/forum/topic/929565/2647

1       2       3              2647      
       2649              3801       3802       end

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2828

bruni wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. .

You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

Huh??!! This is crazy....I bought the 24mmPCE and the zeiss 85P because of YOU - not the other way around.

Haven't been out to take pics much lately - but if I was tempted AND I'M NOT - it would be the new zeiss 55mm f1.4 - bit out of my league but Phillippe, with the BMW and the Dassault Falcon - I'm sure you could swing it.

What happened to the nikon 24 mm f1.4 you were going to get? I'm still waiting for those shots!

ben

Be patient, Ben! I need to rent one soon but I'm just a little bit busy.

I sold my Zeiss 100 MP yesterday. No regret. I way prefer my 85 P and actually didn't use the 100 much.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11926

Philippe, you could always add a 105 f/2.5 to your kit to cover that focal length at a considerably reduced price. It is always a pleasure to see your work on this thread and every new MF Nikkor added to your kit increases the likelihood you'll join us.

I don't believe you were here when a former member of FM, Todd Adamson, was sharing a comparison he did between the Zeiss 100 and the Nikon 105 f/2.5. The Nikkor didn't do too badly. It was a bit like the 1973 Stag's Leap cabernet sauvignon that turned a few heads in Paris so many years ago...

He did a first comparison and then after receiving comments did a bit more elaborate comparison adding the Nikon 70-200 to the second part. Just for fun...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/940602/0?keyword=useless,exercise#8885589

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/940944

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

CGrindahl wrote:
I visited an out of the way location to check photo possibilities. I'd first found it seven years ago when I was just getting serious about photography and rambled around my home town and the other towns in Marin looking for something fresh. That first time I had a friends Nikon 5700, a 5 megapixel camera with a rather profound shutter lag. It was my frustration with the shutter lag that motivated me to buy my first DSLR, the Canon Digital Rebel, 300D. But I got some good shots with that Nikon including six or seven at this particular location. The sun was setting... there was a bank of fog lying on the distant hill... colors were those of a lovely sunset. I processed the JPG files. I think they were about 1.5 megapixels. I posted one of those photos on Trekearth. It was well received.

htt

I've no idea whether they will renew the licensing agreement. I've made quite a bit of money off that rather humble photo. I guess that goes to show that being in the right place at the right time is a good thing.

congrats Curtis - looks like they have no choice but to renew if the trees have blocked the view.

ben

Lieutenant Z

with the 28 & the 85 HC :

pburke
Total Posts: 1634

MDoc9523 wrote:
Well I just took the plunge and ordered a D600. I am also keeping my D7000 so I have the best of both worlds. I know that's selfish of me but I miss having a back up camera. I love the DX format but I can't wait to try FX for the first time. With Canon I had the 1.3 crop but it just isn't the same as full frame. Leighton says the view finder on FX won him over so we will see. Thanks to everyone for your input. I couldn't decide so now I will have both

I sold my D7000 two days after I got the D600. Absolutely no regrets. You'll have to make up your mind very soon, because the value of a used D7000 is about to plummet to D90 levels.

Miss the crop sensor on long lenses? I can always crop the D600 image and it'll be fine.

Backup camera? I still have my F3HP, and somewhere in the basement, without lenses, I do hide an EOS1n with power booster

Lieutenant Z

CGrindahl wrote:
Philippe, you could always add a 105 f/2.5 to your kit to cover that focal length at a considerably reduced price. It is always a pleasure to see your work on this thread and every new MF Nikkor added to your kit increases the likelihood you'll join us.

I don't believe you were here when a former member of FM, Todd Adamson, was sharing a comparison he did between the Zeiss 100 and the Nikon 105 f/2.5. The Nikkor didn't do too badly. It was a bit like the 1973 Stag's Leap cabernet sauvignon that turned a few heads in Paris so many years ago...

He did a first comparison and then after receiving comments did a bit more elaborate comparison adding the Nikon 70-200 to the second part. Just for fun...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/940602/0?keyword=useless,exercise#8885589

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/940944

Thanks Curtis fot the links, I will take the matter under consideration even if I'm not a fan of that lenght.

CGrindahl

My favorite focal length WAS 85 but the 105 has definitely tickled my fancy since I came over from Canon.

Love the two images you posted. You really have built a very sweet kit with the 28, 50, 85 and 180. They are all excellent lenses that seem to be very happy on your camera... Keep the photos coming Philippe. I love Paris at any season.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8581

CGrindahl wrote:
Nice to see you haven't lost power Leighton. Have you been liberated from your boot? Inquiring minds...

Actually...We just got power back a couple of hours ago, we've been on the generator. The village didn't loose power so we were able to have an internet connection. We went for photo drive, and to get gas for the generator, and when we got home, it was on! You don't know how much you miss things until they're gone.

Here's few from the drive, all taken with the 50-135mm.

Oh, and I have been "liberated" from the boot, so-far-so-good!

leighton w

Lieutenant Z wrote:

Both of these are stunning! Same model different perspective, I love it!

Lieutenant Z

Thank you Leighton.
Very cool set from you, I especially love the 1st one, very nice!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1839

leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

Both of these are stunning! Same model different perspective, I love it!

+1

Great shots leighton..

CGrindahl

Wonderful images Leighton and congratulations on liberation. Now watch where you're walking...

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4592

leighton w wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Nice to see you haven't lost power Leighton. Have you been liberated from your boot? Inquiring minds...

Actually...We just got power back a couple of hours ago, we've been on the generator. The village didn't loose power so we were able to have an internet connection. We went for photo drive, and to get gas for the generator, and when we got home, it was on! You don't know how much you miss things until they're gone.

Here's few from the drive, all taken with the 50-135mm.

Oh, and I have been "liberated" from the boot, so-far-so-good!

Ok I love this one Leighton. So glad you got the boot off!

leighton w

Thanks Philippe, Ronny, Curtis and Ray!

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2382

I am more than likely going to be selling off my 80-200mm f/4.5 AI. With the exception of one set of shots, I have not used its full reach at all. I play in the 80-120 range... Optically its perfect, aperture is oil free on the blades, no fungus. Like all the others of its kind, it has zoom creep. It hasn't been an issue for me as I hand hold most of the time. If it was faster, I would probably keep it. Figure I would let you all have first crack at it. Letting it go cheap.

Here is a link to my Flickr page for the lens, will get shots of the lens itself this weekend: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDvJshz (I use the short link as FM forum doesn't like the @ in the long link)

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1016

Phillipe
Don't recall seeing much output from you recently, but love the two in the musuem(?).

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1016

Zichar wrote:

Trying to fulfil Leighton's wishes, to see more of life around me, the streets
This is taken in my hometown, a lil' town called Ipoh in Malaysia; at the dingy and dimly lit wet market (thought it was perfect, taking over Dean's duties heh heh)
I haven't been here for at least ten years and it hasn't changed nary a bit - just like I remembered it when I was a kid
Turned around and caught this old man walking through the lanes, surrounded by dried goods (scallops, fish, shellfish, vegetables, peanuts, etc - essential Cantonese culinary ingredients)

Count me in on these wishes too. Like the wet market shot very much.

saph
Total Posts: 2060

Leighton, love the faraway fence and the hills in the back. The middle one's my favorite! Hope your foot survived the battles with the snow.

Philippe, superb captures of that person from two very different perspectives.

A bit of talk about the 500 F4P here, so I am reposting couple pics I found from fall last year. Its a heavy and cumbersome beast, but the sharpness of the image is outstanding.

Samy

saph
Total Posts: 2060

Ron, very nice always to see your DIYs.

Jeff, wow, just your patience in commenting on every post is commendable. Thanks for pulling all those comments together! Often I run out of time to go all that far back.

Peter, great images from your outing. I like that wooden walkway.

Curtis, nice story and pic of that "castle in the woods".

Chin, very interesting peek through the market aisle. Love to see views from all around the world.

Ronny, great shots of your dog again! But I think Reagan wants different subjects for your 180

Mike in AK, wow, a grizzly! Hope to see more from scenic Alaska.
There was on the web a few pictures maybe a year ago of a photographer who had his long lens on a tripod and came across a grizzly (I think Yellowstone). The guy backed off and the bear pushed the 10K equipment over, and stomped on it. He had another camera on his shoulder I guess so he got those pics.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4592

Nice plane shot Rafael!
Andy great shots!!
Chin love the market shot!
Peter the framing on your shots is perfect!
Ronny more amazing shots
Ron that looks like tedious work. You must have a steady hand!
Phillippe beautiful framed shots!
Samy those are some very sharp shots - Love them!
Thanks for all of the comments

1       2       3              2647      
       2649              3801       3802       end