1       2       3              2689      
       2691              4051       4052       end

raboof
Total Posts: 1426

Do I need to rotate this, Leighton?

16mm

Zichar
Total Posts: 3470

Very nice Chuong, the colours are perfect. Love the violet tones. Is that your house?
Just need to defish a lil' and correct the tilt

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2714

Chuong, I like it! Don't usually care for fisheye shots, but this one works for me.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2861

Don't let Curtis see the tilt

Reagan

raboof

Zichar wrote:
Very nice Chuong, the colours are perfect. Love the violet tones. Is that your house?
Just need to defish a lil' and correct the tilt

No Chin, I live in it but it's my brother-in-law's.
I normally hate playing with Photoshop but I will try to improve Thanks.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 12751

Reagan wrote:
Don't let Curtis see the tilt

Reagan

You got me Reagan...

Shots like this Chuong require a different approach. Since it is a fisheye shot let it be one. What I look for is whether the center of the image which should be vertical or horizontal is. The right edge of the pathway in the foreground appears to be in the center of the frame. I'd look at a straight line in the house above that path edge, perhaps a window mullion or a vertical trim piece such as we see on the second level near the middle of the image. Doing that it appears the image should be rotated slightly clockwise. I experimented and came up with this...

I think it might take a bit more rotation, but this is the sort of exercise I would do with an image like this. It is easy accomplished in Photoshop which will give your vertical and horizontal lines to serve as a guide.

CGrindahl

Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.

With or without tubes Jeff, this lens always amazes me. It is definitely one of my desert island lenses. Love both of these shots but I'm always partial to tube work with this lens... Glad you're sharing your work with us. You have a fine eye for composition and take the time to get some interesting shots.

CGrindahl

rafaelcasd wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

A bonus shot from the Series E 50mm... Played around with this one. I like how it turned out, what do you all think?

DSC_7044 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Masterful!

Agreed! I did a bit of play with treatments like this some time ago. It is great fun. I love what you've done Kevin.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8988

raboof wrote:

16mm

Ok, don't have a heart attack or anything, but I like it just as it is!

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

leighton w wrote:
raboof wrote:

16mm

Me too!

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

CGrindahl wrote:
I just received a PM from Tony alerting me to the fact Nikki was shipped today and is on the way to me. Amazing to realize this adventure is drawing to a close. I was a little less than a year ago that Leighton and I had a conversation about trying something like this. And now I'll be the last person to entertain our fair lady before sending her home to Ben who so graciously gave us this opportunity to play. Thanks again Ben.

It is remarkable to realize what this adventure has wrought. Quite a few of the folks who shot with Nikki proceeded to buy a copy of the lens for themselves. And, of course, a few of us became enamored with these old pre-AI lenses with their scalloped focusing rings. I'm still looking at them, which is patently absurd because I already have WAY TOO MANY lenses. Four of them are sitting on the table in front of me, five or six are in my camera bag and the cabinet behind me has so many packed on the shelves there isn't room for me. Of course, I do have a couple of empty camera bags I could press into service...

So by this weekend I expect I'll have a new playmate. I'll put her through her paces as i introduce her to northern California. Who knows, she might like it so much she won't want to got to Australia...

Curtis you're starting to worry me with all of these cracks about how nikki may not make it back to Australia. (There's a big gap on the lens shelf where she belongs)

ben

CGrindahl

You must be talking about MY lens shelf Ben...

I would suggest, however, that when a box arrives at some future date, you should look very carefully to make certain it is an H.C. lens and not an H...

raboof

Thanks everyone for your comments. Thanks Curtis for the tip. I will definitely use that grid more for shots like this.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4888

asiostygius wrote:
Until 90-89 BC Pompeii was a Samnite city allied to Rome, but rebelled against her mighty ally and, as a consequence, the city was besieged by general Sulla during the so called "Social War". Even today it can be seen deep holes made by the stone projectiles launched by Roman's military machine against the northern walls of Pompeii. Eventually Pompeii surrended to the Romans at 89 BC, and became a fully Roman town until the eruption in 79AD.

Some views of the wall and a tower remain between the "Herculaneum" and "Vesuvius" gates, particularly showing the stone projectiles marks at the walls, supposedly from the siege at 89 BC:

D7000 + Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/500s.
Closer view of the holes left at the wall by Roman artillery projectiles near Herculaneum Gate.

Excellent shots. I have enjoyed your series so much Jose. You must have had a wonderful time!

MDoc9523

Foggy14 wrote:
Here are a couple with the 180mm 2.8. I should use this lens more.

Wonderful shots Jeff especially the first one!

MDoc9523

raboof wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. Thanks Curtis for the tip. I will definitely use that grid more for shots like this.

The 16mm is so much fun and getting the rotation can be tricky. So scenes lend them selves more than others. I really like your shot and the rotation does provide some improvement.

saph
Total Posts: 2258

Leighton, its been a while since you have cracked down on lines and sliders, whatsup?

leighton w wrote:
raboof wrote:

16mm

MDoc9523

Here's a few from today using the D600 and 300mm 4.5 EDIF Some of the shots required a very high ISO. The D600 seemed up for the task.

saph

Jose, thanks again for the historical context around those super Pompeii photos. Doesn't look like the Roman artillery broke down those particular walls, the holes don't look that big. But I can imagine the Pompeiians living in fear from the sounds of the bombardment.

Samy

asiostygius wrote:
Until 90-89 BC Pompeii was a Samnite city allied to Rome, but rebelled against her mighty ally and, as a consequence, the city was besieged by general Sulla during the so called "Social War". Even today it can be seen deep holes made by the stone projectiles launched by Roman's military machine against the northern walls of Pompeii. Eventually Pompeii surrended to the Romans at 89 BC, and became a fully Roman town until the eruption in 79AD.

Some views of the wall and a tower remain between the "Herculaneum" and "Vesuvius" gates, particularly showing the stone projectiles marks at the walls, supposedly from the siege at 89 BC:

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 250, f/5.6 at 1/250s. ~20% cropped.
Defensive tower remnants near Vesuvius Gate at Pompeii northern Wall.

D7000 + Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd hand held, ISO 250, f/8 at 1/60s. ~10% cropped.
Holes of ballista (or other Roman artillery machine) projectiles near Vesuvius Gate at Pompeii northern Wall.

D7000 + Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/400s.
Holes of Roman artillery projectiles near Herculaneum Gate at Pompeii northern Wall.

D7000 + Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai hand held, ISO 320, f/5.6 at 1/500s.
Closer view of the holes left at the wall by Roman artillery projectiles near Herculaneum Gate.

saph

Kevin, loved that old car and the post processing you did!

Jeff, very nice capture of that road and the lane markers, crooked and all.

1       2       3              2689      
       2691              4051       4052       end