Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2873

1       2       3              2873      
2874
       2875              4433       4434       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9774
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
It's raining here again and the rain offered a different view on my surroundings:

glitzy von georgsfoto auf Flickr
a spider's web taken with my favorite MF-Nikkor, the PC 85/2.8D - wide open and at about minimum focusing distance


Join the club, we've had 8 inches of the wet stuff so far this month!
I love this shot, I'm trying to figure out what the web is connected to.



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3515
Country: Germany

Thanks, Leighton, the web is really small and connected to the fieldstones of an old cemetery wall.
Maybe I'll post another shot of this later. This was taken at a reproduction scale of 1:2 (1 inch on the sensor = 2 inches in reality).



designdog
Registered: Oct 05, 2004
Total Posts: 198
Country: United States

All: some exciting news, especially for us older gentlemen/gentle ladies who use MF lenses, which have no VR.

For a while now I have been working with a prerelease version of Photoshop CC. A few new things, notably ACR working on layers, but no non destructive burning/dodging — at least on my release.

The big news is the camera shake filter. I can tell you, this is no hype. It really works, at least for me. Before, you had to chose motion blur from the Smart Sharpen filter, and fool around with the angle. Never got it to work that well. Now it is all automatic, plus it really works.

I have found there is camera shake on most of my hand held photos. My workflow has been to remove that with this new filter, then apply output sharpening at the end. Of course I am only doing this with my "keepers" which, given my apparent lack of photographic talent, is not very many.

I can't show anything until Adobe releases CC, but there are demos surfacing now. Early next month I will post an actual example here. Really good development, though...



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 1569
Country: N/A

Well, I better buy my 600mm f4 now before the price going up when this filter is out



wshoc840
Registered: Oct 24, 2012
Total Posts: 41
Country: United States

Nikkor 135mm 2.8



raboof
Registered: Mar 04, 2011
Total Posts: 1569
Country: N/A

Bill, I like the first shot.
That's pretty close to a cardinal. I cannot even get that view with a 300mm



MarkdV
Registered: Jul 05, 2012
Total Posts: 773
Country: Poland

Georg, lovely shot of the spider's web with the water droplets. It looks like it is attached to the top of a silver wave.

Rafael - that 5cm lens is a real beauty. The rendering is pretty distinctive, reminds me of the look you would get out of a 1970's National Geographic picture.

Ray, that 16mm looks fab in your hands. The colours after the rain is lovely.

Ronny, great shots of Nitro. Whenever I see your pics I have to get the 180mm out.

Bill, I like your shots of the birds, especially the first one - great expression. Although the last shot of the pie makes me think you've got a new twist on the old nursary rhyme of "four and twenty blackbirds baked into a pie"...



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9774
Country: United States

designdog wrote:
All: some exciting news, especially for us older gentlemen/gentle ladies who use MF lenses, which have no VR.

For a while now I have been working with a prerelease version of Photoshop CC. A few new things, notably ACR working on layers, but no non destructive burning/dodging — at least on my release.

The big news is the camera shake filter. I can tell you, this is no hype. It really works, at least for me. Before, you had to chose motion blur from the Smart Sharpen filter, and fool around with the angle. Never got it to work that well. Now it is all automatic, plus it really works.

I have found there is camera shake on most of my hand held photos. My workflow has been to remove that with this new filter, then apply output sharpening at the end. Of course I am only doing this with my "keepers" which, given my apparent lack of photographic talent, is not very many.

I can't show anything until Adobe releases CC, but there are demos surfacing now. Early next month I will post an actual example here. Really good development, though...


Good news if you don't mind paying for a subscription!



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 2155
Country: United States

designdog wrote:
The big news is the camera shake filter. I can tell you, this is no hype. It really works, at least for me. Before, you had to chose motion blur from the Smart Sharpen filter, and fool around with the angle. Never got it to work that well. Now it is all automatic, plus it really works.


hope they are ahead of where they were in 2011, because then they had to cheat...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/10/18/adobeclarifies



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 2155
Country: United States

wshoc840 wrote:
Nikkor 135mm 2.8



hmm - pie in Madison - I suppose I just have to follow my nose to find your location



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

A couple shots from Honeymoon Island of a beautiful owl using the 300mm 4.5 EDIF





georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3515
Country: Germany

Ray, the Honeymoon owl looks a bit dished ;-) I'm just joking, wonderful shots!
I have the highest respect for birders, I can just assume that many effortful birding-trips end without good shots.

Bill, I like especially the very first shot - great job!

Scott, I'm glad you like the kinda wild architectural shot. Thanks for your comment.

Mark, thanks for your words on the spiders web! A long day with constant drizzle has it's own pros.

David, the Photoshop-VR sounds amazing. Unbelievable what todays technique can do for photographers.



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3515
Country: Germany

Two more images from the cobweb:





georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3515
Country: Germany

A snap from the old village church:

D3s at ISO6400 (and still underexposed), 20/3.5 Ais at f/4

...and finally a snap from the university

first class bike lock, 55/1.2 Ai wide open



pburke
Registered: Oct 08, 2010
Total Posts: 2155
Country: United States

georgms wrote:


...and finally a snap from the university

first class bike lock, 55/1.2 Ai wide open


This looks a lot like the bike rack outside my office building Very international subject.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9774
Country: United States

Ray - Love the Owl shot, nice light.

Georg - What a shame that someone went to all that trouble to steal a bike.



Ronny _Olsson
Registered: Jun 24, 2012
Total Posts: 2590
Country: Sweden

Thanks!!
Great shot Ray and Georg



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1425
Country: Australia

pburke wrote:
georgms wrote:


..


This looks a lot like the bike rack outside my office building Very international subject.



I've missed the last few pages.

Congratulations on the last blog post Leighton. Well done.

Georg - your exhibition series blew me away. And now these recent black and whites are amazing. You've inspired me to pull out the 55mm f1.2. Amazing work Georg.

Ben



georgms
Registered: Jan 08, 2009
Total Posts: 3515
Country: Germany

Peter and Leighton, bike-thievery is a big theme here (and elsewhere too). Really good locks won't keep the thieves away, at least when the locks aren't properly used. I've shot this because I saw some minutes before a campaign promoting my hometown as bike-friendly city ;-)

Ronny, tack så mycket!

Ben, thank you! I'm really glad you like the exhibition-shots and the recent B&W's. The PC 85/2.8D is so much fun already, I better don't even think about touching a PC-E24 or PC-E45 ;-)



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 3134
Country: United States

georgms wrote:
Two more images from the cobweb:



Love this Georg! Looks like a chandelier!



1       2       3              2873      
2874
       2875              4433       4434       end