NEX Images Thread
/forum/topic/969329/0

2       3              702       703       end

Andrew Gough
Total Posts: 2080

In an effort to consolidate the threads, post your images here...

MarkWeston
Total Posts: 146

Nice photos of Hong Kong Andrew. Here is one from Santa Monica, California. NEX-5, Zeiss ZM 35 f2.0

corndog
Total Posts: 4110

That first shot at the top, I don't think my camera would have handled that so well, is the NEX-5 known for good dynamic range? Was there any pp?

Sam N
Total Posts: 1264

It is an overcast day and the sky is still blown out. That's nothing any other current APS-C sensor couldn't do. It is a nice shot, though, and well exposed.

The colors on the 2nd 28mm Skopar shot are very nice.

philber
Total Posts: 7518

It is not always the NEX's fault if shots aren't that sharp, despite a Zeiss lens...
Whew, sharpness issues seem to have gone away...

dpap1978
Total Posts: 264

philber: would you say that the zm35mmf2.8 is as sharp at infinity as it is at medium distances?

Andrew Gough

corndog wrote:
That first shot at the top, I don't think my camera would have handled that so well, is the NEX-5 known for good dynamic range? Was there any pp?

The shots were all processed through corner fix to remove color issues. Then I ran them through my usual PP process. I am finding that he NEX files do have a little headroom to reclaim blown highlights somewhat. They are nowhere near my 1ds2 files, but given what the camera is, I think that they are quite good.

Personally, is was a real pleasure to carry the NEX and a few small lenses for the day. I know that my back sure appreciated it

I have shots with the ZM18mm that I'll post later today, once I have built the corner fix profile.

Gary Clennan
Total Posts: 5157

Thanks for starting this thread Andrew. Here are a few I have handy with ZF25...

Gary Clennan

And the first two with the kit 16mm, second two with ZF50MP:

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

a few wide open shots with the pen f 42/1.2 on a NEX-3:

Gary Clennan

Very nice Sebboh! Would you be able to post a pic of that lens mounted on the NEX? I am seriously considering picking one up...

philber

Lovely pics with the ZF 25, Gary!

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

thanks, the lens is definitely not a pancake (or lightweight) but it is noticeably smaller and better balanced on the NEX than any slr 50mm i've tried. i posted some more shots from and of the lens on the "mirrorless alt thread". it is by far my most used lens on the NEX. a couple shots of it on the camera:

philber

dpap1978 wrote:
philber: would you say that the zm35mmf2.8 is as sharp at infinity as it is at medium distances?

dpap, I am not a sharpness fiend, and not into 100% crops of corners wide open. I have a simple sharpness test which is pretty close to what pictures I take most: I take a picture with a lot of details and colours from close up to very distant objects (infinity starts well before things get very distant, and I am interested in what happens all the way through, not only where infinity starts. Then I look at a 100% crop of the centre. If it looks "almost" as sharp as though it were not a crop, that is sharp enough for me.
Does the NEX + Biogon 35C pass this test? Definitely. Though, in terms of rendition, it looks more like a ZE/ZF 50/85 f:1.4 than like an MP lens. Details are subtly integrated rather than highlighted.
I did one such example today for you. Please forgive the total lack of artistic merit. Aperture was f:8.0.

dpap1978
Total Posts: 264

that looks pretty damn good to me!

akul
Total Posts: 1611

Great everyone.

I just was too curious not to try out. Here are shots with Nikkor 24-70 f2/8 G with NEX.

akul
Total Posts: 1611

NEX + ZF35 ( Pardon for some overlap with other thread )

Andrew Gough

Great stuff, keep them coming! Anybody got some zm 25mm samples?

philber

Love your bench, door, fence and railing shots, akul!

Gary Clennan

philber wrote:
Lovely pics with the ZF 25, Gary!

Thanks Philber!

2       3              702       703       end