Nice set John.

Bert

Thanks Bert!

Nice fireworks shot.

- John

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2486

This time the computer worked.

50-300mm 4.5 ED ais D800 San Diego Bay Fireworks, July 4th 2013. Orig size in Flickr. San Diego low clouds, smoke, and water reflect the light.

Happy Fourth.

nikon nikkor 50-300mm ED ais D800 San Diego Fireworks 4th July 2013 three barges by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 50-300mm ED ais D800 San Diego Fireworks 4th July 2013 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

Nice one Rafael, glad that things went off without a hitch this year. Looks spetacular. I know it wasn't you first choice of location but you've made it work for you.

John, lovely series from your latest walk in S.D. I don't think I commented but I loved your 'after the swim' pics as well.

Kevin, the train shot is great. I hate to think the risks you took getting it (and also impressed, I thought you Americans didn't have manual cars.)

Curtis, lovely post for number 60,001. Sums it up really.

Matt, very nice shot with the 105, perfectly timed exposure length.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4210

saph wrote:
A series with the 35 1.4N this afternoon.

Fort McHenry in Baltimore, f/11:

"O say can you see......"

A good day for a patriotic post, Samy - thankfully my knowledge of US history was up to it. For those other non-Americans among us , Fort McHenry was the site of the famous bombardment in the war of 1812 which inspired the US national anthem.

Very nice series.

Oosty

georgms wrote:
Some shots from a short walk this evening: I've had some of my favorite MF-Nikkors with me, but shot everything with the PC-E 45/2.8D. I need a cure ;-)

All excellent, Georg

MarkdV

georgms wrote:
Mark, nicely seen scene at the beach. I wonder if it would look better with the feets included.

Hi Georg,

Thnaks for the feedback, I always appreciate sugguestions from you (and all the others on this thread). You are right it would have been better to get the feet in, sadly my fault for rushing the composition. I cannot add what isn't there, but I can take away, perhaps the tighter composition works better.

Oosty

kwoodard wrote:
Here are a couple more with the 28/3.5 that I repaired. I think I got infinity focus right the first time... These have a bit of work in post, but much less than other lenses in my kit.

First I think is so-so, but loved the colors. Light was 5pm harsh.

Kevin - the lens looks like a winner and as you say the colours are beautiful. Well done.

Oosty

jhinkey wrote:
And a few more . . .

John the entire South Dakota series is great - one thinks of Clamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickock, Deadwood etc.,

Oosty

Rafeal - great fireworks this year!

Also Matt and Bert - very nice shots.

MarkdV

georgms wrote:
Some shots from a short walk this evening: I've had some of my favorite MF-Nikkors with me, but shot everything with the PC-E 45/2.8D. I need a cure ;-)

Really nice set Georg. I think there can only be one cure. Send the lens to me.

Seriously though, your work with it is amazing - I think no-one can complain that you keep on using it to such effect.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

MarkdV wrote:
georgms wrote:

Really nice set Georg. I think there can only be one cure. Send the lens to me.

Seriously though, your work with it is amazing - I think no-one can complain that you keep on using it to such effect.

Thanks, Mark! I'm just not happy that my usage of this wonderful lens is more like playing with it's sheer endless capabilities than taking serious photographs. But that's my infantile character, I guess ;-)

georgms

Scott, Samy, Curtis and Peter: Thanks for the kind words on the poppies- and dandelion-shots! Much appreciated.
I think about re-processing the stitched birch-shot, the almost brittle sharpness doesn't look good on the birch.

georgms

Here's a street-portrait, I took this one today after asking for permission to snap a picture (I'm always a bit shy in this matter).
I liked the confident posture of this man, a bit of this went away after I lifted the D3s and 180/2.8ED up to my eyes ;-)

sailor von georgsfoto auf Flickr
a friendly stranger - 180/2.8ED wide open

adh67
Total Posts: 561

Rafael, Spectacular Firework photos.

George, I really like the B&W street portrait.

Bert

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Rafael, the firework photos are outstanding. That first one is a jaw dropper. You could probably make some money with that one if you were so inclined. The City of San Diego would get some mileage out of it I imagine. And what an advertisement for the 50-300 which has of late been a topic of discussion. Really great work!

adh67
Total Posts: 561

Not as spectacular as Rafael's, but here are a few firework shots taken from the convenience of my front yard.

Bert

CGrindahl

I'm enjoying your photos from South Dakota John. This morning an old episode of West Wing came to mind. It was about a commission in North Dakota that was considering whether to drop the word North from their name because it suggested cold and contributed to tourists not visiting. If I recall correctly, someone observed that South Dakota attracted tourists not because of the word South but because of the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore. Looking at the scenery from your photos, I've little doubt that North Dakota would attract more tourists if had anything that beautiful for them to visit. Lovely photos, beautiful setting. All good... sorry about that North Dakota...

CGrindahl

Beautiful work Bert. Hand held? How did you have the lens and camera set up? These are very sharp photos so you were clearly doing something very right...

Enjoy your long weekend Bert. Hopefully, you'll get a bit of a break from the heat as we're experiencing at the moment.

CGrindahl

Georg, I misread the introduction to the photo above and thought it said "self-portrait" not "street-portrait..." We need a photo of you Georg. We had a round some time back of shared self-portraits but we didn't see anything from you. In fact, I'd encourage anyone on the thread who hasn't shared a photo of themselves to do so. It is quite natural that we would conjure up a mental image of each other when we haven't seen an actual image. I'd assumed, for example, that Scott was a bit older than he appeared in photos taken by Leighton. Think about it Georg.

1       2       3              2867      
       2869              5890       5891       end