Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2653

1       2       3              2653      
2654
       2655              5891       5892       end

rankamateur
Registered: Nov 25, 2007
Total Posts: 877
Country: United States

Magnolia's are blooming like crazy now. 45mm GN Ai 100% crop



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Would you believe Ray, that I've been looking at real estate to buy in Florida... and that after seeing your excellent photos of the owl? Sue has been given notice where she lives and must vacate in 90 days. She has been in her affordable apartment for 15 years and is quite concerned that she won't be able to find a rental that she can afford. And wherever Sue is, I'll be... We hope it will be here, but a fall back position might be to move to where prices are affordable. Since Sue has family in Delray Beach we might consider that a fallback. So your owls got me looking Ray...

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Wow. Too bad you couldn't share. Ninety days to move isn't that long, and for that kind of uprooting, it's even worse. Moving to FL in mid-summer would not be kind to either of you. UGH.


Yes, FL in the Summer UGH. But isn't that where all the old folks move to?


Summer in Florida = beaches filled with women wearing those skimpy bikinis . Mai tai's while sitting under an umbrella on the beach with the breeze blowing in off the ocean. Swimming in bath water clear waters. It is definitely an acquired taste that took me at least 2 min to get used to



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

I found the mate to the barred owl that I posted yesterday. I don't know which is which but they are both beautiful



asiostygius
Registered: Nov 29, 2011
Total Posts: 3289
Country: Brazil

Thanks Samy.

What a great "boom" of gorgeous flower + bokeh images last 24hs ! - Spetacular images from Curtis, Samy, Ronny and Ron.

Georg, I loved the grainy B&W flowers and the rust stuff;

John, great vacation captures;

Jeff, I hope your recover as soon as possible.



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

rolubich wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:




I really like this one Ronny, great shot.


Agreed. I am going to try and reproduce the look with some flowers I have around here.



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1650
Country: Australia

the camel train Curtis put nikki on finally arrived!!

Thank you for the little surprises in the box - they will be treasured!

Rinie - I have the magnet up at work.
Laura - love the B25 pin
Scott - yes, the tape made it intact and I was delighted by my surprise.

There were a couple of filters and a hood there too - total score! Thank you so much.

I'm going out to take some shots today!

ben



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Thanks all for comments on my pics.

Here are two more shots from the flea market with the 85 HC :




The statue reminds me of a young "Alfred E. Neuman" but I don't think he ever lived in France

Top Shelf, Phillipe

Reagan



Reagan
Registered: Jan 10, 2010
Total Posts: 4619
Country: United States

rolubich wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:




I really like this one Ronny, great shot.


+1

Reagan

I need to catch up opn about 10 pages been playing with AF
It seems like I need a refresher course

Reagan



bruni
Registered: Feb 15, 2012
Total Posts: 1650
Country: Australia

leighton w wrote:
I'm going to use the 105 f2.5 AI-s more I think. It's really sharp, this is a 75% crop of our neighbor at the market.


this is great Leighton - going to be busy with nikki for a while - but you've made me think I should revisit the 105.

John - lovely shots of your wedding venue - you really know how to bring out the best in that 16mm.

Curtis - you're outdoing yourself on your recent flower shots.

ben



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

Reagan wrote:
I need to catch up opn about 10 pages been playing with AF
It seems like I need a refresher course

Reagan


Blasphemy!



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9318
Country: United States

Following Monty, eh?

Reagan wrote:
rolubich wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:




I really like this one Ronny, great shot.


+1

Reagan

I need to catch up opn about 10 pages been playing with AF
It seems like I need a refresher course

Reagan



NightOwl Cat
Registered: Feb 19, 2007
Total Posts: 9318
Country: United States

Ray, are you trying to say that the FL women on the beach are too wrinkly?

Reagan wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Would you believe Ray, that I've been looking at real estate to buy in Florida... and that after seeing your excellent photos of the owl? Sue has been given notice where she lives and must vacate in 90 days. She has been in her affordable apartment for 15 years and is quite concerned that she won't be able to find a rental that she can afford. And wherever Sue is, I'll be... We hope it will be here, but a fall back position might be to move to where prices are affordable. Since Sue has family in Delray Beach we might consider that a fallback. So your owls got me looking Ray...

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Wow. Too bad you couldn't share. Ninety days to move isn't that long, and for that kind of uprooting, it's even worse. Moving to FL in mid-summer would not be kind to either of you. UGH.


Yes, FL in the Summer UGH. But isn't that where all the old folks move to?



Its really not that hot here in the summer just humid.Always an ocean breeze blowing from the Southeast
Usually you have till about 830am before you start a good sweat
Besides if they moved someone would need to step up with The California Girls shots that have been lacking lately

Reagan



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

All of the the flower photos have inspired me



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Happy to know the lens arrived safely Ben. I hope you didn't have to hassle with customs. It will be fun to see what you do with the lens the second time around. Now that both you and Philippe have copies of this lens I expect photographic skirmish. Of course, Philippe has the advantage of living in France but you are on the water. This should be fun to watch...

As an aside, the 105 f/2.5 P pre-AI lens I bought recently arrived today and it is in like new condition. Now if I can exchange aperture rings I should be in business. This is definitely a lens worth keeping in my kit for a very long time. The rear cap has writing that says "UM School of Journalism," with UM doubtless referring to the University of Montana which is in Missoula. Although the listing noted location as Seattle, the lens was shipped from Missoula. I hope it wasn't stolen from the school...



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

Great flower shot Ray. I see the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF works as well in Florida as it does in California... You've got the eye my friend.



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Ray, are you trying to say that the FL women on the beach are too wrinkly?

Reagan wrote:
leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Would you believe Ray, that I've been looking at real estate to buy in Florida... and that after seeing your excellent photos of the owl? Sue has been given notice where she lives and must vacate in 90 days. She has been in her affordable apartment for 15 years and is quite concerned that she won't be able to find a rental that she can afford. And wherever Sue is, I'll be... We hope it will be here, but a fall back position might be to move to where prices are affordable. Since Sue has family in Delray Beach we might consider that a fallback. So your owls got me looking Ray...

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Wow. Too bad you couldn't share. Ninety days to move isn't that long, and for that kind of uprooting, it's even worse. Moving to FL in mid-summer would not be kind to either of you. UGH.


Yes, FL in the Summer UGH. But isn't that where all the old folks move to?



Its really not that hot here in the summer just humid.Always an ocean breeze blowing from the Southeast
Usually you have till about 830am before you start a good sweat
Besides if they moved someone would need to step up with The California Girls shots that have been lacking lately

Reagan


A few are for sure but the majority Not



MDoc9523
Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Total Posts: 5115
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
Great flower shot Ray. I see the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF works as well in Florida as it does in California... You've got the eye my friend.


Thanks Curtis. I bought this lens because of you



kwoodard
Registered: Aug 04, 2012
Total Posts: 4683
Country: United States

CGrindahl wrote:
Happy to know the lens arrived safely Ben. I hope you didn't have to hassle with customs. It will be fun to see what you do with the lens the second time around. Now that both you and Philippe have copies of this lens I expect photographic skirmish. Of course, Philippe has the advantage of living in France but you are on the water. This should be fun to watch...

As an aside, the 105 f/2.5 P pre-AI lens I bought recently arrived today and it is in like new condition. Now if I can exchange aperture rings I should be in business. This is definitely a lens worth keeping in my kit for a very long time. The rear cap has writing that says "UM School of Journalism," with UM doubtless referring to the University of Montana which is in Missoula. Although the listing noted location as Seattle, the lens was shipped from Missoula. I hope it wasn't stolen from the school...

Shouldn't be too hard, couple small screwdrivers and maybe a soldering iron to heat up a stuck screw...

I have a Series E 50mm that I want to service and has a few stubborn screws. This one looks like someone spilled a soda on and it dried inside. The glass is even cleaner than my first 50mm, which I didn't think possible until I saw this one. I hope I can revive it.

Tomorrow should be my "Macro lunch" provided the wind dies down. I am bringing my kit to work since I have a long lunch and am going to try some focus stacking. I did some figuring and I think magnification is about 1:4 with my 135, 1:2 with my 50, 1:1 with my 28, 1.5: 1 with a reversed 50, and a staggering 2.6:1 with a reversed 28!



CGrindahl
Registered: Dec 17, 2004
Total Posts: 16784
Country: United States

MDoc9523 wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Great flower shot Ray. I see the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF works as well in Florida as it does in California... You've got the eye my friend.


Thanks Curtis. I bought this lens because of you


Thats what friends are for Ray... As I recall, you were lugging around a much too heavy f/2.8 lens and this little beauty saved your shoulder while giving you the performance you want. Very wise move. Needless to say, should you ever decide to take the plunge with the 400 f/5.6 AI or AI-s with ED glass, you'd be equally happy. Nikon really knew what it was doing when it made those light weight lenses. I'll not likely ever take the plunge with the 500 f/4 but that would be another stunner to add to one's kit.

I just checked with the local camera technician and he said he'd be happy to swap out the aperture rings of my growing assemblage of pre-AI Nikkors. I told him about the 105 but not the 50. I guess I either have to invest in some equipment or spend a bit of money to let him do it. Tomorrow I'll take the lenses in for him to see exactly what is involved.

And for those of you who are adept at doing such work, consider I live in a cottage without a workshop and don't own anything but a few auto repair tools. I'd be starting from scratch. Although I've taken engines out of cars, I'm not certain I have the patience and fortitude to open up four lenses. More will be revealed.



saph
Registered: Jun 10, 2012
Total Posts: 3699
Country: United States

Great flower shots. Ray's Florida flower is beautiful, and Ronny's flower that seems aflame is very striking.

Reagan, I wouldn't respond to Laura, she's walking you into trouble

Got to the flowers and camera very late today, as the sun was disappearing, so had to bump up the ISO to 2000. This was with the 5.8cm 1.4S + PK-13, at f/11. Shutter speed at 1/250 to counter the wind swaying the flowers.









1       2       3              2653      
2654
       2655              5891       5892       end