Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2691

1       2       3              2691      
2692
       2693              4306       4307       end

leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9457
Country: United States

raboof wrote:
Do I need to rotate this, Leighton?

16mm

leighton w wrote:
Ok, don't have a heart attack or anything, but I like it just as it is!

saph wrote:
Leighton, its been a while since you have cracked down on lines and sliders, whatsup?


I must be getting soft in my old age.



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9457
Country: United States

Ray - Nice shots, looks like this lens works every bit as well on the D600. Gives me something to think about.

Laura - Congrats on the prize, and what a nice image of it!

Dean - Good to see you again. I though perhaps you were kidnapped or something.

Tony - Lovely images, I bet there was a lot to choose from. Congrats on getting the job, who knows where this will lead you.

Mihai - Since this was your idea, you meet us there to keep us laughing!



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7749
Country: United States

Congrats, Tony, sounds like a blast, and glad you wound up getting a gig out of it, hopefully with some pay too

kings_freak wrote:
On my last outing with Nikki, I went to the Corona Heritage Museum, with my Mom, and walked around a bit. This was the first time I had been there when the train exhibit was open. I went in and met the two gentlemen that ran the exhibit and got a cool history lesson about Corona. The exhibit is built to replicate life in Corona in 1949. Lots of historical buildings as well as landmarks that I recognize today. The neat part, is that I am now going to photograph the whole exhibit to be used for their promo media and they will have my shots playing on a large flatscreen in their exhibit booth. They will also hand out my cards during the exhibits. Pretty cool!

–Tony



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 7749
Country: United States

Thanks Leighton, my husband must be laughing hysterically at the moment about that prize.

If the three of you wind up in Sydney for that meet-up, I can only imagine the infection rate of NMFAS will shoot up drastically, becoming an epidemic of world wide scale, and possibly an emergency broadcast situation

leighton w wrote:

Laura - Congrats on the prize, and what a nice image of it!

Mihai - Since this was your idea, you meet us there to keep us laughing!



deang001
Registered: Apr 23, 2011
Total Posts: 1559
Country: China

leighton w wrote:

Dean - Good to see you again. I though perhaps you were kidnapped or something.



Still here, Leighton ... still been following the thread most of the time. Been messing around with other camera systems lately but feeling the urge to pick up the 50/1.2 again



michael49
Registered: Jun 09, 2006
Total Posts: 5434
Country: United States

Thanks for all of the MF info guys.



deang001
Registered: Apr 23, 2011
Total Posts: 1559
Country: China

CGrindahl wrote:
Nice to see you stop in Dean. I trust that you've been away from the thread because you've been so busy making money... All good. Eventually, you'll be a manufacturing mogul with plenty of money and time for buying and using MF lenses. You'll always be welcome on this thread.


Hey Curtis ... I've still been lurking and looking at everyone's fine work



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9457
Country: United States

deang001 wrote:
leighton w wrote:

Dean - Good to see you again. I though perhaps you were kidnapped or something.



Still here, Leighton ... still been following the thread most of the time. Been messing around with other camera systems lately but feeling the urge to pick up the 50/1.2 again


Hurry back, I miss your street shots of HK.



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 2999
Country: United States

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

Reagan



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3551
Country: Singapore

Aye haven't seen you in a bit Dean
Where are the photos of the Coorong?



jhinkey
Registered: Jan 08, 2010
Total Posts: 6037
Country: United States

So what's the next lens to be sent around the world?



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9457
Country: United States

jhinkey wrote:
So what's the next lens to be sent around the world?


How about your 135mm f2?

On a side not, as soon as Curtis is done and we have ALL the images on the blog, I'm going to put them up on Pinterest so they will be on one board. Just as you suggested a few months ago.

http://pinterest.com/nikkinikon/around-the-world-with-a-nikon-lens/



Foggy14
Registered: May 01, 2010
Total Posts: 1093
Country: United States

Thanks Ronny.

Tony, great photos from the Corona. Congrats on your gig!

Laura, nice prizes. Combine the wine and your son's hockey tickets and you've got my idea of a great night out!



Zichar
Registered: May 13, 2009
Total Posts: 3551
Country: Singapore

I wouldn't mind Ben's 24 PC-E
He'd probably have his hands full with Nikki when she returns



mike-in-ak
Registered: Jan 09, 2013
Total Posts: 221
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
michael49 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
michael49 wrote:
Quick question for you MF Nikon guys. I've been shooting Canon for years, but I keep thinking about picking up a D600 mainly for shooting Nikon and Zeiss MF lenses - I do shoot with some Nikkor glass on my Canon gear now. How is the focus confirmation function with Nikkor MF lenses? Is it generally reliable? I am developing an increasing fondness for old MF Nikkor glass.

I have the D7000 and the D600 and the conformation is right on with both of my cameras. I have tested all of my MF glass with live view focusing and found in both cameras are very reliable. The D600's viewfinder is so good you will be able to see the focus with out relying on the focus conformation light.



Thanks.

I don't rely on any focus confirmation with any of my MF glass on my Canon bodies, but I thought I might be a useful feature for wide apertures and for subjects that don't have the patience to stay still for shots - like my dog......and my wife.

Does focus confirmation work with all AI and AIS NIkkor lens?


The confirmation dot works with both AI and AI-s lenses, as well as pre-AI lenses that have been converted. What you'll likely appreciate most is the fact that the non-CPU register allows you to note the focal length and widest aperture so the camera will meter with the lenses. The only thing you need to know is that if you spot meter you need to use the center focusing point.

I made the move to Nikon with a brief exploration that turned into a switch when I discovered these beautiful old lenses. Folks who've following this thread pretty much know the story. I'm excited for you that you'll have the opportunity to use these lenses on a camera system for which they were designed. And when you do so, make certain you come play with the folks on this thread. We've been having a great time for over two and a half years. You're more than welcome to join us, but please restrain yourself until you have that D600 in your hands.


Sorry I'm late to this conversation but thought I would add that I cheated with my D300 / D700 and installed a third party split prism focus screen to aid in focusing as I find using the "dot" annoying and it is a carry over from my F body. My question for Nikon is why did you limit the non-CPU lens entries to only 9? I got way more than that.



Mishu01
Registered: Nov 20, 2009
Total Posts: 2387
Country: Romania

jhinkey wrote:
So what's the next lens to be sent around the world?


If you don't mind you better decide to send me around the world in order to shoot with your MF glass One day for each MF Nikkor from your stable... I'd start with Curtis How's your sofa boss?



leighton w
Registered: Nov 12, 2010
Total Posts: 9457
Country: United States


mike-in-ak wrote:
Sorry I'm late to this conversation but thought I would add that I cheated with my D300 / D700 and installed a third party split prism focus screen to aid in focusing as I find using the "dot" annoying and it is a carry over from my F body. My question for Nikon is why did you limit the non-CPU lens entries to only 9? I got way more than that.


I know what you mean, maybe someone can come up with a hack to fix this.



Kry27
Registered: Oct 15, 2012
Total Posts: 172
Country: Switzerland

kings_freak wrote:
...
–Tony


Wonderful, both series...

Let's try to hold up with a cheapo-shot:



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4331
Country: United States

kings_freak wrote:
On my last outing with Nikki, I went to the Corona Heritage Museum, with my Mom, and walked around a bit. This was the first time I had been there when the train exhibit was open. I went in and met the two gentlemen that ran the exhibit and got a cool history lesson about Corona. The exhibit is built to replicate life in Corona in 1949. Lots of historical buildings as well as landmarks that I recognize today. The neat part, is that I am now going to photograph the whole exhibit to be used for their promo media and they will have my shots playing on a large flatscreen in their exhibit booth. They will also hand out my cards during the exhibits. Pretty cool!

–Tony


Daffodils by T&J Photography, on Flickr


Corona, CA - Circa 1949 by T&J Photography, on Flickr



Very nice series Tony. I like these two the best.



mp356
Registered: May 31, 2009
Total Posts: 4331
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:

mike-in-ak wrote:
Sorry I'm late to this conversation but thought I would add that I cheated with my D300 / D700 and installed a third party split prism focus screen to aid in focusing as I find using the "dot" annoying and it is a carry over from my F body. My question for Nikon is why did you limit the non-CPU lens entries to only 9? I got way more than that.


I know what you mean, maybe someone can come up with a hack to fix this.


Everyone on this thread that responds to this 9 lens limit probably has a bad case of NMFAS, or if not, will soon.



1       2       3              2691      
2692
       2693              4306       4307       end