Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2627

1       2       3              2627      
       2629              4320       4321       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 9493

MarkdV wrote:
Some love for a lens that doesn't get much use from me, the 75-150mm Series E. A versatile range of focal lengths covered but a couple of peculiarities the stop it becoming a firm favorite like the vignetting on the FX sensor and the zoom creep I haven't quite eliminated yet.
However I think it gives a very nice colour rendition and can make some very pleasing images.

Mark, like the shot of your son, and yes, you can't go wrong with beer and bikes. Just don't ride while drinking!

Lieutenant Z
Total Posts: 3018

leighton w wrote:
Lieutenant Z wrote:
Jose nice & interesting images from Pompeď. What a stunning place !

Nothing special from me, just that pic taken with 85 HC :

Good to see you Philippe. I think your subject is asleep.

thanks Leighton. You are right, painting is quite a tiring work!

bruni
Total Posts: 1425

CGrindahl wrote:
bruni wrote:
I know how you feel Phillippe - I got nothing. I know I don't comment much lately - but I'm still here, still lurking.

ben

You'd better keep hanging around Ben or that lens you loaned us might get lost in San Francisco...

Truth be told, passion for shooting comes and goes, as does the inclination to chat about gear. It is wonderful that we have so many folks visiting this thread, including newcomers who bring their enthusiasm to spice things up. Right now I'm a bit turned on once again by extension tubes and flowers... I'll try to restrain myself...

Yeah I know Curtis - if I don't keep announcing myself I fear I'm never going to see it again. You're going to restrain yourself huh? - looking forward to seeing how that goes!

Peter - no, not a cricket fan - but, yes, it's not going well.

Phillippe - no, never abandoned. It's a bit like you - work is intruding on my real life - and it never stops raining here. Don't worry - I'm following your posts - but you cheat - you post old pics!

ben

bruni

CGrindahl wrote:
bruni wrote:
I know how you feel Phillippe - I got nothing. I know I don't comment much lately - but I'm still here, still lurking.

ben

You'd better keep hanging around Ben or that lens you loaned us might get lost in San Francisco...

Truth be told, passion for shooting comes and goes, as does the inclination to chat about gear. It is wonderful that we have so many folks visiting this thread, including newcomers who bring their enthusiasm to spice things up. Right now I'm a bit turned on once again by extension tubes and flowers... I'll try to restrain myself...

Yeah I know Curtis - if I don't keep announcing myself I fear I'm never going to see it again. You're going to restrain yourself huh? - looking forward to seeing how that goes!

Phillippe - no, never abandoned. It's a bit like you - work is intruding on my real life - and it never stops raining here. Don't worry - I'm following your posts - but you cheat - you post old pics!

ben

bruni

CGrindahl wrote:
bruni wrote:

ben

ben

georgms
Total Posts: 3479

Oosty wrote:
designdog wrote:
Also check the info on one of the .nef files and be sure it is as large as you think it may be.

Are you opening them, or importing them? Try importing.

Also, if you haven't done this, try rebooting your PC. On a Mac, I would repair the permissions. Don't know what the equivalent is on the PC.

You could also download the free demo of Lightroom, or Photoshop, and see if that works...

Thank you for the input. Sadly nothing seems to work but I've had a similar experiene with film where I didn't notice that the take up spool hadn't engagaed the sprockets!

Reminds me of the old story about the executive famed for his good judgement. When asked what he attributed his good judgement to he replied "Bad judgement".

Just says it all.

Peter, sorry to hear about the misfortune! I've had good luck with RescuePro (kinda bundled with Sandisk-Extreme-cards). In the past years I could recover a lot of shots from friends/co-workers with it ("bad cards" or unintentionally deleted shots).

Funny note: I've dropped a CF-card with lotsa sports-shots into a mug of coffee once (strong, black, no milk, no sugar, not even rum) and after a quick rinse with water and some hectic activities with a hair-drier I've found all images on the card without the use of a recovery-program.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 751

Thanks Leighton and Peter.

Leighton - absolutely right, Drinking and driving or riding is a very stupid idea.
Peter - Snow's still here, we had to keep the flowers in the house to get them to bloom, everything outside (even the "Winter hardy") have died. Least sunlight in winter here for 30 years hasn't down the garden any favors. Just had the first Braai of the year with a friend of mine originally from Jo'burg who was back home for 2 weeks diving and was nearly in tears when he got back to -9C

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2489

Great shot Ben and Phillipe
Love the number 2#and 3#first from you on this page Curtis.. Wow!

MarkdV
Total Posts: 751

CGrindahl wrote:
That was with the 135 f/2.8 AI that got VERY little use on that trip and didn't make a subsequent trip. Of course, I discovered it is an excellent lens with tubes and put it to use that way.

I'll post the windmills shot for those newcomers who weren't around back then... two and a half years ago... amazing we've been at this so long...

Rain started to fall only moments after this was shot.

Thanks for re-posting. It may not have gotten much action, but what it did, it did beautifully. Great capture. Also really like your latest work with the tubes, but I think even from the early days of this thread you've had a talent for them.

georgms

Ben and Philippe - nice to hear from you! As usual very nice work!

Curtis, I like the windmills-shot a lot! I've been boating over at Frisia a couple of times and really like the views from the countless waterways.
The Agave (?) is another great capture.

Mark, beautiful portrait of your son!

Leighton, I really wonder how you've managed to shoot your boot ;-)

Avi, congrats to your 400/5.6!

Kevin, very nice work with the "underrated" Series-E-28mm! I like especially the free-lensed "Abstract".

Ronny, good job with the 180/2.8ED!

Jose, the Pompeii-shots are really great - keep em coming!

Chin, the digger in the jungle is fantastic!

georgms

A quick grab from this morning:

16/3.5Ai at f/16, D700

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2489

Thanks
Great shot Georg

leighton w
Total Posts: 9493

Good to see some of the lost, Philippe, Ben and Georg!

Great "grab" Georg.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 6045

Turned out to be a fantastic late winter afternoon here in Seattle so the whole family went down to the beach for low tide.
Took the 16/3.5, 50/1.2, 90/3.5CV, 135/2, and 400/5.6 ED with me, but I never took the 135/2 off the camera.

Can't wait to see the results, but I'll have to as those little plastic strips with light sensitive chemicals on them need to be "E6 processed" so I hear . . .

All with the newly rebuilt FE2. Hope the focusing screen is accurate as I rarely shot anything other than f/2. Now why again can't modern DLSRs have a focusing screen as bright and crisp as my FE2 . . .?

When I get the slides back I'll image them with my 55/3.5 and D800 since my CoolScan 5000ED is long sold.

John

georgms

John, I can really understand your wish for a DSLR with a screen like the FE2. Based on Dylan's hint I've replaced the stock-screen of my D700 with the screen from an old Miranda, and while it's a huge improvement over the standard-screen, it's still not like a classic SLR.
Just in case you stumble across a Leicaflex SL, have a look through it's finder - it doesn't get any better than this in my opinion. Nikon should really offer a screen made for manual focusing.
Btw, shooting with a manual SLR is a great experience - the shutter-sound, the handling, the feel to work with something "mechanical" is hard to beat. Hope the slides turn out great ;-)

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2645

leighton w wrote:
Ok, I have reached the extreme of boredom. So much so, I have stooped to taking shots of my boot! I did manage to hobble out to the propagation greenhouses to take a few snaps of crops Barbara has started. it's always nice to go in there this time of year to get a green fix.

BTW Reagan, these were all with nice 28mm f2.8 AI-s you sold me, thanks again.

Leighton, loved the bokeh playing on this one!

asiostygius

CGrindahl wrote:
A macro with the 135 f/2.8 AI and a Vivitar tube whose length I don't recall...

Beautiful capture!

asiostygius

MarkdV wrote:
Some love for a lens that doesn't get much use from me, the 75-150mm Series E. A versatile range of focal lengths covered but a couple of peculiarities the stop it becoming a firm favorite like the vignetting on the FX sensor and the zoom creep I haven't quite eliminated yet.
However I think it gives a very nice colour rendition and can make some very pleasing images.

Mark, I loved the rich colours and the subject isolation.

designdog
Total Posts: 198

This might be a good choice:
http://www.focusingscreen.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_92&products_id=593

Ming TheIn put the screen from his F6 on his D700, to help him with all those Zeiss lenses...

asiostygius

georgms wrote:
A quick grab from this morning:

16/3.5Ai at f/16, D700

Georg, you and John are masters of shots of the sun with the 16/3.5!

1       2       3              2627      
       2629              4320       4321       end