Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2596

1       2       3              2596      
       2598              4242       4243       end

Foggy14
Total Posts: 1024

Thanks Jim!

Tony, if I didn't have a 105mm I'd jump on yours. Good luck with your sale and hope you're feeling better.

Rafael, have a great trip. I look forward to seeing your shots from El Salvador.

leighton w
Total Posts: 9288

MarkdV wrote:
Some Doors especially to help Leighton pass the time as I believe he has stated he has a thing for them. These are the doors of Sanguinetto in Italy (near Verona).

1-4 are with the 55mm micro and the last is the 28mm series E.

Thanks for the doors Mark, I like this one the best. Maybe I'll quit farming and travel around the world to shoot doors!

leighton w

MDoc9523 wrote:
I think that if this pixel density were a problem we would have heard of any problems from the D5200 or D3200 they both have 24mp although they are different sensors. I had thought that if I did sell my D7000 w/kit lens I would ask $900. The D7100 w/kit is $1500.

Ray, FWIW, I sold my D7000 ant kit lens separately right after the D600 came out. I got $850 for the camera and $215 for the lens. Good luck selling yours and I'm looking forward to seeing your work with the D7100! Judging by the latest eagle images you posted, it really wouldn't matter what camera you had they would be great!

leighton w

Foggy14 wrote:
Mark, great doors.

Ray, more wonderful eagle shots.

Here's a b&w conversion, taken with the 28mm 2.8, from one of my favorite local trails.

Wonderful play with light and shadows with this one Jeff, Well seen, and nicely converted.

leighton w

designdog wrote:
Yikes! Just joined this group, and I already made a disloyal acquisition: a Rokinon 85 1.4 with chip. Really want the Nikon 85 1.4 ais, but good ones are going for ~$700. Well see how this compares to my 85 2 ai.

On the plus side, I did get a 135 2.8 ais to round out my collection...

Well David, you can just claim temporary insanity! Congrats on the 135 though. And so it begins.

leighton w

kings_freak wrote:
If you or anyone you know is interested, I have a 105mm 1.8 on the B&S.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1191144/0#lastmessage

Now I am going back to trying to get over this crap cold/flu/whatever I have. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, so I can go out and shoot some.

Tony

Looks like a stellar lens. Hope you feel better soon.

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1406

CGrindahl wrote:
pburke wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
It will also auto focus up to F8 instead of F5.6

wrong audience

Not necessarily as the TC16A is allowed, and also the focus lights are very useful when focusing a manual super tele.

rafaelcasd

rankamateur wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Sounds like a great camera on paper. My only real concern would be packing that many more MP's on that size sensor.

They said the same thing about the D800

I recall reading that the pixel density of the D800 is very close to the density of the D7000. With this increase, the D7100 density will be substantially higher. Yes, we learned that increasing pixel density is not guaranteed to reduce low light performance or create other anomalies but we'll need to see how this camera performs to know for certain. I understand, of course, why this camera would appeal to you Ray. Your work with the D7000 is outstanding and you've described some very attractive improvements in the new release. I hope it performs as expected and that you find the means to get one for yourself. I'm guessing the market for a used D7000 just took a hit, which doesn't work for you but might spur Peter to take the plunge...

I'm still waiting for a D700 replacement...

Once you go FX ye shall never go back!!! But seriously we all know what is coming. Hey I got my new D7100 and it is way better than a D800 or a D4 yada yada yada yada. Just exactly what does anyone on this thread need with 51 autofocus points. I don't need any. In fact I wish I would have kept my D3.

It depends on one's use. I play both sides, far prefer manual focus but sometimes AF is needed for moving subjects.

rafaelcasd

rankamateur wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
rankamateur wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
Sounds like a great camera on paper. My only real concern would be packing that many more MP's on that size sensor.

They said the same thing about the D800

I recall reading that the pixel density of the D800 is very close to the density of the D7000. With this increase, the D7100 density will be substantially higher. Yes, we learned that increasing pixel density is not guaranteed to reduce low light performance or create other anomalies but we'll need to see how this camera performs to know for certain. I understand, of course, why this camera would appeal to you Ray. Your work with the D7000 is outstanding and you've described some very attractive improvements in the new release. I hope it performs as expected and that you find the means to get one for yourself. I'm guessing the market for a used D7000 just took a hit, which doesn't work for you but might spur Peter to take the plunge...

I'm still waiting for a D700 replacement...

Once you go FX ye shall never go back!!! But seriously we all know what is coming. Hey I got my new D7100 and it is way better than a D800 or a D4 yada yada yada yada. Just exactly what does anyone on this thread need with 51 autofocus points. I don't need any. In fact I wish I would have kept my D3.

You sold a D3? Why?
I love going to the Canon forum to listen to the weeping and nashing of teeth

I sold my D3 and then got the D800. In the hands of the right person it may of made a difference. In mine it was a waste of time.! At least I sold it before the bottom dropped out of the price on it. The price is already really low on a used D7000- I hope it does not go down more because of this new camera. My wifes is a great camera and it is not going anywhere.

I kept the D3 when buying the D800, glad I did, I have 20*30 prints from the D800 that the D3 could never make, also have 12*18" prints with the D3 that would not be any better from the D800. Also for high ISO the true results are equal for prints of any size, anything 1600 or over the D3 and D800 are equal but with a quarter the file size and processing time. I use the D3 for people and the D800 for landscape. Just my HO.

rankamateur
Total Posts: 851

leighton w wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:
I think that if this pixel density were a problem we would have heard of any problems from the D5200 or D3200 they both have 24mp although they are different sensors. I had thought that if I did sell my D7000 w/kit lens I would ask $900. The D7100 w/kit is $1500.

Ray, FWIW, I sold my D7000 ant kit lens separately right after the D600 came out. I got $850 for the camera and $215 for the lens. Good luck selling yours and I'm looking forward to seeing your work with the D7100! Judging by the latest eagle images you posted, it really wouldn't matter what camera you had they would be great!

+10 on that! We should start calling him bird man #2. Still have to save #1 for Jose

raboof
Total Posts: 1484

Ray - You are getting so good with the 300mm f4.5.

Took a flower from wife's V-day vase...

85mm f1.4

Zichar
Total Posts: 3521

50 1.2 AIS

you're up and you're down (CKC_9235) by Zichar, on Flickr

>>

Going slightly off-tangent, Anton (agentbird) is in town, although he's now off galivanting in other parts of SE Asia. Trying to get hold of him (or him of me, looking at my work schedule) so we could put the 45PCE through the paces together. Simply thinking that it's because of this thread that I'm now friends with a zany Norwegian from halfway round the world, well, gives me goosebumps!

Ronny _Olsson
Total Posts: 2413

Ray : Great shot on the eagle..Very impressive

mp356
Total Posts: 4287

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are a couple more Eagles shots with the 300mm 4.5 EDIF

Ray these are amazing. As a fellow D7000 shooter the D7100 does look interesting. They kept the base price very near if not the same as the D7000 when it came out if my memory is right. If you take the plunge, I will be curious how you think it compares.
Scott

mp356

Mark, nice door images.

Jeff, that favorite trail of yours looks like a nice place to take a walk. Well captured.

Chuong, the composition and lighting of the flower and vase is first rate.

Chin, another nice Oolong portrait. Neat that you and Anton are able to hookup.

leighton w

Chuong - I like this very much. It's nice how you eliminated the BG.

Chin - Good bokeh play! I hope you and Anton can meet up.

leighton w

mp356 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Ray these are amazing. As a fellow D7000 shooter the D7100 does look interesting. They kept the base price very near if not the same as the D7000 when it came out if my memory is right. If you take the plunge, I will be curious how you think it compares.
Scott

Ahh yes...who will be the first to jump?

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5086

Thank you Tony, Rafael, Kevin, Leighton, Jeff, Ron, Chuong, Ronnie and Scott.
Hope you have a great trip Rafael.
Jeff great B&W conversion
Chuong I love the flower
Scott I love my D7000 and as a person who tends to crop in order to get the correct composition, this upgrade is just what I need. Clean images of the D800E, weather sealing of the D4, dynamic range of the D600, 1/8000 and low light speed and focus of the D800 and for those odd times an autofocus that can't be beat. I also like the idea of the 1/3 crop factor as well as keeping all the things that I already love about the D7000. It looks like a lot of camera for the same money as it's predecessor.

mp356

leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Scott

Leighton, Leighton, come over to the "DX"side................

MDoc9523
Total Posts: 5086

mp356 wrote:
leighton w wrote:
mp356 wrote:
MDoc9523 wrote:

Scott

Leighton, Leighton, come over to the "DX"side................

You won't convince him. He's already defected to the OTHER side

1       2       3              2596      
       2598              4242       4243       end