Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2677

1       2       3              2677      
       2679              5884       5885       end

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4676

pburke wrote:
From Mount Whitney - all 20mm f3.5 AI on D600. Love the size and weight of the lens for excursions like this. The 14mm stayed in the car that trip.

f/8 1/250s iso 100 polarizer

f/8 1/125s iso 100

f/11 1/80s iso 100 polarizer

Wow...just wow... These are stunning. I look at that third one and I feel like I am there.

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

kwoodard wrote:

Wow...just wow... These are stunning. I look at that third one and I feel like I am there.

you'll really feel like are there when you have to dodge the basketball sized boulder that guy above us kicked loose

jhinkey
Total Posts: 8396

pburke wrote:
From Mount Whitney - all 20mm f3.5 AI on D600. Love the size and weight of the lens for excursions like this. The 14mm stayed in the car that trip.

f/8 1/250s iso 100 polarizer

f/8 1/125s iso 100

f/11 1/80s iso 100 polarizer

Awesome images Paul - show me more show me more!

John

pburke

jhinkey wrote:

John

All in due time A lot can't be posted here, because I carried a 24-85mm as primary

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1940

One from this morning just before work.

jhinkey

pburke wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

John

All in due time A lot can't be posted here, because I carried a 24-85mm as primary

That's OK - just point me to where you post those. Since I do very similar outdoor activities I love looking at other's shots from similar outings.

This summer we plan on climbing glacier peak in the cascades and will try to bring along my FX gear (and assorted MF glass if I can):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_Peak

John

pburke

pbraymond wrote:

is that an attack duck?

pbraymond

pburke wrote:
pbraymond wrote:

is that an attack duck?

Very territorial Canadian Geese, at one point it was harassing a total of six deer in the area. I missed the goose in this shot, but the motion in the deer is caused by the goose.

BTW, this morning I rediscovered the silly Nikon autoISO function that sets target shutter speed to 1/30 with all MF glass.

kwoodard

pbraymond wrote:
pburke wrote:
pbraymond wrote:

is that an attack duck?

Very territorial Canadian Geese, at one point it was harassing a total of six deer in the area. I missed the goose in this shot, but the motion in the deer is caused by the goose.

BTW, this morning I rediscovered the silly Nikon autoISO function that sets target shutter speed to 1/30 with all MF glass.

Great shot! Loved the first one too.

On your AutoISO function, can you not adjust your minimum shutter speed? I have mine set for 1/500 second so I don't end up in your situation.

Reagan
Total Posts: 4614

pburke wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

John

Post them on the d600 image thread

Reagan

pbraymond

It all unfolded while I was stopped to photograph this tree. It was a fun morning with the MF glass. A zoom would have afforded a little more compositional flexibility but I only took a 28, 105, and 200.

pbraymond

kwoodard wrote:

On your AutoISO function, can you not adjust your minimum shutter speed? I have mine set for 1/500 second so I don't end up in your situation.

Thanks Kevin. Lenses without CPU's do not transmit focal length, and the camera defaults to a 1/30 target shutter speed. You would think the person that wrote the code to allow non-CPU lens registrations would have talked to the person who wrote the autoISO routine.....

kwoodard

pbraymond wrote:
kwoodard wrote:

Thanks Kevin. Lenses without CPU's do not transmit focal length, and the camera defaults to a 1/30 target shutter speed. You would think the person that wrote the code to allow non-CPU lens registrations would have talked to the person who wrote the autoISO routine.....

Ahh, on my D7000, I put the lens into the Non-CPU lens data section. Doesn't your camera have that?

pburke

pbraymond wrote:

I think your best option with features like this is the "OFF" position. What other than adding noise will it do? I recall how I once messed up a lot of tripod shots in low light, pushing iso to high levels, while I was wondering "wow, there is a lot of light here, I thought this exposure should be a few seconds..." I've used it initialy thinking it would save a few shots, but in the end it had more negative than positive effect on my picture taking. I now make sure it's off, all the time, any lens, and choose my iso manually as needed.

philipj
Total Posts: 885

Some roaming around today with the 28mm f/2.8 AI-s.

Sneakers by philipjohnson, on Flickr

The Great Hall is a building at the corner of the street I live on and the famous Queen St West. The late morning sun works here.

A Great Hall by philipjohnson, on Flickr

The site of the former Provincial Lunatic Asylum (and which remains to this day the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) is surrounded by a wall built by the members of the asylum nearly a hundred years ago.

Provincial Lunatic Asylum Wall by philipjohnson, on Flickr

Finally, this lady's pants were so exciting that I thought I'd spot meter off her jacket and see what happened. It didn't take too much post work to get the effect I was going for.

Blinding by philipjohnson, on Flickr

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Philip, I like your unique and always brisk style. Very nice shots above - my personal favs are the overhead-shoes and the fancy pants.

philipj
Total Posts: 885

Thanks Georg! Really appreciate the comments.

jhinkey

One of these rigs is available locally -

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pho/3767950517.html

Not that I'm interested, but others might!

kwoodard

jhinkey wrote:

Anyone want to buy this for me? I won't pay you back, but will be eternally grateful.

jhinkey

kwoodard wrote:
jhinkey wrote:

Anyone want to buy this for me? I won't pay you back, but will be eternally grateful.

This same guy actually has a ton of great gear currently on CL - one of which is a 500/4P that I can't currently swing the $$ for. He's not terribly close to me - about an hours drive or so on the opposite side of the Seattle metropolis, otherwise I might pay a visit and take a peek at his gear in person.

John

1       2       3              2677      
       2679              5884       5885       end