Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2637

1       2       3              2637      
       2639              4376       4377       end

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3038

kings_freak wrote:
Well, about the only good thing to happen yesterday was that I received Nikki in the mail. After a really crappy night at work, I came home and attached the lens and played in the fog for a few minutes. It was a nice way to unwind and relax before heading off to bed. This is a 3 shot pano.

I won't have any serious time to spend with it until the weekend, but hopefully I will get to play around the shop tonight. Now, off to bed!

–Tony
Flickr

Fantastic Tony!

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

Thank you all for the comments on my first Nikki shot!

–Tony

kings_freak
Total Posts: 930

bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
Well, about the only good thing to happen yesterday was that I received Nikki in the mail. After a really crappy night at work, I came home and attached the lens and played in the fog for a few minutes. It was a nice way to unwind and relax before heading off to bed. This is a 3 shot pano.

I won't have any serious time to spend with it until the weekend, but hopefully I will get to play around the shop tonight. Now, off to bed!

–Tony

Great way to start off your visit with Nikki!

+1
wasn't sure it was nikki - looks more like a wider angle - kept looking for some telltale sign - not that I know what that would be. Well done Tony

ben

Thank you Ben! She focus very nicely and is nicely balanced on the D800. Thank you again for sharing the lens!

–Tony

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13370

Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. .

You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre ŕ penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

That's what friends are for...

Glad to know you're doing your part for the world economy...

This one? I think it sold for $35 million...

Dassault Falcon 7x

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3038

CGrindahl wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. .

You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre ŕ penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

Dassault Falcon 7x

Serge Dassault is a friend of mine : he gave me a special price, a reduction of 10%

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7848

Lots of beautiful shots lately. Shot from a little while ago, coming home from the hospital with a new shoe...

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6134

That looks like a bruised little toe . . . is it broken?

georgms
Total Posts: 3489

Ouch, Laura! Hope your feet will heel soon.

Curtis, I love, love, love your leaf-abstracts!

Ronny, the shot of Nitro jumping over the log is absolutely outstanding! Your focusing skills are top-notch!

Jose, the "Overview" is perfect, wow! My personal favorite from this set is the "Entrance": for your excellent play with light and shadows, the almost palpable textures and the framing.

Ron, thanks for sharing the lens-repair-basics!

Tony, love the moody pano! Can't wait to see more images taken with Nikki.

Peter, boredom can lead to really interesting pictures. I've never used a Mirror-lens, but your work makes me want to try one.

Tony, Kevin, Mark and Peter: thanks for your comments on the Pathology-shot (and the fisheye-sun too)!

georgms
Total Posts: 3489

Oosty wrote:
Georg - the B&W's of the buildings are excellent and not too tightly framed at all. BTW was that reall 266000 clicks or was it a typo?

Peter, thanks! No, not a typo - I shoot a lot. My D200 (loved it as a companion for a D2H) had 150.000 clicks on it, now it belongs to my talented sister who continues to squeeze fine images out of this fine camera (it was never serviced, just like the D700). My D7000 is a bit over 99.000 actuations right now and maybe I will break the 100k tomorrow evening (the local soccer club will try to break a series of 123 days without a victory :-).

Here's one of the images from the planned 266.666-clicks-celebration, that didn't turned out as expected:

some of the gear used in the late 90's - D700, shutter actuation # 266.678 (including Live-View's) - PC 85/2.8 D

Now I have to concentrate on shutter actuation # 277.777 ;-)

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7848

Right now, they're saying it's a sprain. I was planning on getting out this week and doing some shooting, but now I've got to stay off my feet, and the open toe shoe isn't going to be very good in the 6-8 inches of snow that's due here...

Thanks John and Georg.

jhinkey wrote:
That looks like a bruised little toe . . . is it broken?

georgms wrote:
Ouch, Laura! Hope your feet will heel soon.

raboof
Total Posts: 1538

Laura - That looks painful. I am also excited about the anticipating snow. However, I don't think we are going to get that much since it's still warm in the air. Hope it gets better soon for you.

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1111

Tony, "out for a stroll" is awesome.

Mark, very much enjoyed the kiwi closeups

Curtis, that's quite a Libyan story!

Georg, the university shot is nicely done, I don't think the crop is too tight. The fisheye beach shot is draws me into the picture very well.

Some jealousy when I look at all the flower shots ... it's still very cold here in Ohio. That, and the grey winter skies, lack of snow (that might change tonight) means that the camera stays in the bag, mostly.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1521

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks for the comments, Nancy, Tony, John, Peter, and Georg.

After a busy Monday, today I managed to edit some images of my second day visit to Pompeii.

Jose, admirable, how does one stitch fisheye shots into panos? great images..

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6134

I don't have much to show since all my images from the weekend are sitting in a little cylindrical canister waiting to be processed. But I did find some MF-related images on my cell phone.

First one shows my lumbar bag - in it is:
16/3.5 AI
50/1.2 AIS
135/3.5 AIS
400/5.6 ED AI
FE2
D800
Lunch

Though I lugged all that to the beach I only used the 135/2 and FE2.

The second makes me so proud! One of my girls hard at work with the D800 and 50/1.2 AIS . . . .

Avi B
Total Posts: 6942

jhinkey wrote:
Avi B wrote:
Got a AI ED-IF 400mm f/5.6 just today. Perhaps paid too much for it, but ah well.

Here's a couple of test shots close to work, on the way back from buying the lens.

Congrats Avi - show us a picture of your newest lens sometime. What condition did it end up being in?

John

It was in decent condition. I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it yet, but I shall by the end of the week.

leighton w wrote:
Congrats Avi, there's a few on here that rave about this lens, and I can see why.

Yeah, if I can get the hang of the long focal length, it does its job pretty well.

Avi B
Total Posts: 6942

A few pictures of the icicles around the office from today.

D300 + Nikkor SC AI'd 55/1.2

Oosty
Total Posts: 4047

CGrindahl wrote:
Although laundry beckons, a Skype conversation with Leighton prompted me to pull out the 500 Reflex which I mounted on the camera after our call ended and took a couple of shots from my doorway. I had the PK-13 on the camera with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI so decided to shoot with it... inspired by Peter whose work with the 500 is posted above. Not as bitingly sharp as conventional Nikkors, but not too bad for hand held... leaning on the door frame to be precise.

I promise to stop with the white blossom shots, but they are just outside my door so I didn't have to change into street clothes... I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm still in my pajamas... But then I'm retired and the only master I report to is the one wearing the pajamas...

As long as we don't get a self portrait in your long johns we don't mind what you wear, Curtis

I like the pics too. One good thing abouit the 500 is the absenxe of CA.

Oosty

Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Now you have the means to get here Phillippe, you'll have to visit.... wine tasting can be arranged

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3056

Avi B wrote:
A few pictures of the icicles around the office from today.

D300 + Nikkor SC AI'd 55/1.2

I love the last shot!

Oosty

CGrindahl wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:

Dassault Falcon 7x

Not Phillippe - that one's used!

1       2       3              2637      
       2639              4376       4377       end