Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2882

1       2       3              2882      
       2884              4433       4434       end

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3047

Georg great work with the 85 PC, the first one is so lovely and the last one is very nicely done too. I'm a big fan of your pictures, please keep'em coming !

Peter # 1 b/w does it for me!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3047

back to black & white
50 1.8 ais :

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2590

Great shot phillippe Georg and Jim
Peter nice b/w

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6228

A few more from the 400/5.6 ED AI. I did not have my big tripod with me so I was struggling with shutter speed, subject motion, and vibration, but I pulled a few good images out of the evening.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3134

With all the 135-Q shots lately, decided to bust mine out of the bag... Couple of shots with the PK13...

_DSC8425 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

_DSC8433 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1551

georgms wrote:
After some soccer in pouring rain I had to shoot a track-meeting today. Time for a little bit of fun with the PC 85/2.8D...
Except for shot #1 these are not cropped. Played with a Fuji Superia 400-preset in ColorEfex to get an old-time-look

">
Playing with the wet location - somehow I like abstracts like this ;-)

Masterful Georg, Just Masterful......

kwoodard

georgms wrote:
After some soccer in pouring rain I had to shoot a track-meeting today. Time for a little bit of fun with the PC 85/2.8D...
Except for shot #1 these are not cropped. Played with a Fuji Superia 400-preset in ColorEfex to get an old-time-look

D700, PC 85/2.8D tilted, wide open, effective aperture f/3.8

The shot above was my starting point, wasn't happy with the background and moved to a different location:

This one is all too tightly framed, but I like the concentrated look - D3s, PC 85/2.8D wide open too

Playing with the wet location - somehow I like abstracts like this ;-)

Wow, these are great! The abstract is my favorite.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1551

kwoodard wrote:
With all the 135-Q shots lately, decided to bust mine out of the bag... Couple of shots with the PK13...

Kevin, invredible and misterious bloom on your first photo.

John, great colors of dusk.

My contribution of the day, nothing really good, my muse is on vacation. Just to show the 50mm 2.0 S and the 35mm 1.4 wide open on D3.

Warning! Heavy post enabled by the lens signature.

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 dusk corvette at 2.0 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor nkj 5cm 2.0 S D3 dusk home at 2.0 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

35mm at 2.0 D3 at iso 800, no noise reduction needed
The mayor of SD at the Harvey Milk Breakfast.

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 2 D3 Harvey Milk San Diego by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 1.4 D3 harley by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 35mm 1.4 at 1.4 D3 hood vulture by Rafael CA, on Flickr

pburke
Total Posts: 2155

before I get completely lost playing with my new toy, some 135mm Nikkor-Q goodies from yesterday. Now that things have warmed up in our climate zone, I'm not the only one on a bicycle along my commute any longer, so here's a bike theme set from Madison, all with the 135 and handheld on D600

wide open at f/2.8 1/200s ISO 100, linear polarizer

f/4.0 1/800s ISO 100

who needs autofocus anyway?
f/2.8 1/800s ISO 100

f/2.8 1/500s ISO 100, yellow filter conversion, I think

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1137

Thanks Kevin, Jose, Leighton, Peter, Ray and Georg for your comments on the seal set. Those guys were in the "wild", but very accessible. A long time ago, the City of San Diego built a breakwater in La Jolla and created a small beach called Children's Pool. In recent years, harbor seals have gotten very comfortable on the beach and there is a big political and legal controversy going on between seal advocates and people who would like to use the beach for swimming, etc. Quite a contentious mess, but a good chance to take the seal pictures up close.

Peter in Madison, great diner and bull shots. I really like the "ghost bike" and locomotive shots too. Congrats on the 600mm! Can you use extension tubes with that bad boy?

Georg, the spider's web shots with the 85mm pc are outstanding! Really like the the bike wheel and tuba shots.

Bill, welcome! Very nice bird shots with the 135mm.

Ray, terrific owls and dragonfly!

Mark, very cool shots from the Technorama.

Ron, beautiful flower.

Jim, great ones of great ones taken with a great one!

Leighton, wonderful flowers with the 55/2.8.

Sam, great shots of the ominous clouds.

Peter, beautiful autumn leaves.

Welcome Doug! That Noct has some seriously nice bokeh going on!

Philippe, really like the Cassis set with the 28mm.

Curtis, gorgeous flowers with the 105mm and pk-13.

John, very nice evening shots from the Sound.

Ronny, great little ducklings!

pburke

and two more of my train station, again both 135mm f/2.8 from about 1970, polarizer on both.

f/2.8 1/500s ISO 100

f/2.8 1/640s ISO 100

pburke

Foggy14 wrote:

Peter in Madison, great diner and bull shots. I really like the "ghost bike" and locomotive shots too. Congrats on the 600mm! Can you use extension tubes with that bad boy?

thanks for the comments - and yes, you can. In fact, after rattling through each aperture for a first test shot, I put on my K1-K5 tubes, which total about 50mm, because the nearest focus on that big boy is 6.5 meters. With the tubes, that is down to about 4 meters. So to get really close, you probably will need over 100mm in tubes. It certainly won't "magnify. I wonder if anyone makes a lens reversal ring for it

Ronny _Olsson

Thanks Jeff
Great shot kevin Rafael and Peter

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

pburke

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Jeff

like this one a lot more than the first - the blue reflection makes it look a lot less like toxic sludge compared to one with pure brown water

pburke

kwoodard wrote:

this one just pops - how close can you go with the PK13? I have yet to try the 135mm in macro, but I guess it would be close to the 105mm. My tubes add up to just 50mm about, so I will need to find another set to get those longer lenses up close. The screen magnification of the "Focus" image was only possible because of the +3 diopter close up lens on top of the 50mm tubes - I doubt I could have focused the 55mm with that much extension without giving it reading glasses.

kwoodard

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks Jeff

Loved this on Flickr, glad you posted it here.

kwoodard

pburke wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

this one just pops - how close can you go with the PK13? I have yet to try the 135mm in macro, but I guess it would be close to the 105mm. My tubes add up to just 50mm about, so I will need to find another set to get those longer lenses up close. The screen magnification of the "Focus" image was only possible because of the +3 diopter close up lens on top of the 50mm tubes - I doubt I could have focused the 55mm with that much extension without giving it reading glasses.

PK13 is 27.5mm. On the 135Q, working distance is about 18" or so.

Also, this shot I took using the "Sunny 16" rule. 100% manual, did not use the in camera metering at all. I really liked the detail of the center of the flower.

Ronny _Olsson

Thanks
Really nice shot Kevin
Peter : Love your trainshots

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 20mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

kwoodard

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks
Really nice shot Kevin
Peter : Love your trainshots

Nikkor 135mm f/2 Ai-s Vivitar Nikon AT-3/AI Extension Tube 36mm by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Where is that emoticon that claps?! These are great!

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1137

pburke wrote:thanks for the comments - and yes, you can. In fact, after rattling through each aperture for a first test shot, I put on my K1-K5 tubes, which total about 50mm, because the nearest focus on that big boy is 6.5 meters. With the tubes, that is down to about 4 meters. So to get really close, you probably will need over 100mm in tubes. It certainly won't "magnify. I wonder if anyone makes a lens reversal ring for it

The 600mm, plus 100mm in tubes, would make for one impressive "walk around" close-up lens.

1       2       3              2882      
       2884              4433       4434       end