Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2638

1       2       3              2638      
       2640              3809       3810       end

Oosty
Total Posts: 3940

georgms wrote:
Oosty wrote:
Georg - the B&W's of the buildings are excellent and not too tightly framed at all. BTW was that reall 266000 clicks or was it a typo?

Peter, thanks! No, not a typo - I shoot a lot. My D200 (loved it as a companion for a D2H) had 150.000 clicks on it, now it belongs to my talented sister who continues to squeeze fine images out of this fine camera (it was never serviced, just like the D700). My D7000 is a bit over 99.000 actuations right now and maybe I will break the 100k tomorrow evening (the local soccer club will try to break a series of 123 days without a victory :-).

Here's one of the images from the planned 266.666-clicks-celebration, that didn't turned out as expected:

some of the gear used in the late 90's - D700, shutter actuation # 266.678 (including Live-View's) - PC 85/2.8 D

Now I have to concentrate on shutter actuation # 277.777 ;-)

Georg - I think that's a great image. I still can't get over the total number of clicks you have. Are you sure that camera wasn't hybridised with a Schmeisser?

Thanks for commenting too. I think you would have a lot of fun with the 500mm which isn't fussy at longer range.

Oosty

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Right now, they're saying it's a sprain. I was planning on getting out this week and doing some shooting, but now I've got to stay off my feet, and the open toe shoe isn't going to be very good in the 6-8 inches of snow that's due here...

Thanks John and Georg.

jhinkey wrote:
That looks like a bruised little toe . . . is it broken?

georgms wrote:
Ouch, Laura! Hope your feet will heel soon.

Ow, I kicked a step with my little toe 2 years ago and just looking at that makes my stomach twitch.. Hope you're up and about soon.

Oosty

Avi B wrote:
A few pictures of the icicles around the office from today.

D300 + Nikkor SC AI'd 55/1.2

Love the last one Avi - don't stand under those things they look lethal!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1085

Roadside roof tile factory.
first the molding

nikon nikkor 25-50mm D800 Suchitoto El Salvador Roadside tiles by
Rafael CA, on Flickr

Then the Baking.

nikon nikkor 25-50mm D800 Suchitoto El Salvador Roadside tiles 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

mike-in-ak
Total Posts: 195

Was out with the D3s and the Nikkor 500mm /4 P ED IF last weekend for the Iditarod. Everyone except the girl is looking at the musher. She's the only one watching the athletes.

D3s - Nikkor 500mm /4 P ED IF - ISO 1600 - 1/4000 - /8 - tripod

I will be using this to look for Comet PanSTARRS in the next week or so.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11937

Welcome Mike. You're the first person from Alaska to stop by this thread. You're shooting with a much prized lens. I'd love to see some of your shots of the night sky. Stop by again.

Oosty

mike-in-ak wrote:
Was out with the D3s and the Nikkor 500mm /4 P ED IF last weekend for the Iditarod. Everyone except the girl is looking at the musher. She's the only one watching the athletes.

Welcome back Mike. Nice to see daytime shots too although the aurora images blew me away. You must have posted while Curtis was playing hooky

Something tells me there must nbe some awesome wildlife images in your portfolio with that lens.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2393

CGrindahl wrote:
Welcome Mike. You're the first person from Alaska to stop by this thread. You're shooting with a much prized lens. I'd love to see some of your shots of the night sky. Stop by again.

+1 Welcome Mike! I eagerly await your night shots.

Oosty

Rafael, good to see artisanal work even though they burn wood to fire the kilns. Nice shots.

Oosty

One more with the 500 + PN 11 Handheld a la Curtis of our deck also in my PJ's

At about 5 metres -note the bokeh and extremely shallow DOF

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5221

mike-in-ak wrote:

Oh man you're not helping my 500/4 AI-P lust . . .

The repaired one for $2k is still available locally and the guy might let me shoot with it a bit first . .

Oosty

Still bored so tried "doing a Jose" - D200 + TC 14b + PN 11 +300 4.5 EDIF!! Not bad results and I love the colour . Not up to Ray's standards however as far as the bee is concerned!

Oosty

As I'm seriously considering either a D7000 or a D7100 it strikes me that i may have to buy a new computer as well! Right now I have a PC with 1.6gig RAM and plenty of spare disc capacity.

For those of you who have converted and are tech challenged as I am, how did the change from 10 MP to 16 or 24 MP affect your processing times?

Thanks for input.

saph
Total Posts: 2070

John, if you can confirm the 500 F4P is a good copy, it would be perfect for your kind of photography. Having gone through the 70-300VR and the 150-500 Sigma OS the 500 resolution was such a change.

Peter, I had only come across comments on the donut bokeh for the 500 reflex, you certainly showed there's a lot more to that lens than the donuts. Excellent birding with it!! And just saw the flower shot too, very nice.

Mike from AK, great Iditarod image, hope to see a lot more from Alaska. Good catch on everyone but the girl looking the wrong way

Rafael, very nice to see more of El Salvador through your camera and lenses.

Laura hopefully recovery is quick and you can get around more again.

Georg cool vintage collection and interesting way to celebrate the actuation milestone.

Philippe is buying a business jet? I really have missed a lot of pages recently

Ronny, an outstanding image of your dog over that log. You should try and submit that image to some competition or magazine.

Curtis, you seem to be able to pull of those kinds of handheld shots by the dozen. Good reminder with those blossoms that spring is just a few weeks away here, despite the heavy snow already starting up for today.

Tony, "Out for a stroll" was a great shot (pano?) with Nikki.

Ben, very nice shot with the clumps of people on both side of glass wall. And very pleasant "nothing" shot with the glass of the building reflection the sky.

Ray, the flower shot with the three red "ribbons" is superb!

Ron, thanks for posting the how to for lens dissections!

Jim from SW Virginia, excellent flower image and cool black background.

Scott, so that was frost on the window? VVery nicely caught!

Mark, that yellow flower with the zoom is outstanding.

Jose, exquisite details in that picture of the Stabian baths!

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Thanks to everyone who made kind comments on my set from the 75-150 and also on the shots of the Kiwifruit with the 55mm.

I have some more from the 55mm with and without tubes. I want to enter one of these in this weeks Food challenge but can't think which one. Any sugguestions? (I know in the time left I am relying mainly on Leighton here)

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7185

Chuong, we definitely have snow this morning. Even the base and the museum are closed.

raboof wrote:
Laura - That looks painful. I am also excited about the anticipating snow. However, I don't think we are going to get that much since it's still warm in the air. Hope it gets better soon for you.

Ray, I'm sure you have snow today. I'm half tempted to go get my plastic toboggan and find a hill to go down, before it melts away this weekend.

pbraymond wrote:
Some jealousy when I look at all the flower shots ... it's still very cold here in Ohio. That, and the grey winter skies, lack of snow (that might change tonight) means that the camera stays in the bag, mostly.

John, pretty neat! Now you're going to have to get her a camera to use too, maybe a nice D1h or D200 to start.

jhinkey wrote:

The second makes me so proud! One of my girls hard at work with the D800 and 50/1.2 AIS . . . .

Nice icicles, Avi, didn't realized you had picked up a D300

Avi B wrote:
A few pictures of the icicles around the office from today.

D300 + Nikkor SC AI'd 55/1.2

Peter, the D3 I picked up had 281,754 clicks on it when I bought it.. it has 283,591 as of the last time I used it. Wish I could find the post from the guy that had over 1,200,000 shots on either a D2x or D2h, he was going to keep using it till it croaked.

Oosty wrote:

Georg - the B&W's of the buildings are excellent and not too tightly framed at all. BTW was that reall 266000 clicks or was it a typo?

It's not slowing me down that much, but there's snow out there calling my name

Oosty wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Right now, they're saying it's a sprain. I was planning on getting out this week and doing some shooting, but now I've got to stay off my feet, and the open toe shoe isn't going to be very good in the 6-8 inches of snow that's due here...

Thanks John and Georg.

jhinkey wrote:
That looks like a bruised little toe . . . is it broken?

georgms wrote:
Ouch, Laura! Hope your feet will heel soon.

Ow, I kicked a step with my little toe 2 years ago and just looking at that makes my stomach twitch.. Hope you're up and about soon.

Love this, Mike, and can't wait to see the return of the night skies

Curtis, go back and find his aurora shots.

mike-in-ak wrote:

Mark, I like this one the most

MarkdV wrote:
Thanks to everyone who made kind comments on my set from the 75-150 and also on the shots of the Kiwifruit with the 55mm.

I have some more from the 55mm with and without tubes. I want to enter one of these in this weeks Food challenge but can't think which one. Any sugguestions? (I know in the time left I am relying mainly on Leighton here)

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Mark, I like this one the most

MarkdV wrote:

Thanks Laura. Very sorry to hear about your foot, but admit it - you were just jealouse of Leighton's funky boot, weren't you.

Hope it's feeling better soon and in the meantime enjoy the snow.

saph
Total Posts: 2070

Snow is here so its time to relearn the 300 4.5 AIS.

This is with the lens rested on a window sill. 1/640s, f/5.6, ISO 1000, the PN-11 extension tube tacked on.

Plenty of time in between trying to clear off the snow today, so I might line up the 135 f2 against the Sigma 150 macro to do some sharpness tests. I am presuming a test comparing a Nikon manual lens against an AF lens is okay for this thread. If not Leighton or Curtis put the hammer down

Zichar
Total Posts: 3317

Mark, I like the first too, backlit fruit slices mmm
Then again I may be biased ... see my avatar image

leighton w
Total Posts: 8592

Very nice images on the last couple of pages everyone!

Laura, I can REALLY understand your pain.

We have about 12 to 15 inches on the ground and it's still snowing. I had to take my air boot off and replace it with chore boots for the first time in 3 weeks. Spent two hours snowblowing the driveway and around the hoop-houses so we could beat the snow off. So far everything is alright although we have lost power. I have the generator running to keep the new chicks warm and have some power in the house. The village we live next to has power so our internet is still up, for now anyway. Hope all my friends up North will be ok as this storm is heading your direction!

1       2       3              2638      
       2640              3809       3810       end