Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2863

1       2       3              2863      
       2865              4299       4300       end

georgms
Total Posts: 3450

Adam, would love to see pictures taken today WITH this rare (and unknown to me) Nikkor. A good mechanic should be able to build a simple mount-adapter. Best of luck for your research!

Philippe, beautiful portraits of your daughters! I like especially the second shot for it's wonderful framing.

Ray, more beautiful sunset-shots! #1 is a bit more dynamic and probably my fav right now.

Philippe, Peter from Knysna, Ray, Jeff and Leighton - thanks for your comments!

georgms

Here's another shot from the art exhibition, taken with the 35/1.4 Ai at f/2 too (all other shots were done with the PC 85/2.8D):

Shot into a mirror to get a "multidimensional feel", focus is off a bit but I don't care in this case ;-)

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2963

georgms wrote:
Here's another shot from the art exhibition, taken with the 35/1.4 Ai at f/2 too (all other shots were done with the PC 85/2.8D):

Shot into a mirror to get a "multidimensional feel", focus is off a bit but I don't care in this case ;-)

This is awesome! Kind of a juxtaposition where we are the people behind the mirror, looking out into the world.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

pburke wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's a couple more sunset photos from yesterday.

is that the guy who lost the Smackdown fight over in the wildlife forum?

You know Peter I really think that it is
Thank you Georg. You have out done your self in these art gallery photos.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13155

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks for all the work done on this Leighton!

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

HERE'S THE FINAL POST OF THE BLOG.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-final-word.html

I'm with Laura. Leighton has been the constant gardener of this venture and is to be applauded...

My guess is the raised glasses of beer means more than anything else my friend. Perhaps one day, we'll have that beer on your front porch and reminisce about the "good old days..."

CGrindahl

leighton w wrote:

Dean - LR5 is stable although I had to do some fancy computer work to get it to run. It will run side-by-side with LR4 although it won't use any LR4 catalogs.

That sucks. This means converting my portfolio again, all 43,244 images... I hate when they do that!

CGrindahl

Great work in the gallery Georg, but nothing you do surprises me. You're simply a very good photographer with a great eye for possibility and for composition. Delicious.

And Peter, the 55 f/1.2 S AI'd is making my knees week. I'm going to to have to take out a fast lens and do some bokeh play. Great fun what you're doing with your new lens.

Ray, your shots make Florida look downright attractive... certainly at sunset there must be a bit of relief from the heat... Great shots.

Leighton, I like that flower shot with the filter effect from LR5. For all my grousing, it will likely be added to my computer shortly after it becomes available. We have an abundance of riches when it comes to post processing. Of course, Adobe plans to stop producing stand alone software programs with CS6 the last available iteration. They want us in the cloud. I'm not going with them...

deang001
Total Posts: 1558

CGrindahl wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Dean - LR5 is stable although I had to do some fancy computer work to get it to run. It will run side-by-side with LR4 although it won't use any LR4 catalogs.

That sucks. This means converting my portfolio again, all 43,244 images... I hate when they do that!

I'm not 100% sure, but perhaps it's just when they are running side-by-side LR5 wont use LR4's catalogue.

pburke
Total Posts: 2114

georgms wrote:

I need to put this in my best of the last week list - it's just I did spend too much time shooting to have such a list this week

I think the lack of crisp focus is the trick that makes the image - it hides the usual clear focus points and depth of field clues that give away the play with the mirror and the view into a deeper room. Hey, at least if somebody feels it's not sharp enough you can tell him that it was intentional

georgms

Kevin, Ray, Curtis and Peter - thanks for your comments!

I'm stereoblind, that's why I try to create multi-dimensional-looking pictures most of the time.
A shallow DoF delivered by my beloved fast Nikkors is one way to achieve this effect, the use of tilt-lenses another.
Of course a special lighting or tricks like shooting into a mirror will work without "special" lenses.

Here's the last one for today, taken with the Ai 35/1.4 wide open:

MDoc9523

Before the beach I walked the trails on Honeymoon Island looking for owls and eagles. I found the eagles at their nest on the north end of the island. The eaglets were still in the nest although they looked like they were ready for flight. Mom and Dad plus two "babies" Shot with the D600 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF with TC-200

CGrindahl

The eagle man returns. Amazing you have these beauties available to shoot. I don't think I've ever seen a live one. I guess they like the climate in Florida. Nicely done Ray.

MDoc9523

Thank you Curtis. I sure wish I would have had Jose's telephoto lenses. It was really just too far away for any real quality images using the 300mm. It loses too much quality with TC's at that distance. Even at that it is always a joy to watch these majestic birds in their natural habitats. I feel so lucky to have a photo of the whole eagle family

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2486

50mm 1.2 AIS

Color or B&W

Larger

Larger

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2963

Jorge Torralba wrote:
50mm 1.2 AIS

Color or B&W

I like the black and white...

leighton w
Total Posts: 9445

georgms wrote:

As photographers, one of the things we look for in an image is a different perspective. Well this shot demonstrates this wonderfully, well done.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:
***** BLOG UPDATE *****

HERE'S THE FINAL POST OF THE BLOG.

http://aroundtheworldwithanikonlens.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-final-word.html

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks for all the work done on this Leighton!

CGrindahl wrote:
I'm with Laura. Leighton has been the constant gardener of this venture and is to be applauded...

My guess is the raised glasses of beer means more than anything else my friend. Perhaps one day, we'll have that beer on your front porch and reminisce about the "good old days..."

Thank you Laura and Curtis, but it took everyone including the both of you to make this happen as smoothly as it did. I applaud all of you!

And you can come for that beer any time.

leighton w

leighton w wrote:

CGrindahl wrote:

deang001 wrote:
I'm not 100% sure, but perhaps it's just when they are running side-by-side LR5 wont use LR4's catalogue.

Dean is right, it's only while LR5 is in Beta. Once it comes out all you'll have to do is update your catalog.

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
Before the beach I walked the trails on Honeymoon Island looking for owls and eagles. I found the eagles at their nest on the north end of the island. The eaglets were still in the nest although they looked like they were ready for flight. Mom and Dad plus two "babies" Shot with the D600 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF with TC-200

I like this one the best. I've seen one Eagle here when it flew over the farm about 8 years ago. But there has been some more sitings as of late.

raboof
Total Posts: 1502

Morning dew. 200mm f4

1       2       3              2863      
       2865              4299       4300       end