there we go thank you

!!!
I want to buy that bottle!!

Sgt93
Total Posts: 1117

abam wrote:
$1679? nice snag.

love this lens.

Shipped! A great deal. I know he raised the price to $1699 and took away the free ship but still a great deal. I was very fortunate to get that deal.

euua
Total Posts: 1794

I going to ask around the office where they got it

If there is one more like that I will ship it to you

DavidM5 wrote:
euua wrote:
Why it wont let me post it

there we go thank you

!!!
I want to buy that bottle!!

Sgt93

I know some of the Hallmark stores carry these as my wife bought me one that says "Big boys toy fund"

Sgt93

UPS guy just arrived

ibcj
Total Posts: 410

Sgt93 wrote:
UPS guy just arrived

Interested to hear your impressions.

Sgt93

I have only taken a few quick sample shots with it so far as I wanted to make sure it was spot on. What I can say is that I really like the focal length so far. I take more pics of the family than anything else so it is very useful. I don't have to touch the lens to their noses like I do with the 24 1.4G when I want to get close . I'm looking forward to comparison shots on a tripod of the 24, 35 and 85 to see where each lens prevails. I hope to do this soon with my D3s. I will post more when I get some more time. Will I sell one or the other? Who knows. I don't plan on it as they each have their ideal place. Only time will tell.

senna4ever
Total Posts: 1319

Just some sample shots with a Canon 5DmkII + 35mm f1.4L and a Nikon D3x + 35mm f1.4G:

Canon 5DmkII: 1/200sec, f1.4, 200 ISO

Nikon D3x: 1/100sec, f1.4, 100 ISO

carstenw
Total Posts: 14905

Quite similar rendering. I slightly prefer the Nikkor. This isn't a real test though, so get cracking!

Shaun Nyc
Total Posts: 392

yes, enough of 35L jabber, the myth has been busted

senna4ever

I much prefer the Nikon's smoother bokeh too. Sharpness at 100% is about the same for both lenses, unlike the differences between the 85L and new Nikon 85mm F1.4G.

brett maxwell
Total Posts: 1549

Interesting. The Nikon exposure if brighter, I wonder if that's the camera, the lens, or changing cloud cover?

senna4ever

brett maxwell wrote:
Interesting. The Nikon exposure if brighter, I wonder if that's the camera, the lens, or changing cloud cover?

I'm not sure... The shots were taken within 2 minutes of each other, and as far as I can recall, the lighting didn't change.

mshi
Total Posts: 3014

Perhaps some EV bias setting was on?

Shaun Nyc
Total Posts: 392

looks like they metered differently, nikon spot/canon matrix ?

Bruce Sawle
Total Posts: 4129

Shaun Nyc wrote:
looks like they metered differently, nikon spot/canon matrix ?

My experience with Canon the metering is not as good. They tend to underexpose 1/3 to 2/3 i always had to dial in a + exposure compensation to save the shadows.

Brody LeBlanc
Total Posts: 1008

hey guys, so i've had the 34mm f1.4 for a little while now. awesome lens, i've been shooting everything at 1.4 just because i can and i almost always get totally usable results. it's so refreshing to go back to a 1.4 wide prime if you've been use to a f/2.8 zoom. but from what my eyes can see, the lens needs some auto-focus fine tuning unfortunately i find i have to crank it all the way to +10ish. of course, this is a bit frustrating but i'm still on the honeymoon with this lens so to speak. if i did send this lens to nikon for calibration, would i need to bring my camera in as well? that's mainly what i'm trying to figure out. i'm guessing at some point i'll get the lens calibrated.

James R
Total Posts: 4808

Brody, If you love the 34 1.4, you will really love the 35 1.4

Before making micro adjustments, did you do a focus test with the camera on a tripod, using a focus target and shutter release cord or using the timer? Import to isolate the human from the process to determine if you have a focus issue. I checked my lens first thing and now my blame myself for OOF shots.

And, no you would only send Nikon the lens.

rexx714
Total Posts: 207

W/ L by Son V Hanoi, on Flickr
unprocess

1       2       3              31      
       end