/forum/topic/929565/2636

1       2       3              2636      
       2638              3809       3810       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 8593

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Tony Ray and Jose

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Worth another look, this is your best shot of your dog to date! IMO.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2463

leighton w wrote:
Ronny _Olsson wrote:

Worth another look, this is your best shot of your dog to date! IMO.

Agreed with Leighton Ronny, simply awesome!!
Keep more shots of your beautiful dog coming.

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Great photo of your dog, Ronny! One of the reasons I just bought the 180, but, sadly, mine won't arrive until next week.

Particularly good for a MF lens....

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 11937

Oosty wrote:
Jose - thank you. I was about 1M away (MFD with pn 11) the others were about 1.5 M. More great shots from your holiday - judging by the walls in the amphiheatre they probably had gladiators and animals mauling each other to death. Strange that such advanced people could be so savage in their pleasure?

Curtis- thanks. Do you still have your 500 - I remember you bouight it but don't seem to have used it much.

I stopped using it because hand held I simply couldn't keep it steady. I've yet to mount it on the monopod which came when I bought the 400, but your reminder will likely get me there to see it that does the trick. I bought the lens from Harry who posted on the thread during the early days. He was eternally shopping for lenses and often made his finds available to folks on this thread. The 500 I bought from him at a very reasonable price is in pristine condition. It is definitely a specialty lens that can add a bit of spice to one's shooting.

bruni
Total Posts: 1419

leighton w wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
Well, about the only good thing to happen yesterday was that I received Nikki in the mail. After a really crappy night at work, I came home and attached the lens and played in the fog for a few minutes. It was a nice way to unwind and relax before heading off to bed. This is a 3 shot pano.

I won't have any serious time to spend with it until the weekend, but hopefully I will get to play around the shop tonight. Now, off to bed!

傍ony

Great way to start off your visit with Nikki!

+1
wasn't sure it was nikki - looks more like a wider angle - kept looking for some telltale sign - not that I know what that would be. Well done Tony

ben

CGrindahl

bruni wrote:
leighton w wrote:
kings_freak wrote:
Well, about the only good thing to happen yesterday was that I received Nikki in the mail. After a really crappy night at work, I came home and attached the lens and played in the fog for a few minutes. It was a nice way to unwind and relax before heading off to bed. This is a 3 shot pano.

I won't have any serious time to spend with it until the weekend, but hopefully I will get to play around the shop tonight. Now, off to bed!

傍ony

Great way to start off your visit with Nikki!

+1
wasn't sure it was nikki - looks more like a wider angle - kept looking for some telltale sign - not that I know what that would be. Well done Tony

ben

You would know better than most that with the D800 you have a great deal of real estate with which to work. Clearly Tony took advantage of that to give us this composition. I understand what you mean about looking for a signature, but with a fast lens like this that would typically come in bokeh play, which is not evident here, nor should it be.

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. I'll do a bit of testing to compare the H.C. to the H I bought some months ago after my effort to find an H.C. with the AI conversion kit proved futile.

Amazing to realize this adventure is so close to its end. Last summer and autumn it seemed an eternity before I'd get to play, but now it is a matter of a few weeks away. I'm excited.

CGrindahl

Ronny, you are doing awesome work with the 180 f/2.8 AI-s. I imagine I'm not alone in feeling challenged by shooting with MF lenses when the subject is moving. Here you are proving with beautiful images, that it is possible to do so. Your technique is exemplary. Well done.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

Tony, well done Great mood
Jose ,excellent view with the 16

Reagan

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

Ronny, how old is Nitro?

Reagan

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Oosty wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
Ronny that first shot is totally amazing. Great capture on a fast subject!

+1, that is unreal! Great job!

Amazing. One thing you don't need, Ronny, is autofocus!

The sound you may have just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. Stunning

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1851

Thank you all !! Glad you like the picture
Reagan : Years go by.. Nitro gets six in a few months ... I have had German Shepherd since 1992

CGrindahl

Although laundry beckons, a Skype conversation with Leighton prompted me to pull out the 500 Reflex which I mounted on the camera after our call ended and took a couple of shots from my doorway. I had the PK-13 on the camera with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI so decided to shoot with it... inspired by Peter whose work with the 500 is posted above. Not as bitingly sharp as conventional Nikkors, but not too bad for hand held... leaning on the door frame to be precise.

I promise to stop with the white blossom shots, but they are just outside my door so I didn't have to change into street clothes... I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm still in my pajamas... But then I'm retired and the only master I report to is the one wearing the pajamas...

leighton w
Total Posts: 8593

CGrindahl wrote:
Although laundry beckons, a Skype conversation with Leighton prompted me to pull out the 500 Reflex which I mounted on the camera after our call ended and took a couple of shots from my doorway. I had the PK-13 on the camera with the 80-200 f/4.5 AI so decided to shoot with it... inspired by Peter whose work with the 500 is posted above. Not as bitingly sharp as conventional Nikkors, but not too bad for hand held... leaning on the door frame to be precise.

I promise to stop with the white blossom shots, but they are just outside my door so I didn't have to change into street clothes... I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm still in my pajamas... But then I'm retired and the only master I report to is the one wearing the pajamas...

Love the abstract! Oh, were those your PJ'S? You better go do your laundry so you'll have something else to wear.

kings_freak
Total Posts: 929

asiostygius wrote:
Thanks for the comments, Nancy, Tony, John, Peter, and Georg.

After a busy Monday, today I managed to edit some images of my second day visit to Pompeii.

This is a 8 vertical shots pano.
D7000 + Nikkor 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd hand held, ISO 250, f/8 at 1/1600 to 1/640s.

Pompeii's Amphitheatre entrance.
D7000 + Nikkor 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd hand held, ISO 250, f/8 at 1/1125s. ~10% cropped.

Pompeii's Amphitheatre arena partial view
This is a 3 horizontal shots pano.
D7000 + Nikkor 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd hand held, ISO 250, f/8 at 1/250s.

A closer view of the most well preserved seats at the Amphitheatre.
D7000 + Nikkor 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd hand held, ISO 250, f/8 at 1/250s. ~10% cropped.

Excuse me for the big 3000 px images, but original ones were 9000 to 12000 px!

Another great set Jose. I too envision some of the battles that may have taken place.

How do you handle the distortion from the 16mm on the panos?? They look perfect!

傍ony

kings_freak

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Great shot Tony Ray and Jose

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Wow, Ronny! Awesome capture!

傍ony

CGrindahl

That's the idea Leighton...

I only do laundry when I run out of underwear...

kings_freak

asiostygius wrote:
JRT64 wrote:
135 f/3.5 AI with PK-13 tube @ f/11 on D600:

Jim, gorgeous shot.
+1!

傍ony

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 2838

bruni wrote:

I still got nothing - but I don't want Phillippe to feel abandoned - so - a snap from lunch.

ben

I no longer feel abandonned, thanks Ben..... but now I'm jealous of your shots with the PCE.... grrrr...

Lieutenant Z

CGrindahl wrote:

Thanks again Ben for your generosity in allowing all of us to use this excellent lens. Clearly it has inspired quite a number of folks to add this version or its older sibling to their kits. .

You are right. Ben is my new "Maitre penser" : because of him I bought a nikon 85 HC, a Nikon 50 1.8 ais, a Zeiss 85 P, a BMW 530, a Dassault Falcon 7X.....

Lieutenant Z

incredible focusing skills, Ronny!

1       2       3              2636      
       2638              3809       3810       end