Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2644

1       2       3              2644      
       2646              5887       5888       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

Mihai - Nice set, but the third one does it for me.

Peter - Very nice light in this image.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4209

Ronny, Phillippe, Mihai - really good images.

Ronny Olsson
Total Posts: 5059

Great shot Peter

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Just looking back over the past few pages I do believe that we have some of the best photographers of any site. To think that we are all using the same manual lenses is just amazing. The different styles and flavors are refreshing. Perhaps that's why our thread has had such longevity! I have watched people come and go but to be sure if you study the photos here you can't help but see improvement in your own photography. Ideas on exposure and framing are free for the taking and everyone is willing to share their secrets. Sorry to be long winded but instead of pointing out individual photos I thought that I would give a shout out to the whole group!
WELL DONE!!!!

MDoc9523

We have a pair of Sandhill Cranes that are expecting right here in our complex. Here is a site that explains a little about these birds
http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/education/interactive/springscoast/sandhillcranes.shtml

Here's a shot of her nesting from today using the D7000 300mm 4.5 EDIF and a TC-14A Giving an effective 630mm

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
A banal shot from me with the 85 1.8 HC just to incite Ben to post nice Nikki pictures

You're right!

whatdya mean he's right (nice market shots btw Leighton) ??!!

Nikki hasn't arrived yet - I think Curtis sent it by donkey.

And Phillippe - banal shots aren't going to incite me.

I'm playing with the 135mm f2 ais - telling myself I don't need the zeiss

ben

trying to convince myself I need the zeiss 135mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

Lieutenant Z wrote:
A banal shot from me with the 85 1.8 HC just to incite Ben to post nice Nikki pictures

leighton w wrote:
You're right!

bruni wrote:
whatdya mean he's right (nice market shots btw Leighton) ??!!

Nikki hasn't arrived yet - I think Curtis sent it by donkey.

And Phillippe - banal shots aren't going to incite me.

I'm playing with the 135mm f2 ais - telling myself I don't need the zeiss

ben

trying to convince myself I need the zeiss 135mm f2 by benmorgan28, on Flickr

We FINALLY get to see you Ben!

bruni

leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

leighton w wrote:
You're right!

bruni wrote:
w

[u

huh?

I'm here every day??

ben

MDoc9523

bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

leighton w wrote:
You're right!

bruni wrote:
w

[u

huh?

I'm here every day??

ben

I think he means that is YOU in the photo

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

Wonderful images everyone.

Ronnie, another terrific series. Nice work with the 180.

Leighton, nice to see some images from the farm market.

Samy, I am with you, it is time for spring.

Philippe, nice "banal" shot.

Curtis, beautiful iris.

Mihai, lovely church.

Peter, that is one firery sunset.

Ben, is that a self-portrait?

bruni

MDoc9523 wrote:
bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:

leighton w wrote:
You're right!

bruni wrote:
w

[u

huh?

I'm here every day??

ben

I think he means that is YOU in the photo

oh......missed that....yeah..... very droll.......

ben

Paul Gabel
Total Posts: 441

MDoc9523 wrote:
Just looking back over the past few pages I do believe that we have some of the best photographers of any site. To think that we are all using the same manual lenses is just amazing. The different styles and flavors are refreshing. Perhaps that's why our thread has had such longevity! I have watched people come and go but to be sure if you study the photos here you can't help but see improvement in your own photography. Ideas on exposure and framing are free for the taking and everyone is willing to share their secrets. Sorry to be long winded but instead of pointing out individual photos I thought that I would give a shout out to the whole group!
WELL DONE!!!!

Well said, Ray!

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Ansel, dad and mom, all with the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd. And thanks for the lovely comments. I agree with Ray, we are blessed with talent on this thread. We're having a good time too. I got an email from a fellow who lives not too far from me who posted a few times quite awhile ago. He wanted to give me a heads up about a lens listed on the local craigslist. Although he never posts, he said he continues to follow the thread. There are probably many folks who do check out what is happening here who either don't jump in or wait some time before taking the plunge. It is ALL good!

And the cat who belongs to their neighbor who has become so much a part of the family that his owner has said when they move this summer, they can take Houdini with them...

CGrindahl

Believe it or not Ben, but the clerk stamped the package "Air Mail" as I watched, so I don't think Nikki is coming by tramp steamer. I've no idea whether there are any hangups created by virtue of the fact it carries a customs declaration. I mailed it ten days ago on April 4, First Class International. Hopefully, you'll see it soon and take her for a spin... I've been told patience is a virtue...

saph
Total Posts: 3699

Couple finally without any extension tubes.

The first with the 85 1.4 AIS.

The second one is with the 55 1.2S.

saph

At the risk of dumping too many flower images, here's the last one for today.

Taken with the 85 1.4 AIS at f/2.8. The previous two with the 85 and the 55 lenses were at f/2.

MDoc9523

Very nice Samy. The 85mm 1.4 is one amazing lens especially in good hands

saph

Ronny, great shots again, I like that ajar green door the most of that set.

Philippe I did a quick skim of that page and soon as it went by your post I said that's the Lieutenant! Your style's very unique!

Mihai, that's interesting, never come across the Rroma spelling. And the pics of the 16th century church are very nice.

Peter, beautiful orange sky and silhoutted landscape in the pano.

Ray, love the sandhill crane. Good words describing the work on this thread, and seeing the amazing photos here is an inspiration.

Leighton, so that's Ben

Curtis, those images with the young family are precious! And so is the cat image.

CGrindahl

The devil made me do it... another lens...

I've concluded that the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd is worth upgrading... the hard way... I bought a pre-AI copy that appears to be in EX+ condition. This means I now have TWO pre-AI lenses waiting for me to transfer the Nikon AI conversion kit from the lenses I already own to the "new and improved" versions of the lens. I've been loving the Sonnar version of the 105 and imagine it will continue to be a favorite. Increasingly, I'm carrying all pre-AI lenses in my camera bag, all converted, of course. The only lenses left for me to buy from that era are the 20 f/3.5 UD AI'd and the 85 f/1.8 H.C. AI'd. I'm patient...

bruni

CGrindahl wrote:
The devil made me do it... another lens...

[framG

I've concluded that the 105 f/2.5 P AI'd is worth upgrading... the hard way... I bought a pre-AI copy that appears to be in EX+ condition. This means I now have TWO pre-AI lenses waiting for me to transfer the Nikon AI conversion kit from the lenses I already own to the "new and improved" versions of the lens. I've been loving the Sonnar version of the 105 and imagine it will continue to be a favorite. Increasingly, I'm carrying all pre-AI lenses in my camera bag, all converted, of course. The only lenses left for me to buy from that era are the 20 f/3.5 UD AI'd and the 85 f/1.8 H.C. AI'd. I'm patient...

and as you've told me....... patience is a virtue..... and they say - virtue is its own reward....... but patience has never done anything for me!
Ben

1       2       3              2644      
       2646              5887       5888       end