NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/2

1       2      
       4              699       700       end

burningheart
Total Posts: 2399

Andrew am I correct your Voigtlander 12mm is the M mount and not the SL (F mount) version?

What adapter do you use?

Andrew Gough
Total Posts: 2061

I have three adapters in the M-Emount. I shimmed two of them to reach infinity, the third is very close. I will be putting them up for sale today as I have a GH2 arriving.

My 12mm is the screw mount with an M adapter on it. I went with the screw mount so that I could attach filters to it.

Let me know if you are looking for adapters, as I have a bunch...

akul
Total Posts: 1611

For those who may be interested in how NEX's size would be when attaching ZF lens. Image of NEX with ZF35 + Novoflex, sitting next to ZF21 + D700

corposant
Total Posts: 2780

Andrew Gough wrote:
NEX & ZM18mm mostly F/8-11

Hmm, both the ZM 18mm and ZM 25mm are on my local CL board at pretty good prices...

corposant

sebboh wrote:
a few from the much maligned 16mm (i'm not really a huge fan either, but mine is decent for the price):

Cool shots, sebboh, but you have some pretty noticeable spots you may want to clone out (or get a sensor/lens cleaning)...

sebboh
Total Posts: 10278

corposant wrote:
Cool shots, sebboh, but you have some pretty noticeable spots you may want to clone out (or get a sensor/lens cleaning)...

yeah, old shot. i noticed those right after i uploaded and was too lazy to reupload after cloning them out. some of the others had a few too, i just noticed those in time. i do seem to be getting quite a bit of dust on my sensor with the NEX. does anybody have any suggestions for cheap and safe sensor cleaning solutions? in the past i've either had someone else clean it for me or never needed to clean the sensor (yay olympus).

wyan
Total Posts: 1044

Rumors has it that the Zeiss lens for NEX will be a 24/1.7. I hope its image quality is at least an equal to ZM25.

A few from the ZM25 and NEX5 combo.

mnscott
Total Posts: 258

wyan wrote:
Rumors has it that the Zeiss lens for NEX will be a 24/1.7. I hope its image quality is at least an equal to ZM25.

A few from the ZM25 and NEX5 combo.

These are excellent, wyan! Not just technically speaking, either - fascinating subjects also.

Although I love using Nikkor's on the NEX-5, images from Zeiss lenses like your ZM25 are really tempting me to look in that direction.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Wyan - +1 to mnscott. Great photos. Did you use cornerfix, or you have not had the need for it with ZM25 ?

wyan
Total Posts: 1044

Thanks, Scott. Thanks Akul. No need for my copy.

mnscott
Total Posts: 258

Here's one shot about an hour ago. Turns out the Nikon 50/1.4 AF-D makes a nice doggie portrait lens on the NEX-5!

philber
Total Posts: 7428

Delightful set, wyan! The first and one before last are my faves.

corposant

I have noticed more people shooting with the NEX 5 vs. the 3 - any reason why (video aside...)? The NEX 3 looks to be pretty capable.

douglasf13
Total Posts: 5986

I choose the NEX-5 mostly because of the magnesium body and the IR remote option. There isn't a remote release option for the NEX-3, wired or wireless.

Lotusm50
Total Posts: 6228

corposant wrote:
I have noticed more people shooting with the NEX 5 vs. the 3 - any reason why (video aside...)? The NEX 3 looks to be pretty capable.

Smaller and lighter, strong and solid magnesium alloy construction, tilt-able LCD, higher video spec, ability to use wireless remote. All worth the additional $100 to me.

sebboh

corposant wrote:

i chose the NEX-3 because it was more than $150 cheaper for me (the big reason), i actually prefer mp4 and 720p for my video needs and it seemed like it might fit in a pocket better without a lens (smaller grip). the only thing i miss is ir remote capability - shooting in bulb mode is impossible with the NEX-3.

corposant

sebboh wrote:
shooting in bulb mode is impossible with the NEX-3.

because you have to physically hold the shutter release open? that must be a nightmare.

sebboh

corposant wrote:
sebboh wrote:
shooting in bulb mode is impossible with the NEX-3.

because you have to physically hold the shutter release open? that must be a nightmare.

yup

philber
Total Posts: 7428

Versailles' Trianon gardens, after sunset. Nex 5 and Zeiss ZM 35C Biogon f:2.8.
Incidentally, I purchased for this camera a very light and cheap tripod. That lets me shoot inplaces where my 5D II and large tripod would definitely be forbidden...

corposant

philber (or anyone), Can you spot meter with alternative lenses?

1       2      
       4              699       700       end