/forum/topic/929565/2603

1       2       3              2603      
       2605              4045       4046       end

NightOwl Cat
Total Posts: 7543

Ode To Monty

mp356
Total Posts: 4183

Thanks Laura. The 28 2.8 ais is a nice little lens. Makes a great general purpose lens on my D7000. Great close focus, sharp, and contrasty. What more could you want.
Scott

mp356
Total Posts: 4183

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Ode To Monty

Laura, I like these. Nice studies.

Reagan
Total Posts: 2855

My orchids survived the last cold spell and even decided to bloom
50 1.4 SC

Reagan

Reagan

Nice shot of the train Scott
Laura, I had to stop and think about what month it was. You had me momentarily confused

Reagan

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2696

leighton w wrote:
kwoodard wrote:
Here are some recent shots. First three are with the Series E 28mm (first one is a reverse macro) and the last is the 80-200mm f/4.5. I have also been working on my B/W conversions. Zichar (Chin) kindly sent me a magazine on converting images for B/W with a variety of different techniques. Hope you approve Chin!

BTW, this is not a crop. I had the penny standing up on my 80-200 and the camera sitting on a small stack of books...

DSC_6121 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

This one was INCREDIBLY harsh light. I didn't do any gradient masks or anything like that. The shadows were really that hard.

DSC_6135b by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Kevin, I like these two a lot! The conversion worked very well. I also like your moon shoot, but I can't tell if that's some kind of processing artifact or just the clouds on the lower left side.

It is a processing artifact. I wasn't very worried as it was more of an exercise. There was an out of focus tree in that spot and I removed it. The color version looks fine but the conversion makes it noticeable.

Thanks for the compliments all, I appreciate them. It seems I have found my groove for architecture, need to work on people.

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4886

Thank you Samy, Kevin, John, Chin, Mark and Scott
Kevin nice work on the moon shot
Mark very nice shots. Little birds are the hardest - so little to aim at
Ronny very nice work and for sure worth the modest price. A lot of lens for the money
Scott another great train shot. You gotta love that sharp little lens!
Laura it's so nice to have the pumpkins back
Reagan beautiful flowers. Nice color

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2159

Thanks
Scott: Great train shot .. love the last one
Great shot Laura
Reagan: Beautiful flowers

leighton w
Total Posts: 8985

Scott, thanks for another great sample, and thanks for the plug on the B&S board.

Laura, Great set, now let them go as long as Monty did.

Reagan, very nice, I love the first one. But you need that 1.2 back.

Reagan

I need them all back
I am not going to spend your money till you post some photos

Reagan

MDoc9523

Reagan wrote:
I need them all back

Reagan

Don't be hard on Leighton he is still recovering.

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2159

Reagan wrote:
I need them all back

Reagan

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

I copied this quote from and Ebay ad for a lens.

" Up for sale a classic and definition to the term Super Telephoto the Nikon/Nikor 800mm f8. This monster will do what it is designed for with super sharp results.... bring objects close and within a small angel of veiw. This lens was limited when it was new due to the F8 to F32 range (film days) , but today with the new high ISO range cameras it shines in a new light (get it new light). I have had it for several years and it has gotten me some great nature shots using a D2X. I upgraded to the D3x and had problems getting good images. I contacted Nikon and found it is not compatible with the D3X or D800. I have used it with a D7000 and its fine. Nikon said the newer cameras refocus the image internally ?.

Oh really is that is what has been wrong with some of my lenses on my D800! They refocus internally! Hum so I guess the D7000 does it externally! Man where do people get this stuff.

sbarricklow
Total Posts: 2090

Male Cardinal on the backyard bird feeder. Shot with a Nikkor 500 mm mirror lens.

NightOwl Cat

Thanks Ray, I've had this since before Halloween, and it's just now starting to turn. I'll have to see how far I can keep it

MDoc9523 wrote:
Laura it's so nice to have the pumpkins back

Ha Ha Reagan, guess when your weather isn't quite so cold and you don't see snow, it's easier to forget what month it is

Reagan wrote:
Laura, I had to stop and think about what month it was. You had me momentarily confused

Reagan

Very beautiful!

Reagan wrote:
My orchids survived the last cold spell and even decided to bloom
50 1.4 SC

Reagan

Thanks Scott, I figured I'd get the old D50 out of mothballs and give it a whirl too.

mp356 wrote:
NightOwl Cat wrote:
Ode To Monty

Laura, I like these. Nice studies.

Heh heh, we'll see how long it goes. There's only one of these here.

leighton w wrote:

Laura, Great set, now let them go as long as Monty did.

NightOwl Cat

Sam, nice cardinal!

sbarricklow wrote:
Male Cardinal on the backyard bird feeder. Shot with a Nikkor 500 mm mirror lens.

MarkdV
Total Posts: 662

designdog wrote:
Thanks, Leighton. Don't really have a shooting style. Seems to me I am more infatuated by the equipment!

Here is what I was just doing, and something that might be of interest to others here:

In Lightroom, Library mode, hit the backslash key to bring up the Library Filter (make sure you have selected a folder containing a representative amount of recent photos. Mine has over 46,000...) Choose Metadata. You can then see all of the Cameras and Lenses you have used to take the photos in that folder, or folders. You can see a count for each item, etc. Fascinating.

For me, it shows that I took almost as many photos with the X100 in one year as I did with the 7D in four. I think this is more about the shooting experience than about the quality of the image. And I have already taken more photos with the D700 than with the X Pro 1 (although that may change if Adobe does indeed update Lightroom tomorrow...)

So, no pattern. The 180 is the last of the supposed Nikon classic mf lenses that will round out my lineup, and I am leaning to it...

Hi David,

I have the 180 and 300mm and I would personally go for the 180, it's an amazing lens and unless you want it for bird shots then the 180 will give you a ton of versatility and razor sharpness. I don't have the 20mm, from what I read it is supposedly a great lens as well but I think that the 180 is pretty fantastic and hard to beat.

I've had it half the time and done more with it than the 300.

Of course the 20mm will give you a focal length you don't already have covered (even if it is by an AF lens).

rankamateur
Total Posts: 838

18th Birthday celebration at the infamous Grotto's Pizza for my Niece Lexi with her big sister Jess supervising the cupcake intake. Sammy note that Ravens cap Lexi is sporting.. 35 F2 AI-S

saph
Total Posts: 2251

Nice party for your niece Ron, and looks like good pizza too! I did note the Ravens cap but I was in DC today.

A few pictures from the Vietnam Memorial, all with the 55 1.2.

The memorial wall.

And statues near the memorial.

MDoc9523

NIKON 300 F4.5 IF AIS ED lens on Ebay for $200 if anyone is interested?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130857411587?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m159.l1634&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661

1       2       3              2603      
       2605              4045       4046       end