Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2607

1       2       3              2607      
       2609              5887       5888       end

leighton w
Total Posts: 12618

Reagan wrote:

Nuts and Bolts and a photo I like but can't get rid of the people behind the sign I tried in Lightroom but couldn't do it

Reagan

Here you go Reagan. Love the bolts.

leighton w

CGrindahl wrote:
This from Ridgecrest Boulevard rides a crest above the Pacific Ocean with fantastic views in every direction. It has been used often for car commercials so it make be familiar to folks as I post photos from the area. Here is a link to a website for cyclists who are always on the lookout for great rides.

http://weliketobike.com/tag/ridgecrest-boulevard/

And Nikki taking in the scene. Shot with the 35 f/2 O AI'd.

I really like this one, Nikki looks like she's catching some rays. Beautiful countryside.

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
Curtis, you do live in a beautiful area. I am really enjoying seeing it through yours and Nikki's eyes. By contrast, this one was taken on my way to work today. With the snow, somehow it feels like it is still Aprils Fools Day. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais on the V1.
Scott

Scott, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!! Nice image but MAN...

leighton w

raboof wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. It's been a few weeks that I haven't pickup my camera. I got a couple of hours on Saturday so I headed to the University of Cincinnati campus with the 16mm f3.5and the 85mm f1.4. I am still learning the 16mm. Here is one with the 85mm.

.. a bit of purple added. I guess I miss Philippe.

Very nice work Chuong, I liked your earlier ones as well.

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

CGrindahl wrote:
mp356 wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
I!

)

Although I could likely convince Ben that I needed more time, but then everyone else in my life who has been ignored the last two weeks might actually REBEL...

er.....no.......Curtis .....you could NOT likely convince Ben......lol.......

ben

georgms
Total Posts: 4045

Curtis, I just love the foggy Panos!

Scott, congrats to your V1! It's a neat little machine - with some shortcomings and some good features.
I hope the color of your V1 doesn't match the white on your fine winterly golf-court ;-)

Chuong, I really like the image taken with the 85/1.4 - interesting play with the architecture and great colors.

Reagan, love the bokeh-signature of the old 50/1.4! It renders the background in bonanza-fashion , I like this effect for certain subjects.

Jose, a bar-counter for dry goods? I'm totally shaken by this information - can't imagine the ancient Roman's as dry muesli-eaters
Very good photography notwithstanding the "dry subject".

Roland, congrats to your new 180/2.8ED! I like your series - especially the 1st image and the very last shot with the swirly bokeh.

Mike, nice work with the 28/2Ai! This lens (in different variants) was my go-to-optic for many, many news-shots.

Ray, nice airy easter-decorations-shot!

bruni
Total Posts: 1650

raboof wrote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. It's been a few weeks that I haven't pickup my camera. I got a couple of hours on Saturday so I headed to the University of Cincinnati campus with the 16mm f3.5and the 85mm f1.4. I am still learning the 16mm. Here is one with the 85mm.

.. a bit of purple added. I guess I miss Philippe.

nice shot Chuong

yeah, me too. I miss Phillippe - maybe I'll start adding purple to all my shots till he returns

(this could get ugly)

ben

leighton w

georgms wrote:

Scott, congrats to your V1! It's a neat little machine - with some shortcomings and some good features.
I hope the color of your V1 doesn't match the white on your fine winterly golf-court ;-)

Wow, I just noticed this, congrats Scott.

georgms

Here's an over-the-top processed shot from this evening (the sun was down already).
At smaller scale it looks kinda interesting, but at 100 % the image just flies in all directions ;-)

just a big wet stone - D700 at ISO200, 20 seconds at f/18, PC 85/2.8D

leighton w

It may be "over-processed" Georg, but I like it.

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4677

leighton w wrote:

+1 agreed

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

overprocessed? this might be... but hey, whatever makes us happy

P38 with the 105mm f2.5 on D7000, run through all sorts of Photoshop actions to enhance texture. Can't see it too well on the web size

detail crop

kwoodard
Total Posts: 4677

pburke wrote:

P38 with the 105mm f2.5 on D7000, run through all sorts of Photoshop actions to enhance texture. Can't see it too well on the web size

detail crop

Love it (some of the dark areas seem to have lost their detail though)! Can you share the actions you used?

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

Here's a monitor breaker from the south vista point for the Golden Gate bridge. This is a three shot panorama taken with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI'd. Sorry Leighton... it is large in dimensions but only a bit over 300kb in size.

CGrindahl
Total Posts: 16784

I'll drop one in from the other side of the bridge taken with Nikki. This really was a trip for her after all...

The area around the bridge and the west part of San Francisco had fog while the downtown was bright and sunny as you see in some later shots. Tomorrow I'll spend more time in that part of town. Today I traveled the coast, then ventured into town before heading back home where it is nice and sunny. Glad I had a vest with me today...

georgms

Leighton, Kevin and Peter - thanks!

Peter, really interesting look of the P38. Smooth and contrasty at the same time, sorry, can't find better words for it.

Curtis and Kevin, looking at all the fine pictures of the Golden Gate bridge I remember the grumbling of the SF-photogs some years ago (esp. after 9/11): are the security-related photo-restrictions for the Golden Gate finally history?

designdog
Total Posts: 227

pburke wrote:

detail crop

Just a thought on this: might be interesting to see what it looks like with a "real sky," that is, mask out the effect on the sky, just keep it on the aircraft...

pburke
Total Posts: 3003

designdog wrote:
Just a thought on this: might be interesting to see what it looks like with a "real sky," that is, mask out the effect on the sky, just keep it on the aircraft...

the sky is mostly changed by a grayscale gradient and lens correction add vignette, but the main action was Russel Brown's CS4 Smart Image Detailing script, found here (quite a bit down,since on top are all the CS6 actions)

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

watch the video that goes with it - it's complicated enough that each time I run this I forget something. This time I forgot the negative part. Still looks cool

The above image was actually made from a JPG - have to go back and redo this with the RAW anyway, and this time I'll try to stick to the instructions.

The image above also has a black and white layer over it to turn it a little more pale. The overall effect looks to me like somebody oiled the matte paint on the plane.

Oh, I also removed a Go Pro camera from the cockpit - those darn things are sprouting everywhere to mess up a good image. Clone tool, healing brush - gone.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
Curtis, you do live in a beautiful area. I am really enjoying seeing it through yours and Nikki's eyes. By contrast, this one was taken on my way to work today. With the snow, somehow it feels like it is still Aprils Fools Day. Taken with the 28 2.8 ais on the V1.
Scott

Scott, YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!! Nice image but MAN...

Curtis and Leighton, yes it is true, more snow. We get what is called "lake effect" snow off of the Great Lakes. On the plus side, it is supposed to be 50+ degrees Thursday! Curtis, don't worry about your visit. They will have the roads plowed by August. Just kidding. It will be beautiful by then.

Thank you Ray and Georg. The V1 is a lot of fun. Georg, I agree it does have its limitations. Some are fustrating but it is nice to be able to use the old Nikkors on this small body.

mp356
Total Posts: 5639

kwoodard wrote:
leighton w wrote:

+1 agreed

+2 Georg!

1       2       3              2607      
       2609              5887       5888       end