Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2601

1       2       3              2601      
       2603              3819       3820       end

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 4612

Thank you Peter. I should have stated the names of the animals. According to the zoo's website
1. CLOUDED LEOPARD
2. ANGOLAN BLACK AND WHITE COLOBUS
3. MALAYAN TIGER

kwoodard
Total Posts: 2403

saph wrote:
Philippe, nice street portraiture again, good to see you posting again. Ray, is that the Tampa zoo? Visited it many years ago and from the zoo, took a boat down a river that goes through the city. Main memory is the occasional alligator sunning itself in people's backyard that sloped down towards the river. And your 300 keeps on shining!

Here's Elizabeth 2, Canadian queen. Taken with the 55 3.5 Micro-Nikkor, f/4, 1/60s and ISO 250. Testing out small Giotto's tripod. The camera with the 55 Micro pointing down vertically isn't exactly stable, have to hold on to the tripod. Mishap waiting to happen.

When I have done macro work like this, I put my object on top of something to get it closer to the camera on the tripod. Other times, I just set the camera down, resting the body on the tripod mount and the edge of the lens (if I have to get really close to the object that is).

Series E 28mm reversed with the BR2 reversing ring. This isn't cropped either..

OK, here it is now...

DSC_6082 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

raboof
Total Posts: 1335

WOW Ray - #1 is #1

James Markus
Total Posts: 4242

All Beautiful, Ray!

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's a couple shots from the Lowery Park Zoo yesterday. More fun with the 300mm 4.5 EDIF

Reagan
Total Posts: 2754

I think Ray is reprinting them from NG magazine

Reagan

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 1864

Thanks

No girls yet
But I have anyway bought a Nikkor 180 ai-s that I probably get the next weekend .. so we hope for such shots later ;-)
Then the 28mm When I can find it at the right price
then I'm probably done .. or not

Wow ..Great shots Ray.. the 300mm 4.5 EDIF shines in your hand
Great shot Z
Samy, beautiful tree and leaf photo

Nikkor 50 1.8 Ai
No spring in sight

Nikkor 50 1.8 Ai by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

kwoodard

Here are some recent shots. First three are with the Series E 28mm (first one is a reverse macro) and the last is the 80-200mm f/4.5. I have also been working on my B/W conversions. Zichar (Chin) kindly sent me a magazine on converting images for B/W with a variety of different techniques. Hope you approve Chin!

BTW, this is not a crop. I had the penny standing up on my 80-200 and the camera sitting on a small stack of books...

DSC_6082 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

DSC_6121 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

This one was INCREDIBLY harsh light. I didn't do any gradient masks or anything like that. The shadows were really that hard.

DSC_6135b by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

This one I was working with dodging and burning to isolate the woman's face. Jury is still out if I like this image or not.

DSC_6196 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2216

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here's a couple shots from the Lowery Park Zoo yesterday. More fun with the 300mm 4.5 EDIF

1. CLOUDED LEOPARD, such a beautiful animal!

MDoc9523

Thank you all for the compliments on the zoo shots. The clouded leopard put on quite a show pacing and "talking" to everyone. He was my absolute favorite!

saph
Total Posts: 2071

Kevin, that's funny, I had coins on my 180 AIS And very nice pictures, the whole set. Very nice color with the rust in the coin.

Ronny, like your snow and bokeh shots with the 50 1.8 AI. The 180 AIS is a favorite of many here and you will enjoy it! It is sharp starting at f/2.8 itself.

Here's Lady Liberty with the 55 3.5 K Micro-Nikkor, with about 110mm of extension tubes attached. Two studio lights weren't enough, this was a bit of a struggle for exposure. Anything less than f/4 and could barely see the coin. So this is f/4 and hence the surface of the coin is not entirely in focus. Plus the tabletop tripod wants to tip over even more with the extra tubes attached to the lens.

MDoc9523

Samy the coin shot is first rate
Ronny love this one

Kevin this one shines

Samy few people realize how much work macros really are - nicely done!

saph
Total Posts: 2071

What a pose! Ray, I have been reading up on clouded leopards after seeing your images, I don't think I have come across pictures of this particular cat before. They are endangered, like the tigers. Only 10,000 are left and the population is further dwindling.

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you all for the compliments on the zoo shots. The clouded leopard put on quite a show pacing and "talking" to everyone. He was my absolute favorite!

kwoodard

MDoc9523 wrote:

My daughters love this one! I do too!

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5229

Fantastic zoo shots Ray!

kwoodard

One more for tonight. 80-200mm, composite of 2 shots (one of the tree and one of the moon, its in the same location, just wanted a sharp moon) then otherwise played with in PS...

DSC_6782b by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Reagan

Kevin, Great work ^

Reagan

Reagan

Ronny always beautiful winter photos

Reagan

MarkdV
Total Posts: 658

Samy, Kevin, Ronny, Ray, Philippe. As usual amazing shots from you guys.

Ray, you need to change your profile, for sure your shots are worth far more than 100 words.

Kevin, I think the woman's face works really well and you tree and moon shot combo is stunning to say the least.

Here's some bird shots with the 300mm f4.5 and a 1.4x teleconverter. Not to the standard of certain others on this forum but fun to take (if cold).

leighton w
Total Posts: 8617

Ronny _Olsson wrote:
Thanks

No girls yet
But I have anyway bought a Nikkor 180 ai-s that I probably get the next weekend .. so we hope for such shots later ;-)
Then the 28mm When I can find it at the right price
then I'm probably done .. or not

Wow ..Great shots Ray.. the 300mm 4.5 EDIF shines in your hand
Great shot Z
Samy, beautiful tree and leaf photo

Nikkor 50 1.8 Ai
No spring in sight

I like this one Ronny, I just feel the cold.

leighton w
Total Posts: 8617

kwoodard wrote:
Here are some recent shots. First three are with the Series E 28mm (first one is a reverse macro) and the last is the 80-200mm f/4.5. I have also been working on my B/W conversions. Zichar (Chin) kindly sent me a magazine on converting images for B/W with a variety of different techniques. Hope you approve Chin!

BTW, this is not a crop. I had the penny standing up on my 80-200 and the camera sitting on a small stack of books...

DSC_6121 by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

This one was INCREDIBLY harsh light. I didn't do any gradient masks or anything like that. The shadows were really that hard.

DSC_6135b by Kevin.Woodard, on Flickr

Kevin, I like these two a lot! The conversion worked very well. I also like your moon shoot, but I can't tell if that's some kind of processing artifact or just the clouds on the lower left side.

1       2       3              2601      
       2603              3819       3820       end