Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2624

1       2       3              2624      
       2626              4321       4322       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 9493

mp356 wrote:
asiostygius wrote:
First test shots of the newly arrived 28-50mm f/3.5 ais on my preferred "test chart" at infinity, already becoming boring but at least not so boring as a real test chart

Firstly a 4 vertical shots pano at 28mm

4 vertical shots pano with Nikkor 28-50mm f/3.5 ais @28mm by labecoaves, on Flickr
4 vertical shot pano.
D600 + 28-50mm f/3.5 at 28mm, f/8 at 1/500s, ISO 100, hand held.

This zoom is pretty good from f/5.6 to f/11, peak at f/8-11.
At f/3.5 - 4 borders at FX (D600) are soft.
Bought it cheap (< USD 150.00 including shipping to Brazil - thank you Chuong!!)

It would be perfectly matched with a 50-135 or 75-150 for travel light.

Jose, congrats on the new 28-50. I thing you will really like this lens. I us it as you suggest for walk-around paired with the 105 2.5.

Good grief! Now you have me wondering if I should sell mine!

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2645

Thank you Scott and Leighton.

Resuming the Pompeii series, the Amphitheatre in a cloudy day of February:

Pompeii's Amphitheatre - 3 horiz. shots pano by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd hand held, ISO 200, f/8 at 1/160s.
Side view of the Amphitheatre in a cloudy day of February.
There is a guy at extreme right to give us an idea of scale.

A larger version can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/labecoaves/8522276800/sizes/k/in/photostream/

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2490

Thanks
Great shot Jose samy Peter and Georg

NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8 ED AI-s by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

kwoodard
Total Posts: 3006

Got to shoot a little last Thursday, shooting for a co-worker who wanted a shot of a tree that is blossoming pink (still working on that one). This shot was a surprise to me. It isn't in focus and you really cannot tell what it is, but I like the abstract.

Series E 28mm, free-lensed for light leak affect. This is nearly SOC, all I did was color correct for exposure.

DSC_6827 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Reagan
Total Posts: 3012

Jose, glad you got your wide angle Much cheaper than the 25-50 Nice detailed test shots
Ronny, Glad to see that there are women in Sweden Well done

Reagan

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2490

Thanks Reagan
after all, a few pictures .. Now I am waiting for Philippe
Great shot Kevin

kwoodard

Thanks Ronny.

Here is the blossoming tree my coworker loves.

First shot is with the Series E 28mm. Either I have an excellent copy or the so-called reviewers that rate this so low are out of their minds.

DSC_6823 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Second is with the Series E 50mm

DSC_6818 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

leighton w

Jose - Nice shot of the Amphitheater.

Ronny - This is one of the uses that's right up the 180's alley, candid street shooting, well done.

Kevin - Very nice shot of what appears to be a dandelion, love these kinds of images. I also like the tree.

asiostygius
Total Posts: 2645

Beautiful flowers Kevin!

Thanks Reagan, but if you someday decide to sell your 25-50/4, depending on the price, I would be interested

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

asiostygius wrote:
Thank you Scott and Leighton.

Resuming the Pompeii series, the Amphitheatre in a cloudy day of February:

Pompeii's Amphitheatre - 3 horiz. shots pano by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd hand held, ISO 200, f/8 at 1/160s.
Side view of the Amphitheatre in a cloudy day of February.

A larger version can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/labecoaves/8522276800/sizes/k/in/photostream/

This is terrific, and I enjoyed the whole series on your flickr, thanks for sharing these!

a.RodriguezPix

I have fallen so far behind here, and I am unable to contribute as well! I sadly sold my last Nikkor, in order to survive a few bills, and now, I am in the process of selling my Nikon D700, and going analogue, as a way to drive myself insane, and to learn the methods of the ancients! The best news is, I will be teaching my daughter for her photography course during her recuperation, before returning to normal school! I will definitely return here often, in order to learn more as well, since I am far away from having an extent knowledge of photography! thanks everyone for everything, and keep on trucking, er, photographing! -Americo

leighton w

Americo, watch what you say about some of us "ancients"! I grew up shooting film!

kwoodard

Thanks all. You are correct Leighton, that is a dandelion. I have another shot that is more recognizable, but I prefer the one I posted.

a.RodriguezPix

leighton w wrote:
Americo, watch what you say about some of us "ancients"! I grew up shooting film!

Ahh, then, You have mastered film, oh great one! Then you must understand my plight? You understand my need to seek the way of the film, and most likely run back to digital like heck!

Reagan

I remember someone was looking for Extension Tubes

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1194144

Also a Nikon 500 f8 for $195

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1194132

Reagan

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

Curtis your work with the tubes is extraordinary. I have a tough time with the rocking part.
Ronny I am loving your work with the 180
Samy the 35mm 2.0 seems like a wonderful lens and I am enjoying the Canton photos. Also the church spires are fantastic!
Peter excellent work with the tubes. The bottlebrush is wonderful and especially the gaura
Georg your B&W photos are first rate. Sharp, detailed, framed and perfectly exposed!
Chin what a unique shot using the 45mm I love it!
Jose your tests are so welcome here. They are just the type of photos anyone considering a particular lens would want to see. Thank you!!! BTW the 16mm is first rate!
Ronny very sharp work on the street shots especially the young ladies, maybe you can do this again in the summer time for REAGAN
Kevin great work with the 28mm and of course it's a GREAT lens. Look where it came from

Reagan

^^^^^
What he said

Reagan

kwoodard

MDoc9523 wrote:Kevin great work with the 28mm and of course it's a GREAT lens. Look where it came from

Its a little tough to focus, but I think it is mighty nice at f/5.6 or f/8. Some of the wide opens lose a tiny bit of sharpness at the edges, but I think since I am using it on Dx, its more than fine. I love it and the 80-200 I got from you. Thanks again!

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5115

kwoodard wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:Kevin great work with the 28mm and of course it's a GREAT lens. Look where it came from

Its a little tough to focus, but I think it is mighty nice at f/5.6 or f/8. Some of the wide opens lose a tiny bit of sharpness at the edges, but I think since I am using it on Dx, its more than fine. I love it and the 80-200 I got from you. Thanks again!

Another advantage to DX is that it uses the sweet part of the lens. Kevin you are doing great work with those lenses. I saw a 100 2.8E on the B&S for $99 I think it was Ohio Ray that had it listed. Might be next on your list?

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 13195

For folks interested in extension tubes, you might want to consider the set that I began with distributed by Vivitar which includes three different lengths of tubes, 12mm, 20mm and 36mm. This is tricky because they make one set for pre-AI lenses and a second for AI lenses. I've bought both and can tell you for sure the pre-AI set WILL NOT work with the lenses most of us are mounting on our DSLR cameras. Here is a link to an E-Bay auction for the correct set of Vivitar tubes.

Vivitar AT-3/AI Extension Tubes

I visited my local camera store this afternoon and came upon an old Vivitar MF lens and I have to say, it was built every bit as well as the Zeiss lenses belonging to a friend who gave me a brief tour of the other side. I also saw an old Soligor lens and it too was beautifully made. I don't think the optical designs were necessarily up to Zeiss standards but they were beautiful lenses. The Vivitar tubes are very functional and well built. They are not quite a substantial as Nikon tubes but they cost a great deal less. I paid $29 for the set.

And this was shot with the 105 f/2.5 P with the PK-11a and PK-12 attached.

1       2       3              2624      
       2626              4321       4322       end