Manual Focus Nikon Glass
/forum/topic/929565/2593

1       2       3              2593      
       2595              4306       4307       end

Reagan
Total Posts: 2999

saph wrote:
Thanks Ray, I will need to plan for a month in which Reagan doesn't sell his lenses

MDoc9523 wrote:
Thank you Samy. Come on down and we'll get together with Reagan and go out shooting
Nice work with the shift. I don't need a shift, I don't need a shift, I don't need a shift

It won't be this month

Reagan

mp356
Total Posts: 4331

Oosty wrote:
mp356 wrote:
Winter continues but with some nice sun. Taken yesterday with the 28 2.8 ais. I intentionally went out at midday in the bright sun to see what kind of image could be obtained in the harsh light. Thanks for looking.
Scott

I missed this one Scott - really handled the light beautifully. Well done.

Thank you Peter.

Reagan

Ron, nice photos with the 50-135
Leighton, I like the rainbow shot also. Well done
David, beautiful photo of the pond

Reagan

Reagan

Ray, nice bird photos again

Reagan

designdog
Total Posts: 198

Great eagle shots, Mr. Woodard, I was thinking about your 300mm, but realize you are getting more out of it on the D7000.

Now, can I set my D700 to DX coverage and do the same thing? Forgive me, but I have only been a Nikonian about a week now...

mp356

Jeff, thank you for the comment.
Scott

pbraymond
Total Posts: 1080

Leighton, nice rainbow shots.

Matt, well wishes going your way for fast healing through the therapy.

Nice eagles, Ray

I missed it somewhere, Leighton convalescing? Well wishes to you to.

Samy, thanks for the pic on the shifted 28. I've always wondered what happened inside the lens.

Scott, great midday shot. Winter is nice that way, even high noon has some angled lighting in the north.

Kevin, the parking lot and arrows is way cool.

Monty and AF, and his favorite MF lens is the 85 f1.4? I predict more $$$ leaving the household once he tries an 85 AF ...... be warned!

mp356

pbraymond wrote:

Scott, great midday shot. Winter is nice that way, even high noon has some angled lighting in the north.

Thank you for the comment Ray.

Oosty
Total Posts: 4039

MDoc9523 wrote:
Here are some Eagle shots from today. These birds are amazing to watch.They are so majestic that I didn't want to leave! All of these were shot with the D7000 and the 300mm 4.5 EDIF all were wide open save the second one at F11

Gorgeous. How did you get so close? Is there a blind?

Oosty

saph wrote:
Ray, I need to visit Florida just so I can take a picture of your pet eagle too Very nice.

I have seen occasional comments on the 28PC being complicated or people not sure how to use it, so I wanted to try to explain the basic mechanism of shifting in the next couple posts.

First pic is with the regular 20 3.5 UD lens, no shift or anything possible. From where I was standing I couldn't avoid getting the lane in the foreground in the frame. That's the iconic University of Maryland "M" on Campus Drive.

Next pic is with the 28 3.5 PC using the shift function to get rid of the foreground lane and instead get more of the sky. A better composition (I hope ) and removing the unwanted foreground.

Edit to this: both "M" pictures are the complete frames that were captured, no cropping.

And some pics of the lens in shifted and unshifted states next..

Samy, the use of the lens to control the perspective is the most impressive aspect. Even if you'd use the 28 2.8 (focal length equivalent) at that distance the buildings would have looked as if they were falling slightly backwards.

a.RodriguezPix
Total Posts: 2237

nikon d700 old nikkor 85mm 1.4 ais, handheld and hacked via lightroom 4

a Americo.Rodriguez photo-37 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

a Americo.Rodriguez photo-17 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

a Americo.Rodriguez photo-666 by aNikkorGuy, on Flickr

MarkdV
Total Posts: 746

It seems I'm about a day behind Peter on the eye front. Woke up this morning and it's very red and hard to open.

However I have 2 eyes and the other one can see some amazing photos that you've all posted in the last couple of days. That amazing rainbow from Hoppy (Leighton), great winter shot from Ray, really making that harsh light work for you, David showing that the D700 is still an awesome piece of kit along with a sharp 85mm f2, and back to Ray and his fantastico D7000 / 300mm combo along with a co-operative eagle looking very majestic.

David, you could set your D700 to crop mode but you can always crop in post production anyway to give exactly the same result and still leave yourself the full frame to play with in case you need it.

Samy, that's very interesting on the PC lens. I nearly bought one just before Christmas but chickened out at the last minute thinking I didn't really need one...and just spent a couple of days photographing buildings wishing I had one.

Here's one from Italy (Mantova). It's with the Series E 28mm which I think is a great lens for results but feels wrong somehow. It's focussed with my left eye so using the green focus dot as the viewfinder is set up for my right eye, if there is any issue witht he sharpness this is why and not the lens.

Oosty

Mark, a virus via the internet? Can't happen.........I'm going to plug McAfee into my ear

mp356

MarkdV wrote:
It seems I'm about a day behind Peter on the eye front. Woke up this morning and it's very red and hard to open.

However I have 2 eyes and the other one can see some amazing photos that you've all posted in the last couple of days. That amazing rainbow from Hoppy (Leighton), great winter shot from Ray, really making that harsh light work for you, David showing that the D700 is still an awesome piece of kit along with a sharp 85mm f2, and back to Ray and his fantastico D7000 / 300mm combo along with a co-operative eagle looking very majestic.

David, you could set your D700 to crop mode but you can always crop in post production anyway to give exactly the same result and still leave yourself the full frame to play with in case you need it.

Samy, that's very interesting on the PC lens. I nearly bought one just before Christmas but chickened out at the last minute thinking I didn't really need one...and just spent a couple of days photographing buildings wishing I had one.

Here's one from Italy (Mantova). It's with the Series E 28mm which I think is a great lens for results but feels wrong somehow. It's focussed with my left eye so using the green focus dot as the viewfinder is set up for my right eye, if there is any issue witht he sharpness this is why and not the lens.

Mark, nice reflection and soft mood in this image. Well captured. Hope the eye heals soon.
Scott

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

I am about to list a lot of items but wanting to see if anyone here interested in any of them first. I'll probably put them up on BS tomorrow morning. Thanks

D700 with MB-D10 - $1529 26,700 counts

105mm f2.5K Ai'd $129

24mm f2.8 Ai-S $229

35-70mm f3.5 Ai-S $129

50-135mm f3.5 Ai-S $129

leighton w
Total Posts: 9457

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the rainbow, much appreciated.

Ray - Those Eagle shots are FANTASTIC!. It's uncanny, seems like every time you post a photo with a particular lens, it makes me lust after it.

Mark - I love how you captured the reflection in the water, well seen.

leighton w

raboof wrote:
I am about to list a lot of items but wanting to see if anyone here interested in any of them first. I'll probably put them up on BS tomorrow morning. Thanks

D700 with MB-D10 - $1529 26,700 counts

105mm f2.5K Ai'd $129

24mm f2.8 Ai-S $229

35-70mm f3.5 Ai-S $129

50-135mm f3.5 Ai-S $129

I hope by you selling the D700 only indicates that you're upgrading, and not leaving us for another?

raboof
Total Posts: 1507

Leighton - My uncle, Sam, is asking for some help.
Note that I still have my D2x and those precious(IMO) lenses: 15mm, 20mm, 28mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm, 135mm, 180mm, 300mm.

leighton w

raboof wrote:
Leighton - My uncle, Sam, is asking for some help.
Note that I still have my D2x and those precious(IMO) lenses: 15mm, 20mm, 28mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm, 135mm, 180mm, 300mm.

Nuff said, family comes first!

rafaelcasd
Total Posts: 1467

MDoc9523 wrote:
Yes it does Kevin. It is a stellar lens that I bought off of one of our members here at the insistence of Reagan and from the great examples from Curtis. Chuong gave me a wonderful deal on this lens and every time I use it I am thankful for his generosity. Be dilagent and one will preset itself in due time.
I think that you have been doing wonderful work with the lenses that you have and you have proven that it isn't always about the lens. I haven't found any bad Nikkor lenses yet. I owe a lot to the D7000. I sold all of my Canon equipment to secure it, NO regrets here

Just wonderful pictures!

1       2       3              2593      
       2595              4306       4307       end