Total Posts: 10281

i actually used my NEX-3 today.

pen f42/1.2:

g28:

apparently SF doesn't have an autumn.

and one from the NEX-7 + leica R 350:

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4809

sebboh- love the bird shot with the leica.
-Jim

NEX 7 / Vivitar 13

coloured
Total Posts: 52

Thanks Freak and alan - I really do appreciate the comments, in fact its one of the main reason I post here is to try to better my photos
Coloured - a couple of minor dust spots & sharpened chroma noise in that otherwise beautiful shot? (Sorry if I seem to be pointing out flaws a lot lately - it's certainly not related to my own skill levels. I'd hope that mine would be pointed out to me if I'd missed them!)

How is this now? I have reduced the contrast a little and played with the clarity and sharpening, I lost a bit of detail, but I think it looks a bit better - is there anything else I could do here? I would really like to try to make this image perfect

partitura
Total Posts: 321

Thanks, Philippe and sebboh!

On this page - sebboh, the shot with the Leica 350 is amazing.

philber
Total Posts: 7428

Jaw-dropping stuff, as ever, Phllip. Though I am not a big fan of the bokeh in the last one. But it is mre than made up by the "you-are-there-ness" of the second one.
Are you a firefighter, photoomaha? Nice shot, too! And congrats on your new camera.
Great bird shot, Sebboh. Your ability with this lens just makes me go green with envy.
Coloured, at the expense of being the odd-one-out, I preferred the shot as it was. Yes it wasn't perfect, but, to me, it had more character than this version. Hope you aren't offended, because it is meant as a constructive compliment.

philber
Total Posts: 7428

A couple from my trip to lovely Saint Malo. Incidentally, the number of fine restaurants is staggering, if one knows where to go! Summlux 50 on NEX 7 The second one shows the benefit of using a helicoid adapter (Hawk's)

_DSC0012-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr

_DSC0001-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Amazing shots from mcbroomf, sebboh, Philip Reeve, MRosth, Jim Schemel, philber over the past couple of pages; hard to keep track!

The ram (how did you get so close AND position that sun!?) & broom shots are fantastic.

Maybe a shadows boost (pseudo-fill flash after the fact!) on the shell in the foam might knock an already great shot out of the park?

Coloured - that looks improved to me. I'm amazed at philber preferring the original, but there you go, we've all got an opinion! I would happily sacrifice a little sharpness in this for cleaning up the moiré patterns on the sand & chroma noise in the sky, which I found instantly distracting in the original, and still there in the second one. Would be interesting to see the RAW if you have it & can make it available? (pm me if you want to take it off-line, though be warned, I'm no expert and may not do as good a job as you've done already!)

Alan

eosfun
Total Posts: 2120

philber wrote:
A couple from my trip to lovely Saint Malo. Incidentally, the number of fine restaurants is staggering, if one knows where to go! Summlux 50 on NEX 7 .....

_DSC0012-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr

Do I recognize a point of view from Dinard? Near the Barrage de la Rance? Anyway, St. Malo is a great place for photographers, and the way you make photographs you are an ambassador of France. Thx for sharing!

FlyPenFly
Total Posts: 6396

C3 with a tiny tiny tiny Jobu tripod.

eosfun
Total Posts: 2120

Jea, I guess Prague, Charles bridge? Great picture of a beautiful city at night THX for sharing!

bigkidneys
Total Posts: 1001

^^^^^ Yep, that's def Prague Castle lit up in the background. Plenty of awesome places there to get shots. There is a really cool cemetery there near the river that has some amazing crypts and statues. A couple of really cool bars that are actually old cellars that would make some really cool pictures but given what goes on down there (Gogo dancing) photography isn't much appreciated lol...

FlyPenFly

Hey folks. Indeed Prague!

I'll post a thread once I go over all my images.

I recently did Prague and Amsterdam on my OM-D and NEX systems.

Edit:

In other news, always nice to see a humble C3 photo blown up large...

Original:

alan_m
Total Posts: 231

Nice city-scapes!

More humble NEX-5 + FDn 35/2:

Autumn leaves by specularist, on Flickr

My nephew:

Emmett by specularist, on Flickr

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4809

NEX 7 / Leica Summaron 35
-Jim

Mescalamba
Total Posts: 3065

FlyPenFly

Nice pic of Charles bridge, good spot for making that photo.

How you liked Prague?

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

Jae, that cityscape is a beaut. Great use of the cool and warm contrasting lights.

Jacob D
Total Posts: 1757

I have been processing more than shooting lately. Been in a monochrome sort of mood. Went out yesterday and grabbed a few. Still using my beloved 5N. First two - Nokton 40, last CV15

FlyPenFly

I find #1 the strongest, nice sepia processing.

photoomaha
Total Posts: 347

The images on this page are incredible! Great work here and it just shows that it really isn't the 'camera' anymore that is the limiting factor for great images. Obviously the Nex system can deliver, now it is up to us!! And by the looks of things, you guys are rocking.

taran
Total Posts: 368

Nikkor 300 4.5 Ai-s

delray 11.19.120961 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

delray 11.19.120953 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

1       2       3              476      
       478              699       700       end