Total Posts: 5562

Sounds like the higher resolution of the 7 wouldn't be necessary, Paul, so unless there's a compelling reason for your brother to have the tri-nav wheels, I'd go with the 6.

Phillip Reeve
Total Posts: 1424

sebboh wrote:
i'd forgotten how ugly baby herons are.

one more heron with the leica R 350mm:

meanwhile in Germany:

Jacob D wrote
Here's a set from the Lick Observatory shot with 5N. I used the 24/1.8 for most of these. A few were taken with the CV15.

hehe, i was reading the site from the bottom up an knew those pictures were yours after the third one, typical contrast, color and saturation. nice set btw.

mortyb
Total Posts: 1361

Nice set, Jacob.

Contax G 28/2.8

Nikon 105/2.5 Ais

1       2       3              514      
       516              697       698       end