Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2687

1       2       3              2687      
       2689              5885       5886       end

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the game. Of course, for kids this age, the game is a bit different because every inning ALL team members are either in the field or taking their turn at bat. The inning ends not with three out but only after everyone has had a chance to bat. There may be five infielders and six outfielders and one of the coaches does the pitching for his team. It is quite wonderful. Everyone is encouraged. AND, there were hotdogs. I was shooting with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd and caught these three shots. I couldn't resist a triptych...

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Scott, Peter, Paul, Philippe, Ray - thank you guys for your kind comments!

Rafael, very nice work with the 85/1.8 (and the 16/2.8AF too). My favs are the shot of your Corvette and the close-up of the pineapple (somehow I like the hexagonal highlights here).

John, your images look like a really happy family-weekend. The local baseball-team is sharing an occasionally mowed meadow with the local rugby-team - soccer is king over here;-)

Peter from Knysna - thanks for the informations about your coast. I was just curious about the sharks.

Leighton, I like your B&W-portraits a lot. And the bent tulips too. And "Red&Yellow" too ;-)

Ben, "Rode Out West" is one of your best shots with the 24PC-E so far (in my opinion). The framing is top-notch and I like your post-processing as well.

Peter from Madison - very cool mountaineering-shots! Love the first pano. And regarding the cell-phone-image - I've thought at first: "Cool, a photographer with a proper lightmeter!". Times are changing for sure

Philippe, I like especially the 180mm-view of the old church. I shoot buildings too often with a superwide-lens - walking a good way back and shooting with a longer lens is in many cases the better approach (but time-consuming, right?).
The street-shot is fantastic too - love the "Produit de Quality"-sign above the texting lady ;-)

Ray from Ohio - very nice work at the river! My fav is the first shot - what a beautiful mood, captured in a proper fashion.
Maybe you could have gotten a sunburst with the sun in a branch fork (when I try to get sunburst, I try to hide the sun a little bit to make it smaller).
A small movement of the camera can make a big difference.

Samy, the squirrel-shot made me smile! Beautiful work with the 58/1.4 and the tubes too (personal fav is #2)!

Curtis, nice action-squence packed into the triptych!

philipj
Total Posts: 885

bruni wrote:
Phillip - I'll be interested to hear what you think of the 45PCE if you go that way - it's tempting me. But I'm saving my pennies for the upcoming Zeiss 55mm f1.4.

ben

That'll be a lot of pennies, which we just got rid of here in Canada!

I find all the PCE lenses interesting, but it'll be some time before I make any plunges on new lenses. I need to find a real job first, now that school's almost up.

Speaking of Zeiss, I'm worried that the rumours of Zeiss making a 28mm f/1.4 in the same series as the 55 you're interested in are true. I'll almost be required to buy that lens given how much I enjoy the 28mm focal length.

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Yesterday evening I had the opportunity to take some pictures of a pianist during his "warm-up" for a concert.
I hate to take pictures during classical concerts - my DSLR's are way too loud for most concerts and the completely silent Nikon V1 (in electronic shutter mode) is challenged at higher ISO-settings.

Nikon D3s at ISO1250, 1/250sec, Ai 24/2 wide open, a tiny dose of bounced flash

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

CGrindahl wrote:
Kit building is forever John... Sometimes that involves selling lenses and sometimes it involves buying the same lens again when we discover we miss it. Or like Reagan we buy and sell and buy and sell because life in Florida is so boring there's nothing else to do... Oops, I may find myself there one day and I'll have to eat those words...

This time sold 2 bought 1 and its not boring in Florida. I turned down a more than decent profit to keep the SS
and now a set of headers is tugging at me

My son graduates college this Thursday so maybe I will have a little more money every month. Just too many hobbies

Reagan

raboof
Total Posts: 2094

Another flower. Shot with a 300mm f4.5+ PK-13. No sharpening.

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 441

georgms wrote:
Yesterday evening I had the opportunity to take some pictures of a pianist during his "warm-up" for a concert.
I hate to take pictures during classical concerts - my DSLR's are way too loud for most concerts and the completely silent Nikon V1 (in electronic shutter mode) is challenged at higher ISO-settings.

Nikon D3s at ISO1250, 1/250sec, Ai 24/2 wide open, a tiny dose of bounced flash

Georg, the mystery hand sneaking up in the picture is marvellous!

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

John, nice images from the Mariners game. Your daughters seem to be having a great time!

Philippe, the 180 image of the old church has wonderful detail and nice colors.

Leighton, the tulip and marigold images with the 50-135 are outstanding! Great color and backgrounds.

Samy, the blackbird in a nice catch. Dark subjects can be challenging.

Ray (OH), like the sunrise images very much.

Chin, love the shot of the "Queen". Quite the hairdoo! Has a movie star look to it.

Curtis, more wonderful flower images. Really like the first of the series.

Chuong, nice tulip image.

Georg, I like the three handed pianist.

CGrindahl

So a few baseball images... all with the 200 f/4 Q.C. AI'd.

This is my friend's son Nico. Taking photos as he swung the bat I could see how limiting is the cast he wears on his right wrist. He missed a few swings but eventually got a resounding hit. There is no striking out or walking for this age group.

j.liam
Total Posts: 2299

Curious what you find more appealing in this lens, as opposed to newer AI/AIS versions of the 200/4, aside from its build and handling?

mp356
Total Posts: 5637

Some odds and ends from the weekend. Thanks for looking.
Scott

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

pburke wrote:
Let's keep the post to view ratio low - another pano stitch - 209 degree view this time, again with the 20mm f3.5 vertically held, total of 11 overlapping frames. All stitching done in Microsoft ICE, which deals with big panos way better than Photoshop. All source frames f8 1/320s ISO 100, polarizer. Sorry for the 1400 pixels blowing out some monitors, but that's the only way to look at this unless you go to Photosynth to see it in the viewer

Peter

Just AWEsome.

CGrindahl

j.liam wrote:
Curious what you find more appealing in this lens, as opposed to newer AI/AIS versions of the 200/4, aside from its build and handling?

Build and handling mean a great deal to me. The AI-s lens was among the first I bought and for its length it is simply too small. But remember, I don't use a tripod so I'm relying on my own balance and the weight of the camera and lens. I find the 180 f/2.8 AI-s to be MUCH preferable to the 200 AI-s for a number of reasons, but one is certainly how well it balances on the D700. The Q.C. is not as heavy as the 180 but it is a long lens with a bit of bulk and certainly more weight than the AI-s version. It has been pure pleasure shooting with it and there is nothing in its performance to put me off. Now someone shooting with a 36 megapixel camera might have a different opinion, but I'm having a great time with it...

Little girls come to the game too...

CGrindahl

A crop of a boy sitting on the fence not too far from where I stood... and then his dad leaning on the fence... not cropped.

And, the sweetest shot of the day... These were all shot wide open.

markhout
Total Posts: 717

Jeez, I blinked and there are two million views.

Congrats to all posters for their sharp, brilliant, contrasty and bokehlicious images!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8401

mp356 wrote:
John, nice images from the Mariners game. Your daughters seem to be having a great time!

Thanks - they were having a good time until they got cold from eating their sno-cones . . .

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8401

Here's another one from the other night - 400mm f/5.6 ED AI used.
Since it was a fairly warm day (by Seattle standards at least) the atmospheric seeing was not too good, so at the pixel level things are a bit blurry (but in an atmospheric turbulence crinkly kind of way as opposed to a soft lens kind of way).

Next week we are supposed to have some spectacular weather so I'm going to try to get up early and take some similar images, but at sunrise, which highlights the snow on the mountains (plus the air will be a lot more steady).

jcslone
Total Posts: 478

Hey everyone! It's been a long, busy past several months since I got back from Afghanistan last September. Being recently married with 2 kids and now 2 dogs is quite the adventure! I'm sad to say that over the past few months my kit has collected dust (albeit in a nice nifty padded pelican case lol) and my iPhone has taken more pictures recently than any of my cameras. My upload/sell subscription has expired so I'll have to share these shots from Facebook. Hopefully the links work and you can all view them. They're of our two dogs, Jenny and Tasha. Jenny is a 2 year old Boxer/Lab mix and Tasha is a 8 week old 3/4 German Shepherd and 1/4 Australian Shepherd mix.

D3K + 50/1.4 pre-AI

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151407677561818&l=32c78f5388

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151407677516818&l=f0a46e8107

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151407677656818&l=c9649ee534

Pretty sure I missed focus on a couple of them

Cheers!

Josh

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 2483

Weekend is over, just had to go for a late ride and catch a couple of shots, 85mm 1.8K Fully open on both shots.

Not sure of calling it young and old rides, or riding into the sunset.

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8 k at 1,8 D800 late sunday young and old rides by Rafael CA, on Flickr

I went there in purpose, these scrub oaks light up at sunset. This is the enchanted elfin forest.

nikon nikkor 85mm 1.8 k at 1,8 D800 late sunday burning oaks by Rafael CA, on Flickr

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

jcslone wrote:
D3K + 50/1.4 pre-AI

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151407677561818&l=32c78f5388

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151407677516818&l=f0a46e8107

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151407677656818&l=c9649ee534

Pretty sure I missed focus on a couple of them

Cheers!

Josh

I changed the links to http to make them clickable

1       2       3              2687