Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2863

1       2       3              2863      
       2865              5884       5885       end

MarkdV
Total Posts: 1152

jaredvanb wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Diallo, it is folks such as yourself, who've been inspired by this thread that make this whole adventure worthwhile. For many who have joined out conversation, is has been about renewing their relationship with lenses they knew from times long past. But then there are those like myself and like you, who are discovering these lenses for the first time. It is all quite magical that we've found one another and that we can play together. Again, welcome. I love the fact we have people from around the world who've joined this conversation. I look forward to getting to know you as this conversation continues.

I concur. I am really glad I found this thread as it will enable me to learn more about these wonderful lenses, see great images taken by talented people with lenses I am eager to learn about as I am brand new in the world of the MF Nikkors and share my passion for photography with friendly, like minded people from around the world.

Hoping to get out later today to do some shooting with my 50mm/1.8E so that I might have something worth sharing with everyone.

Cheers for now,
Jared

Hi Jared,

Hope you get the chance to do some shooting and look forward to your contributions on this thread. just a quick question, do you know our other local Saffa, Peter? He's only 1200km down the N1/N9 from you.
I joined this thread 364 days ago and found the people here to be very supportive, helpful and incredibly talented. I hope your experience is as positive as mine.

MarkdV

Apologies for the junk email, trying out to link photos from flikr...let's see if this works.

Can anyone else see a photo there?

(for some relevance - 180mm + TC201; the guy stood there for about 10 minutes looking like he was going to dive into the water but never did).

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Photos's definitely there, Mark is that you in Lieutenant Land?

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Some from the 10.5cm 2.5 P.

With PK-13 at f/4:

With PK-13 at f/11:

And the 10.5cm 2.5 P without extension tubes, at f/5.6:

MarkdV

saph wrote:
Photos's definitely there, Mark is that you in Lieutenant Land?

Thanks Samy,

No, it's not me. Similar hair though, except I cut all mine off and these days look almost like a normal person.

MarkdV

saph wrote:
Some from the 10.5cm 2.5 P.

With PK-13 at f/4:

Very nice, love the first one, very subtle and effective

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

James Markus wrote:
50mm f1.2 ais @ f1.4

Beautifully framed james!

MDoc9523

jaredvanb wrote:
Here is another half decent shot that I scratched up from the archives so to speak...

Autumn River by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Really need to try and make some time to get out and take some more shots with this sweet little piece of glass...

Love this one Jared

MDoc9523

rafaelcasd wrote:
Another extreme, the 55 1,2 sc at 1,2 well focused at noon.

nikon nikkor 55 1.2 sc at 1.2 d800 San Diego casa del prado by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Love the architecture in this one

MDoc9523

Curtis this one really shines

John I love this one for sure!

Welcome Diallo! Nice shots especially this one

Mark the beach shot is terrific
Samy I love what you have been donging with these old lenses - NICE

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

jaredvanb wrote:
Went scratching around a bit in my photos and found this shot I took the day I received my 50mm f/1.8 Series E in the mail...

Which one do you guys prefer?

Pink Daisy Duo by jared.vanbergen, on Flickr

Really impressed with the sharpness this little lens has, even for a shot that is not in perfect focus.

Regards
Jared

Jared, I prefer the color version. Nicely done.

mp356

James Markus wrote:
50mm f1.2 ais @ f1.4

Wonderful James!

mp356

CGrindahl wrote:
Okay, Rafael... I'll see your one shot with the 55 and raise you three... All wide open.

]

Very nice Curtis.

mp356

jhinkey wrote:
And some more . . .

Who say's you can't take a candid portrait with a 400mm . . .

Also, tomorrow we go underground!

Nice work with the 400 John.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

I get to play with a Nikkor 200-600mm f/9.5-10.5. From what I have been able to find out, its a relatively rare lens, this is a first generation too. It's a Non-AI lens, but doesn't have an aperture ring...so it mounts OK. It looks like a bazooka. Hope to get some shots with it this weekend. Hope to get some shots of it this afternoon. Excited to try it, on my D7000 it has the same focal length and a little faster than my telescope (900mm).

mp356

Diallo_Jamal wrote:
I'd like to thank all who have contributed to this thread as well as those who started and maintained its early days, without this thread, I may have never discovered the joys of vintage glass.

I bought a 55 3.5 micro and 105 2.5p and have been absolutely delighted with their performance, and both have created as much excitement/engagement as the purchase of any modern glass.

DSC_8924 by Diallo Jamal, on Flickr 105 2.5p does well focused to infinity

DSC_9610 by Diallo Jamal, on Flickr 55mm 2.8 captures the building I work in on a bike parked outside

I've thoroughly enjoyed the lenses which I purchased for a song, and look forward to further exploration of Nikon's manual glass.

Welcome aboard Diallo. Nice series of images.
Scott

leighton w
Total Posts: 12614

kwoodard wrote:
I get to play with a Nikkor 200-600mm f/9.5-10.5. From what I have been able to find out, its a relatively rare lens, this is a first generation too. It's a Non-AI lens, but doesn't have an aperture ring...so it mounts OK. It looks like a bazooka. Hope to get some shots with it this weekend. Hope to get some shots of it this afternoon. Excited to try it, on my D7000 it has the same focal length and a little faster than my telescope (900mm).

Looking forward to seeing the results.

huddy
Total Posts: 1885

Wow, the thread is moving quickly... nearly 3000 pages!

Our little Malachi is nearly here so we took the opportunity to go take some maternity shots of Nikki.

Both with the D700 and 180/2.8 ED AI-S. To think that I toyed with selling that one... sheer madness. It is a desert island lens.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Those are gorgeous Alan but then Nikki is gorgeous as well. Pregnancy becomes her... I get the sense young man that it is your intention to keep her that way as much as possible...

I'm concerned, however, about a teacher who is a SLOW LEARNER... It took you THIS long to realize the 180 f/2.8 AI-s is a desert island lens? I've been saying that for THREE years. I'm glad you've finally come to your senses.

Glad you stopped by one what is likely a very busy day for your family. Keep us informed about progress on the baby front.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

I know a lot of you here know that I like to tinker. Well, I was given a lens that had a loose element inside as well as being well used. I spent about 5 hours on it over the span of a few days, took it down about 80% and cleaned all the elements, put a dab of lube on the outer helicoil, cleaned off all the fungus, and reassembled. Resetting infinite focus was a bear, hope I NEVER have to do that again...I am not even sure it is set right as it is, will have to check with a tripod when its not so windy. Also, one of the inner elements appears to have been glued to the metal mount its supposed to just sit in. I thought it was trapped water (the lens had been dunked for our amusement, shots are a couple dozen pages back) but after two days in direct sunlight and 110+ degree heat AND THEN in a closed baggie with a desiccant sack, no change.

So, without further adieu, here is a sample from its first outing (which was just to my patio).

Camera Nikon D7000
Exposure 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 28 mm
ISO Speed 400
Exposure Bias -2/3 EV

Nikkor-H.C. Auto 28/3.5 and a PK13 tube (so nearly 1:1)

_DSC8841 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Shots of the telescope will be later...

1       2       3              2863      
       2865              5884       5885       end